Thumbs down to devs, thumbs up to moderators and my teammates

When you’re f2p luck plays a BIG part in it.

I have 2 HOTM that I managed to pull early on single EHT’s. Aeron and Gregorion. Lucky yes, yet when you look at the two HOTM’s available in the two months between those two, not so lucky.

1 Like

You find it difficult to believe that I have spent £8.97? Why? The game gives you everything for free, if you’re prepared to wait and to grind. I sincerely appreciate everyone who spends, but I don’t feel the urge, myself.

For the record, here’s the first £2.99 I spent, back in 2017 (the image is someone else’s so the currency is not mine):

The second and third £2.99 spends were on the Valentine’s Day/Christmas 300 gem offers that gave 30 gems to each alliance member. (I love my alliance members to an unhealthy degree, but I missed the Valentine’s offer just passed because I was stupid, drunk and slow.)

Many other players are more disciplined than me and stay strictly F2P.

2 Likes

Do you mind telling us how long did it take you to achieve this roster? The question is also addressed to @Brobb

Fair point, but I want to take a tiny bit of credit for myself: I never, ever summon unless the HOTM is one I really want. For example, I have not seen anything cool on offer for months now, so my epic summons tokens are building up…

I’ve have been lucky to get the heroes I targeted, but it hasn’t always paid off. I have blown a lot of Atlantis and event summons trying (and failing) to get Guin or BK over the years. I live in hope.

I’ve been playing since almost the beginning. I found this forum in May 2017 and I think I had been playing for a month or two by that point.

5 Likes

Three years of playing with a roster of 4* heroes with hardly spending any money, as you claimed above. Well some people are not satisfied with 4* heroes and are frustrated with the low odds of getting a 5*. You accept and is content with your situation some aren’t. The game promotes spending, yet it delivers crap. Do you understand why people are frustrated? Even, as you claim, grinding will get results. Grinding doesn’t always pays off.
Anyways, you’re one of the few that doesn’t spend, and from the looks of things, the game will die eventually for the lack of motivation and it’s becoming stale.

I started on 6th march 2018

So very close to two years

I started late February 2018. My total spending is around $34 CAD. The first 10 months were strictly f2p. First ever purchase was Rudolph’s gift – a Christmas present to myself and to SGG for a game I enjoyed playing. Since then I have bought Valeria’s Gift and Rudolph’s Gift again, and the three gem gift offers that also gift your alliance mates, and the odd cheap gem deal for $1.39.

I don’t chase HOTM; if they come they come. I did try chasing a Sand Empire hero (and got Arman), and a Guardian. Hoping for a Jackal or a Falcon, I got 3 Bats.

I am fast approaching 2 years of playing. I have well over 30 5*, overwhelmingly from TC20. 3 non-S1 5*. Ten are maxed, with two more on fourth tier. I use a lot of 4* heroes when raiding and in AW. I can stay in diamond if I work at it. I go at a slow enough pace that the AM just keeps up with me for leveling heroes.

3 Likes

Not really, no. The probabilities of pulling 5* heroes are not a secret. (They used to be, in the early days of the game - back then, I could understand some frustration.) It’s very unlikely you’re going to pull a particular 5* hero unless you get lucky or spend a lot of cash. I don’t understand why that would entice players to spend, nor why they would then get frustrated when they fail to get the heroes they want.

Apparently, though, many players do spend quite a lot on the game (thank heavens - they fund it) and are then surprised and annoyed when they don’t get the outcomes they want.

For what it’s worth, people have been saying this since I arrived here in 2017. Eventually they will be right, unless the universe ends first.

4 Likes

The least you can do is be grateful and sympathetic to them.

1 Like

@brobb’s tone is often subtle, but she has expressed gratitude to p2w players on numerous occasions :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Like others here (such as myself), @Brobb does not have a lot of sympathy for players with unreal expectations, or an unwillingness to consider evidence. The way the game is designed you do NOT automatically deserve to be rewarded for spending, and nothing in the game anywhere indicates that you should. The odds do NOT change for you just because you spend. All that spending does is somewhat shorten the time required to expand your roster. And only significantly if you are willing to spend a LOT – on more than just summons. Because lots of 5* don’t help without the AM to go with them.

8 Likes

Just to add to the dogpile, Vegas isn’t required to give you a jackpot just because you plunked down $1000. They will give you like 50 Banes though I mean a free drink.

6 Likes

I think you may have a point to whoever makes the decisions not caring too much for player retention as long as there is a new stream of players coming in, which is really too bad. The only suggestion I’d make is not to do these huge gem purges. A few pulls here and there keep expectations tempered and make a good pull feel that much better and a bad pull feels less bad.

2 Likes

Well always sad to see someone get jaded due to games lack of interest especially if you’ve been playing over a year…guess I’m still on a trip as I’m almost 6 months in and am getting now 5*s in pulls… although ascension mats are dropping a lot less then when I started out, all the best … hopefully you’ll have a change of heart and come back for the comradery I find in this game and now in the forum’s!

2 Likes

I’ve noticed that @Brobb is very analytical towards many aspects of the game (and that’s good). Yes, it often clashes with beliefs about the game that are rooted in emotions, but only if you let it and are unwilling to view the game from an analytical standpoint the way Brobb does.

4 Likes

Yes, too often I have tried reasoning with complainers who have a “gut feeling” about the game but:

Facts? We don’t need no stinking facts!

3 Likes

I, for one, hope they never raise the odds of receiving a 5* -event, HOTM, AR, or otherwise. Doing so would completely wreck the game by destroying the delicate mat/hero balance. The very fact of their rarity is directly tied to their high value in the game.

As others have said, we should all give a ‘tip of the hat’ to those high-rollers who help fund the game and while I can empathize with feelings of disappointment at rotten pulls, there is a sharp limit on how bad I’ll feel for someone who throws away hundreds or thousands of dough trying to pull heroes from a phone game, and then getting angry and accusing the ‘devs’ of cheating you somehow. That’s a bridge too far for this homey.

Cheers, and have a swell day :wink:

6 Likes

Hi. We can do an AMA if you like, I am in the ‘sorta like @Brobb’ camp

I haven’t pulled a non classic 5* in 14.5 months but have 12 ascended 5*. Have spent google play survey money of $2 (I think)

5 Likes

I suspect there are a few more than he realizes here:

6 Likes

Gimme a break. Like the people who give us a cute game with criminally awful odds need fluffers. You people should be ashamed of yourselves. You won’t. You will be smug and it will benefit you not at all. This is why ( as a semi-whale) I won’t pull for most events any more. Never costumes. Never! Hardly any Atlantis any more. Who needs heroes that they can never level? I got my 30 five * heroes; I draw for troops. But, you know, keep being apologists for SG and Zynga. Bet that special gift for your efforts will be in your mailbox the day after never. Enjoy.

3 Likes