Thoughts on changing the Atlantis Rises schedule and shortening the duration [Schedule has been UPDATED]

The reduced time for Atlantis rises is due to “extended duration” of challenge events? :confused:

But the way they’re scheduled, they should never overlap. Challenge Events are 2nd week of every month, Atlantis Rises is every 4th week… :confounded:

Whatever those other “upcoming new features” are, hope they’re good. Atlantis Rises is one of my favorite events, the reduced time to get good loot will hurt.

11 Likes

Utter load of bull. Keep the 4 days and don’t mess with your player base

17 Likes

Its looking like the costumes will be presented as some kind of event … And yes AR makes the lab even more dismally unattractive than it would be without it.

Dear SG, there are plenty of things that could be more balanced in the game. Nerfing something that recieves universally positive feed back IS NOT ONE OF THEM.

If this is a move to make things that have received a LOT of negative feed back seem more positive in comparison… Shame on you!

26 Likes

Yes, it is a loot nerf and nothing else. But try to put in their shoes.
They can’t say out loud “Hey guys, for our business we give you too much free stuff, so we have to cut it! Be well!”
So they just throw at us whatever reason.

It’s a shame, but that’s how it is.
Slowly but surely every aspect of this game is turning into a money maker, but that’s partly our fault.

Our general spending behaviour push them for this things.
They just take advantage of it, like any other company.

If people overall spend more gems for refills during atlantis, then they reached their target.
If people out of frustration spend less, then it’s a failure.

What will you do?

9 Likes

I hope so.

If the idea you’ve linked is the ‘new content’ I think all this negative reaction would evaporate.

I guess it’s likely to be costumes or something though.

6 Likes

So disappointing… Just when they came up with something really useful to farm for resources, they regret it…
It was so much fun to be able to farm quickly for backpacks especially…
The constant lack of Am is already frustrating, why not cheer your customers up every now and then? Why do they want us to be frustrated. Well to spend more money of course, but still, that’s just sad…

4 Likes

Costumes is at V24 and they probably will release it at Oct before halloween event (at least that what i would do)
2 months later Christmas event
Do they plan to release more “new featureS” cuz i could think of only 1 feature

1 Like

Horrible move… It really makes you wonder why you are here…

• They are making the event where people spend longer, so people are spending more
  • and they are making the period where people could get ■■■■ from free (and not expensive stuff, mind you! But nice materials to craft items) shorter so people have to spend more if they want to get the same stuff they are getting now…

Thinking about your income is alright, SG, but pissing your player base can eventually mean you are losing your source of income…

8 Likes

the new feature they are talking about is the costumes, including in that is a key quest that allows people to obtain keys to do free costume summons

as a side note this reduce duration sucks. If they want to reduce it, how about a bonus to make up for it, like instead of -3 on energy cost, make it -4

7 Likes

By lowering the AR days I would put more loot tickets & world energy offers if I were in SGG’s shoes.

Well, I guess that my AC drops due to AR will lower from around 40 to 30/month.

3 Likes

LOL kind of a silly question with an obvious answer… what are my “thoughts” on them reducing the duration of Atlantis? Ummm same as everyone else. I don’t like it.

Would be like if your boss called you in to the office for a one-on-one meeting and asked you, “what are your thoughts on continuing to do the same amount of work, but for a lower salary?” :laughing:

Who in their right mind is going to say, “sounds great!”?

6 Likes

Atlantis Rises is one of the few universally popular ideas they’ve implemented. It’s a shame they are shortening its duration. They must be aware of the negative feedback on this subject; and since it is happening, they feel it is worth the hit to introduce this ‘new content’ at AR’s expense.

For now, we cannot say that it is a bad thing since they have not revealed this ‘new content’. However, this sets the bar fairly high because there are few things better in this game than AR.

12 Likes

Fair point, but why does introducing one new thing have to mean taking away something else? Is this new content so fantastic that they have to take away from Atlantis for “game balance” purposes? If so, it had better be friggin amazing. :laughing:

7 Likes

Season 2 is dead in the dirt. Maybe in 3 years they’ll trot out season 3.

Dialog is hard.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more :joy:

Reasoning that makes no sense what-so-ever. Yet they can increase the number of days for raid tourneys and even make it with 2*, but that is not an issue?

