šŸµ Thunderclap ā€“ 5* Holy / Yellow from Jungle Hunters

Yeah, for a slow hero, doing whatever damage he had accumulated upon dispel would be a welcome buff to balance him out.

5 Likes

If the opposing team has taunt active will his special still hit all opponents or just the taunter? Anyone test? I like how Hippoā€™s special hits all opposing heroes regardless of taunt

I think that damage comes from a buff, more like Gulli

1 Like

Ok so technically it should hit all then regardless of taunt just like Hippoā€™s special?

1 Like

You guys are constantly mixing apples and oranges. Hippo does NOT deal damage through her special. Her special applies TWO BUFFS.
1st buff is +34% mana gen to the whole team
2nd buff is 225% damage after an ally fires their SS
with duration of 3 turns

2 Likes

@Petri

You really need to build on his special so that if itā€™s dispelled he does more damage - say 1300 to all other opponents; otherwise, what a crappy taunter when it can just be dispelledā€¦ at least if Ludwig, Queen Anne or any other taunter for that matter are dispelled, the other party members still get beneficial buffs that last.

Or you could easily fix this by making his taunt unaffected by dispel. It wouldnā€™t break this hero by doing so, since he doesnā€™t get any defensive buffs or impart any on other buffs onto party members.

As he is now, heā€™s pretty much garbage for being slow speed and relying on the fact he has to stay alive throughout all rounds of his taunt to take advantage of his damage.

I also think he should do tiered damage depending on if heā€™s killed off early then he does x% of the total damage he wouldā€™ve done if he stayed alive all 5 rounds; Iā€™d say 20% of his total damage each round he stays alive with 100% on the 5th round.

His passive also needs some serious reworkā€¦

7 Likes

Also tested him, he hits all opposing heroes even if taunt is active on one of the opposing heroes. Now they just need to make his taunt immune to dispel and he would actually be useful.

It would also be appreciated if his damage benefited from attack upā€¦

1 Like

while he isnā€™t a great taunter on defense, i see him shining more on attack.

and i do agree that he needs to do some damage when dispelled. my suggestion is that he does half the damage he is supposed to deal when dispelled with his buffs active.
My reason is that dispel needs to be rewarded against him and not fully be punishing.

2 Likes

The main problem with him is his speed. He is slow and most probably wonā€™t fire untill attacking team has dispell ready or ready in 5 turns. Same with buff blockers which makes him only worse and viable mostly as a tank. So, as a tank, you have like 6-7 turns for dispell and as a flank, you have 7-10 turns. And most matches are over in less than 10 turns

4 Likes

I agree with most of what has been said. A very punishing hero if the clock runs out, but thatā€™s a long time to charge and then wait for total destruction. Wouldnā€™t you have to dispel this hero twice though? Once for taunt and once for the damage buff? I know the damage buff builds when hit during taunt though, so you want to keep it for longer.

No need to dispel him twice, as one is enough to dispel both the taunt and the damage buff. You only need to dispel a hero twice if there are effects on other allies (e.g. Ludwig)

1 Like

Slow twist on Guardian Owl?

:owl:

he is a good hero, instead of thinking how to combine him with other heroes to optimize his strength, you want to increase his strength. so funny
What do you think about brynhild?

Donā€™t agree with this sorry, heā€™s not a great hero at the moment from what I can see and my limited testing. If you have no other taunt heroes then yes I guess heā€™s valuable but he is in the most expensive portal in the game and IMO isnā€™t as good as a hotm (Kara) and ludwig who was offered in soul exchange as well as other average taunt heroes.

As for making it work with other heroes thatā€™s great in principle but Brynhild is not going to cut it at the top levels of the game and you also lose a hero spot who could be doing something better than just making thunderclap viable. When there are so many good heroes why would I build my team around him?

Again not awful but heā€™s supposed to be a premium hero in a premium portal and just isnā€™t that great which is a shame because I would love a 5* gullinbursti like hero as delayed damage is a really interesting mechanic but this isnā€™t working at present IMO.

I havenā€™t thought it though completely but full/half damage on dispel and/or when killed might help, and giving the boosted health to all allies etc

Or something a bit more radical like giving taunt to everyone except him so heā€™s basically blocked from being hit by special skills until a dispel is used, so you have to either kill him with tiles only, or dispel the taunt then dispel the delayed damage or dispel taunts then use specials on him before he goes offā€¦ so more like a ticking time bomb worthy of being slow

6 Likes

Not every newly launched hero is suitable for the defensive team. you guys are asking for too much while also asking for nerf other heroes. He recovers 1250 hp and then deals 1000 damage. Have you seen anyone do this before . If I had him, Iā€™d build a squad around him

Donā€™t forget his talent skill too, itā€™s very useful

I mean we already have Erlang who does damage when cleansed. So why not do less damage if dispelled. Itā€™s the way the game is going anyways. Great suggestion!

1 Like

Funny that he is featured in the same portal that includes Kai and Louhi - two heroes that can completely nullify him in a fight.

Best would be to modify his damage ability similar to Gullinbursti, so that he does some damage in case he gets dispelled.

I was wondering what the best use for him isā€¦ most likely attack teams. PvP defense he does not cut it. PvE dependsā€¦ in the hunters event the fights take long enough but 1000 dmg is low against monsters. So I do not see him very useful compared to other tanksā€¦ Kara has much more usability. Sad.

4 Likes

fantastic in attack and that 250 heal per turn keeps him alive until the fifth turn and then the raid ends ā€¦

1 Like

I faced a lvl 90 Thunderclap today and when he died with the taunt and revived as part of the class talent ability, the taunt was still around - is this the way it is supposed to be?