Thoughts on changing the Atlantis Rises schedule and shortening the duration [Schedule has been UPDATED]

Thank you SGG. Atlantis should be only 2 days, I’m spending too much with that temptation lasting for four long days.
I’m very happy with the heroes that I got this month. I really wanted to have 5* healers in red and green. Now, I’m done. I’m keeping some tokens for the next HotM. Maybe, next year, I can get some more heroes, if I ascend one or two until there.
I really appreciate your concern about players wallet. Mine is just closed!

1 Like

I’m In the same camp as everyone else. Reducing the time to play Atlantis Rising (AR) is a really poor move.

The first issue or excuse I read was something about preventing an over lap of a challenge event and AR If you are a Dev reading this, hear me out. There was an incident where that actually happened. I thought; “this is awesome. There is so much to do this weekend, So cool!” Players in the Alliance I was in said pretty much about the same thing. That’s a happy accident that everyone agreed was a cool thing to happen. An overlap of special events in the game is not only a non issue but is quite welcome.

The next thing I’m reading is that this move is “loot nerfing”. I’m not sure if this is the right phrase, cos what’s being nerfed is a very loved event. But if it is the goal of SG to reduce a players access to quick, and easy loot, well this move will not achieve any thing. First off, you’re not getting top tier ascention materials needed to ascend your heroes. You still have to wait to see an elemental based challenge which has been hovering around once a month. Getting large amounts of 4 star materials is not speeding up progression in any way because you still have to spend the meat or metal to make the weapon you hope to use in battle.

The other thing that SG developers are COMPLETELY missing is that different players choose different experiences. For example I’ll go through periods where I just play on my own. I am not in an alliance. Basically I just don’t feel like hunting titans. So I do other things. There are challenge events I can’t wait to play and at least one I avoid like the plague. AR is an event that I am totally excited to play, event when there was a time when I had not beaten the final final boss of the season. I’ll tell you, having a complete 4 days to finally beat that octo boss was a huge help. And this is something that can be a huge help to newer players.

Bottom line Devs, y’all may think that you’ve been giving away too much free stuff, or this game needs slowing down or…you think you’re losing money. All of these cases/worries are completely false. It’s a super pain in the butt to get a 5 star hero. After 3 years of playing, I still have not landed a 5 star yellow. Got every other color in 5 stars. It would be an understatement to say that I am looking forward tot he Hero Academy, as long as it is still a place to trade in your 5 star hero for a randomly selected 5 star hero.

Point being, E&P is still a really tough game. There is no nerfing needed. Please bring back the 4 day program for Atlantis Rising.

9 Likes

I don’t have that many words to express my discontent, but one thing I know is that I can clearly express is that I am really disappointing with your new decision to cut Atlantis Rising short a whole day. Its a huge 25% of the AR fun that you are taking away from us. Not a decision I appreciate. Please revise your decision and let us players enjoy the Atlantis 4th day every month as it has always been. Please!. Really!

3 Likes

As disappointing as this is, there is a silver lining here.

That’s one less day I feel compelled to purchase a slew of gems for WE to farm.

So, I guess thanks for saving me money.

2 Likes

Everyone just start saying things along these lines and maybe we’ll get back the 4th day. Say them on the forum, and with your bank account. :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is a really good point here. I completely forgot this. If you’re a SG Dev, wouldn’t you want people to buy more gem packs? Hello?

My analysis of the issue just went from; “well this really sucks for a lot of players and you’re not saving the company any money” to; “this is really freak’n STUPID for a BUSINESS who’s in it to MAKE MONEY.”

I know that when Atlantis Rises happens I do just blow a couple bucks here and a few bucks there and the next thing I know SG just made $10 bucks off of me. AGAIN!

And if you had an event overlap, you’re going to get another $5.

4 days AR is 4 days for someone to be tempted to blow $10 on gems. I like many others end up caving in on the 4th day. Hell look up your sales reports, you developers will know what I am talking about.

Anyhow, go a head with this 3 day version of AR and compare the sales from that weekend with the sales from the previous 4 day AR. I’m going to bet that you’ll see a drop in the numbers. That’s my guess.

That’s it, now I’m done with this topic.

3 Likes

What community? greedy SG boss community? This is a good joke, shame on you SG!

1 Like

The loot in this game is absolutely horrible and now your going to shorten Atlantis by a day. That was the only good loot there was. Just when you think you guys couldn’t get worse. Wish whoever was on this decision the worst of luck as that’s what you keep doing to the players of this game.

3 Likes

@zephyr1 maybe merge here? Thoughts on changing the Atlantis Rises schedule and shortening the duration [Schedule has been UPDATED] - #149 by Ortega

2 Likes

The ascension drops are horrible. For weeks now I’ve received nothing but junk loot that doesn’t assist my teams at all. My Alliance is killing Titans and winning Wars and the rewards are vests and feathers…Oh, and useless Titan body parts.
I really wonder if they get that if you don’t reward your players/customers they tend to find other games that aren’t so frustrating.

Just bored to complaint already!

Titan loot long dry for full two weeks since begin of September, and last two elemental chest contain of 3 farmables.

You people don’t understand the game is designed to be like this. Everything is random. One gets better, other not. But the wheel turns eventually. If you don’t understand the game is built to be so, then I don’t understand what you are doing here. Everything is random, and the game is based on RNG in every single aspect. If you didn’t get an AM in your elemental chest, doesn’t mean is something wrong. For example, I got. Today. Maybe next time for you. If you will be here any longer. Bye.

My loot has been very good lately.

Merged, thanks! :heart_decoration:

1 Like

Moderator’s Note

A reminder that Forum Rules prohibit name calling, personal attacks, and insults.

You can criticize the game and Small Giant as much as you want (with appropriate language), but must be civil to fellow players.

5 Likes

Best explanation so far.
Rng, really E&P style.

We are lucky they not landed a bonus nerf.

2 Likes

I would genuinely be interested in these sales reports after this month’s Atlantis. I personally expect that the vast majority of players will simply compress their spendings into the 3 day time frame. I don’t think it’s the “4th day” that made player cave in and spend but rather the timer approaching 0.

On a side note: I too think taking away a day of AR sucks, BUT we do need to remember that the whole increased loot and decreased WE cost thing was - as far as I remember - a feature that is 99% the making of SG which nobody within the player base expected nor demanded. They probably could have just made the Atlantis portal pop up once a month after all stages had been unlocked and nobody would have thought twice about it. So let’s focus on the glass still being half (well actually, three quarters) full here, guys.

1 Like

Hey maybe we could ask on this upcoming AMA why they shortened it (for real, not some vague BS like they already gave us)…oh wait, we aren’t allowed to ask game design questions on the Ask Me Anything (well not really anything)…things get more laughable here all the time…:rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Poor the new players who haven’t finished S2 :sob:

2 Likes

I think AR shouldn’t be shortened. If anything, it should be extended to a week.

Regular farming loot is horrible. I hv trouble crafting regular items. This is a mobile game, it shouldnt be so difficult or time consuming.

The reason given for shortening AR doesn’t hold water. So what if it coincides with another event, people will buy more WE to complete both. Doesn’t that equate to more money spent.

The true reason is probably devs want us to spend money to buy items from the shop.

1 Like