Atlantis Rising took planning on my part and like people who have “real lives” it was nice to have the 4 days. By shortening it, you take away my ability to finish hard levels at a reduced cost (which I was carefully planning for), farming for resources (that are needed for challenge events), and just disappointed me. SG should care about their gamer base.

Costumes? That is a joke. Some of them are so ridiculous. They should just keep it simple and add a “badge” to the heroes armor or something. And how does that have anything to do with Atlantis?

The “vague and cryptic” explanation by SG just does not hold water in this argument as I watch their other additions roll out.

They made challenge events longer but did not move the start to not conflict with the Trials (that starts an hour before the challenge event: 7:00 GMT). I had to adjust to make sure that I had adequate flags. Why would they not consider changing start/stop times for challenge events in relation to the Trials? And now they say that Atlantis impacts the challenge events? They are NOT even at the same time of the month. Please explain that one to me?

With AR I felt that SG actually was interested in us (the consumer/gamer) being happy. Happy customers/gamers show they are happy by spending more not less. I think SG just shot themself in their collective feet by nerfing Atlantis Rises by 25%.

EDIT/ADDITION:

Maybe, they feel by shortening the event it will spur spending on “flask and loot ticket” deals as folks panic and try to figure out how they are going to get their monthly cache of backpacks/adventure kits and other various loot. This will help SG with their lost revenue.

So, if they are stuck on this 3 vs 4 day AR, here are my suggestions:

1/ The least they can do is make the WE cost no more than 7 WE for ALL hard stages.

2/ Make these “quests” for special S2 enemies worth my while. I don’t want Avators, give me something I can use: gems

3/ Make the recruit drop DOUBLE what it is normally. I’d like 64-66 recruits to use from one run through S2 15:8H

4/ Shorten the Raid Tournament instead. I’d MUCH rather keep AR at 4 days

14 Likes

Does anyone know if the end time will be the same as it is now? Up until last month, AR was three and a half days long, not really four days. So if we’re losing a whole day, we’re losing almost 29% playable time. It would be nice if we could at least get those two and a half days during more commonly playable hours. I think AR starts at 2am local time for me.

A good way to quantify the minimum of what we’re losing is 144 WE - that’s over four flasks of WE for me - to spend on AR at reduced costs and increased rewards. It’s about 50 runs on 3 WE stages. That’s a significant haul of stuff for keeping TCs running, and also generating extra mats for the poorly anticipated Alchemy Lab. We’re also losing 24 hours of time to grind things out. So I’d have to buy 4 WE refills and 40+ loot tickets to retain the experience I used to have during AR.

In exchange, we’ve received some new 1 WE and 2 WE stages to farm in the challenge events for an extra two days. The main reward that I’ve observed from those is XP, which is very incrementally useful. It looks like the 1/2 WE rare stages give 3 recruits, a total of three mats (either type), and a chance at a hero. That doesn’t compare at all to what farming the right stages, really any stage during AR will give. I’ll be curious to find out if @BarryWuzHere ends up with any farming data for these levels, to see how they compare in terms of more useful resources. My guess is that they will be more on the level of S1:8-7 than any normal stage of S2 during AR.

5 Likes

This is an honest question: could someone explain what the relation is between reduced Atlantis rising and “upcoming new features”? I just don’t understand why new features mean AR has to be shortened? What are the new features and what about them that AR has to be cut down to 3 days? Why can’t we have both new features and 4-day AR? Will have them at the same time crash the game due to some technical issue? Again, this is not a vent. I am honestly curious.

2 Likes

I assumed they were trying to avoid a crash. Without knowing what is being added, I can’t intelligently answer your question though.

sits in the dark :wink:

P.S. I know costume key quests are being tested. I want my free keys! :grin:

5 Likes

Yeah I was wondering about this too… um… does it like, cost SG money for every hour they keep up Atlantis? Aside from the “lost revenue” of people getting free stuff that they would rather we pay for… is it like when I put up Christmas lights and my electric bill goes up for the month? :thinking: Here I assumed that it was just like a coding thing, an “on/off” switch that they can pull at any time. But hey - I don’t know, I’m not a game developer.

… and if it does somehow “cost” them extra to “keep the lights on an extra day”, why would they keep raid tournaments up for an extra day when those happen every week versus Atlantis which only happens once a month?

Golly gee, if I didn’t know any better, I might think that this decision was a blatant money grab attempt :crazy_face:

5 Likes