Thoughts on changing the Atlantis Rises schedule and shortening the duration [Schedule has been UPDATED]

I don’t really get the rest of your rant, sorry. All I know is that you sound quite bitter about a game you have been playing for more than two years imho.

2 Likes

Any idea if the next rare quest (Shiloh) will come out before or after Atlantis this month? That’s a huge sink of World Energy, and with Atlantis sitting between two Trials, that’s five straight days of special content (which is great!) Just wondering since Farholme just came out, which would put Shiloh right in the middle of that stretch.

2 Likes

Lol i don’t bother with Atlantis or the tournaments.

I don’t do the tournaments either, but Atlantis Rising is a good source for loot.

1 Like

I expected this Farholme for next weekend… So I guess they decided to bring it forward and then have Shiloh before Atlantis Rising… probably Tuesday next week…

Of course SG are reducing one of the best parts of the game. If they continue in this way they will lose all of their most active players as they are taking the fun out of it. Most of the players love a challenge but would like to win occasionally

[quote=“Expired, post:1, topic:130601, full:true”]
so it was just released that Atlantis will start on Fridays instead of Thursdays like used to be and will last only 3 days

honestly i think its bad idea to shorten something and reducing it time as well
at least if they want to change the time why not make it start on Thursday and end on Saturday because Sunday there is Trails and we could manage our world energy better

UPDATE:

Blockquote

A good solution for this overlap problem (if that really is a problem) would be to run Atlantis Rises for two days twice a month. That gets you back to 4 days total with presumably no overlaps. It would have the added advantage of cycling through featured HOTMs and Atlantis heroes faster. That’s not a huge deal for the Atlantis heroes because there are only 10 of them, but there are more HOTMs now than you can get through in a year, and the list is only growing.

10 Likes

I actually expected some decent loot from falhome pass. silly me…

Loot is always the same

Gloves+Tome or
Compass+D Blade

So what else can be expected?

4 Likes

Well… This looks a lot to me like… Shoot them with a change of schedule, while they are chewing on that… They will make less noise over shortening of duration.

Frankly, I haven’t seen any pertinent reason nor any good reason for that matter that strongly warrant changes to this AR, The roulette approach described by @Rigs sounds more pertinent and again I kept asking myself…Why are we fixing it when it wasn’t broken?

Meanwhile some broken stuff out there are begging for attention…

1 Like

That’s too funny!
SG Meeting:
“One 5* Hero every 28 pulls is just too often. Many of the players are saying we might be ripping them off. We need to let it be known for certain… WE ARE RIPPING THEM OFF!”

I missed the community meeting on this that decided on what the community wants. Can SG hold another townhall? :blush::crazy_face:

1 Like

It’s because of greed. They don’t give a damn about the players, just their money. As all the heroes in Atlantis are basically already sold over and over again, they need new ways to milk us. So they do new events with new heroes to keep you fixed.
Also: why give players a chance to get materials at a reduced cost. That would be beneficial to them. SG doesn’t want that.
SG’s motto: Dear players, you suck and we hate you. Don’t forget to buy diamonds.

So, it is settled, hum? It will begin next Thursday morning and finish Saturday night? How evil… They planned this very carefully. Not only the amount of sold flasks will increase. Demand for loot tickets too. They are very smart, I give them that. Evil smart…

We can complain about this as much as we want to but inevitably we cannot change the decisions made. No matter how many complaints, any changes that have been put in place will be implemented no matter the implications to the gamers.

I completed both seasons in Atlantis, i don’t know what more there is for me to do apart from using the new “opening” as a means to get recruits and material.

If they were releasing a new season and we giving away a better chance for getting actual decent 4* or 5* heroes and completely put a stop to pulling the same heroes over and over, maybe i would be excited about Atlantis.

The novelty has worn off for me.

1 Like

Bottom line is that C2P & F2P players are not welcome. It’s bad news after bad news, nerf on top of nerfs, RNG on top of RNG. Every so-called F2P friendly feature that gets added is actually a smokescreen.

From a P2P perspective many of us in our top alliances stopped spending entirely. You can only be hit in the stomach so many times before you go down. There is no hope, without hope there is nothing to look forward to.

2 Likes

I don’t know but I’m guessing they removed one day from AR because season 3 is on its way and I imagine it’ll be similar like season 2. 3 days to collect items for less WE every month with season 3 heroes available in the portal at the same time. So I guess 8 days in total of collecting loot for less WE on two maps within a month would make collecting items perhaps too easy in the long run. Hence no clear explanation to why they removed one day from AR, they won’t talk about season 3 yet. A sneak peak is all we have gotten so far.

1 Like

This might sound weird, but I get why they chopped off a day. It sucks, yeah, but from their perspective I get it. Look, I work the board less than HALF of what I used to before AR. I’ll go two days sometimes without filling a monster chest because farming the board no longer brings me anything I need. I’d say I’m looking for Elemental Chests, but that loot got nerfed into uselessness ages ago. I just spend a few days, 10 or 15 WE flasks, and 200 loot tickets in AR and I’m done for the month. I’ve got 3 TC20 at 50+ days and a TC11 at 120 days. And I am absolutely certain that I’m neither in a rare situation or even close to the BEST situation. AR is threatening a major part of their game. I get it.

1 Like

How do you guys feel about that? AR is my prime time to obtain recruits. One can argue that limiting it from 4 to 3 days is going to limit feeding and therefore time-to-max-level by 25%. Challenge events sound great and all but this impacts the growth of my teams…

@Petri BUT it was only 3.5 days so will it be 2.5 now is what I wanna know.