Thoughts on Elkanen

Thanks for the feedback, guys. Actually Elkanen was buffed in 1.7: Special attack +15% (1.7 Release Notes).

1 Like

We know, it just didn’t help him much at all :frowning: His healing is still completely negligible, his damage is nothing to write home about, he doesn’t fulfill any niche and everything he does is done better by other heroes :frowning:

I hope you will consider looking at him again. This self-health leech skill is just… weak. It’s weak on 3* who have it, it’s weak on Elkanen. And it’s not working as a “cherry on top” of something good, but is a significant part of a mediocre skill (no damage, no buff, no debuff, really underwhelming for a 5* compared to how useful and valued 4* heroes like Grimm/Tiburtus/Gormek or Boldtusk are, not to mention 5* guys like Athena (defense reduction), Hel (duh), or the actual heavy damagers in Lianna, Sartana, Marjana).

5 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: How can I strengthen my soldiers?

Woo Hoo!

2 Likes

He is still underwhelming a huge weak link in my line-up, it shines like stars its so apparent. That’s just my experience.

Dude. A fully ascended Elkanen has 100 more defense and a 30 point higher attack with 100 more in HP. Plus he attacks the target and nearby enemy. Caedmon only attacks one enemy. There’s not much of a comp. Elk is better

Elk has been buffed since last post in this thread :).

I’m in camp Elkanen and have him maxed+2 but still find him underwhelming. I’m about to finish Lianna, and Elkanen will get the boot both from def lineup and green 3-2; I’ll rather keep Caedmon+10 for dispel and Hansel+3 for mana control, than sturdy Elk not doing much else than surviving.

Furthermore, he is cleric… there are a lot of much needed healer who will need cleric emblem…

I’ve had a max Elk post buff for a while now, no emblems because those are better spent on Rigard and Vivica, but… yeah, I’ve been pretty underwhelmed by him too. He hits… okay I guess. He’s not the worst on attack. But he only does respectable damage if I give him my lv15 green mana troop, which is kind of wasting my +18 Caedmon’s potential.

He’s pretty good at not-dying at least.

I threw him into tank position on my pseudo-cup dropping raid defense team which usually keeps me in the 2200-2500 range, depending on who I’m paired up with and how aggressively I’ve been raiding recently. I’ve had some funny mornings when I wake up to see somebody rage-raided me three times and failed each time, so that’s nice to see.

Decent tank, um… “I guess there are worse options” sniper, and… idk. He’s a 5*, so his stats aren’t that bad. I guess.

I really wish I could be more cheerleadery about him, but… he’s just kind of there. He does kill heroes sometimes, but sometimes they survive with a sliver of health, which is better than when he was 3/70 but still. I’d still take him over Little John, just because my playstyle prefers heavy tank heroes on offense just because they can survive my bad tile-matching mad skillz, but I’d rather have a Lianna in all honesty.

I’m hoping my pull runs for Kingston next month and Evelyn in November Atlantis pay off, at least with a Lianna, but I’m not going to bet the farm on that happening.

1 Like

Most of the information on this thread is ancient history. All the recent discussion of Elk is here:

1 Like

I’m sure there’s a couple other green heroes better than elk. If I had lianna I’d probably start her over him but my green heroes are elk, caedmon, atomos, kashrek, gobbler, Margaret and muggy +10 not that great of selection lol

No I know, it’s hard to get good greens. And I didn’t mean to dump on Elk; I maxed him and have never regretted it. Used him so much and will still do in some events, and in green mono. He’ll actually still be in the occasional green 3-2 setup, when I don’t need a dispeller for example. Just had him take the last two opponents out in a raid as last man standing… he’s not hopeless :).

1 Like

Elk is fine, but offense (where you’re most likely to use him and see his usage) isn’t his strong suit. He does work on defense which is unfortunately invisible to you as the owner.

And tbf it’s hard to get good greens because there aren’t many good greens, at least not in vanilla heroes. Green and yellow suffer from having accessible defense down heroes, and while yellow kinda makes up for it with its color specific mana cut and gambling offensive strategy (Wu Kong), Green’s claim to fame is… dispel? Useful no doubt, but it’s not as powerful as defense down. Purple too suffers among the classic 4* heroes with only Tiburtus offering any offensive oomph at all.

The best green heroes are rarer event and HOTM drops: Hansel, Peters, Alberich, Evelyn, etc. They exist, but it’s really luck of the draw, and green is one I’ve blanked on.

So I use my Elkanen for lack of better offensive options, and he does alright with good support and letting the other colors pick up the slack… Grimm or Wilbur to open the door and Boldtusk or Kiril to dress him up nice. But he doesn’t perform that well by himself or a green stack without supporting heroes, because he’s a defensive powerhouse, and he does his best where the owner/player doesn’t really see him.

1 Like

No worries lol my main green hero is Atomos now that’s one that gets dumped on but I had him when I first started and he’s actually not as bad as everyone thinks especially when you pair him with a good healer for when he gets revived and someone who increases mana cause of slow mana speed then your pretty much set. He’s saved my ■■■ so many times in battle. Who’s your favorite Green hero on your roster?

1 Like

Atomos can be a pain on def when you forget about the revive :>. Can imagine he can come in handy on offense.

My favorite green must be Hansel, he’s so much fun to use! I have him +3 and he survives enough slashes to at least fire once most of the time. Just love throwing him at that GM or Drake flank ready to burst… mwaha.

1 Like

Sounds like you have a little too much fun with Hansel lol I wish I had Gregorion, alberich or Morgan me fay. I’ll be bwaha’n too if I had one of them

1 Like

a mono team is actualy a very stupid ideea. a holly team will be defenseless against atlanntis shark, a green one sucks against Anzog, a red one against Grimm or Isarnia, a blue one against elves twins.
do not forget one thing: system display more combos of missing elements! it’s a fact. of course, not official, but i’ve seen it all the time…without exceptions. every single time!
so, mono team is a stupid ideea, with ONE exception: if and only if you have a reflect skill boss. only then you can skip that element and pray for chance of combos for other elements.

i forgot to say this: if you are a moneyplayer, you will, indeed have increesed chance on mono element team. sadly, is also a fact. for me and other who don’t spend money on games (experience is needed) chances are smaller, but this is it. with every update events are more and more difficult, chances in battle against moneyplayers are smaller and smaller. soon, it will hapend what hapend with Grepolis: exp players will leave and that will be the end of it.

But you stack against the tank when using mono… And ofc taking their specials into consideration, like don’t go yellow mono on Ursena tank unless you feel real lucky.

The other stuff - there is no evidence for that, and it’s very easy to get biased. Mono can fail horribly yes, but long term your outcome will be better, allowing for variance. It’s a gamble, like close to everything in this game is a gamble.

1 Like