Thoughs on synergies with Ametrine?

I removed LJ emblems as I don’t use him at all and don’t have any interesting 5* barbarian.
For Ametrine I finally chose a path that put her defense first up to 20. Even then, she needs some healer/Booster to protect her (I use Ares). Within these conditions, in diamond raids she is very versatile. I find her dispell while attacking very practical, and unlike LJ or Scarlet in same conditions, Ametrine tends to survive till the end.
If I had Maloshi I don’t know what I would do. As always, It depends on what other purple and yellows heroes you have.
In my case, I have Neith, Joon and Musashi. So to me Maloshi isn’t as interesting as Ametrine (she mesh well with my other purples). But still I would play with Maloshi first to see if he fits better that Ametrine or not.

3 Likes

Pulled Ametrine right now with 100 tower coins, I was not very interested in ninja 4*, I would prefer 5* :rofl::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. But thank you, this thread has been useful.

My purple mono was C.Rigard-Clarissa-Alfrike-C.Tiburtus-Proteus but a dispeller-sniper will be useful.

1 Like

I use Ametrine on my raid team, alongside Rigard-C, Tiburtus-C, Clarissa, and Ursena. Once Ametrine gets on a 2x charge she goes ham. at 3x, for me, it usually ends in a win. her stats now, can deal in the 700s. I tend to use her against BK tanks. She dispels only him, but then leave the others for clean up. Get rid of taunt asap, then the rest will fall. Odin typically is the first one out for me

3 Likes

I don’t say that heroes need a buff very often… but I think Shale needs a buff. Not just to compare to the other ninjas, but to compare with other heroes in the game.

At 6 (!) tiles slower he does less than C Rigard… that is a ridiculous amount of disparity and unless a roster is very shallow I don’t a use case for too many players getting him off their bench

1 Like

I’ve had ok experiences playing Shale, but I hear you. I think the main plus is another ninja. So you trigger the family bonus.

If I had 4 other ninjas I still don’t think I would include Shale to increase the family bonus.

But luckily I don’t have to make the decision - I only have Saphhire and she won’t be levelled for quite some time. And Shale can fetch water for the other heroes who get playtime

1 Like

OK, if even the Patron of Lost Causes can’t find a use for him he must be pretty poor indeed.

I pulled Ametrine at the first Ninja event and Shale at the second one (along with a second Ametrine). I haven’t decided whether to level my second Ametrine yet and will probably wait on that while I have room on my bench to keep her hanging around.

I like running Ametrine and Shale together for the family bonus. Those dodges have saved me more than once.

I find both of them more useful for challenge events where you can charge them up wtih the mob levels and then have them fully charged for the bosses, though Ametrine tends to find herself benched in favour of Proteus at the higher levels. I find both of them far too squishy for raids and they are often taken out long before they are fully charged for the maximum hit. Even with Ametrine at 11 nodes and with a decent health pool (for a four star) I find it difficult to keep her alive long enough to fire. I am constantly bouncing between high platinum and low diamond in the arena.

I haven’t got Sapphire yet (or any of the 5* ninjas) but would like to get Sapphire for the chance to run all three together for the increased family bonus.

Well, since the new formations from the heroe academy are working on, staying in Diamond is becoming harder. Not so much because of the formations per se, but because gamers are more active now at attacking than before.
With so much activity and new rules to play, I find that no 4* heroe can survive in the Diamond arena (except for glorious costumed Rigard). So currently I am not using any more Ametrine or any other 4* in raids.
I think there should be a new arena above Diamond.

Consider a 4* version of Kageburado in that they dispel first before delivering the damaging blow, minus the investment of tabards, the <50% HP damage penalty and that Ametrine can hit all. Mine is already at +19 and I need 21 more barb emblems to fully emblem her. I also have Sapphire+20 and I sometimes interchange him to my Vela+12 in my mono blue team.

Shale mat not be at par with his epic ninja counterparts, but I still want him for me to have the trio in epic raid tourney defense for the family bonus.

On defense you’re probably right, but I’m generally using 3 four stars when attacking in diamond (Melendor+18+costume bonus - Proteus+20 - cRigard+18) and I win more often than not. A caveat, I’ll reroll most triple ninja teams.

I am working real hard on Ametrine because she will fit perfectly in my purple mono with:

C.Rigard - Clarissa - Alfrike - C. Tiburtus

I have a lot of emblems for barbarians also if I have maxed Jott and Grimm. I think I will fully emblem her: damage>shield>health.

I will give you my opinion when I will be able to test her. Hugs :hugs:

1 Like

With the new raid formations and Sif being put in the center (or other reflection hero) I’m finding a team of Heimdall, Mist, Ametrine, cMelendor, Krampus more effective than my 5* emblemed heroes. It gives me 3 ways to block/remove the buffs heal and defend. I was having issues with Sif until I was willing to take 4* instead of 5* heroes in raids.

Ametrine is great to not only remove the taunt of BK and Krampus but she can also remove the damage up if you charge her to 2x or 3x (she rarely lives to 3x and barely to 2x on some raids though).

3 Likes

I have promised it and I did it :wink:, so…

I have used my Ametrine +20 in stages and raids and I have to say: cool.

I like her in my roster and in general too, very balanced, very well designed hero. The coolness is to adapt her use and so her mana to the situation. Do you need to dispell very fast someone to have a kill without counterattack? She does the job and she leaves the target crippled to be finished by someone else (not in my mono unfortunately :grin:). Do you have time to charge her fully? She hurts!

I use her in the following purple mono (with Proteus or C. Tiburtus).

4 Likes

Trust me, that 5% increase in dodge chance is absolutely not worth having basically a tile dump in your defense. I have literally never encountered Shale once in any of my raids or tourney matches. Ametrine and Sapphire I’ve seen a couple times, but not one single Shale in sight, and I really don’t think that’s a coincidence.

Back on-topic: cRigs+cTibs+Panther turns Ametrine into a killing machine.

3 Likes

Well, I will have then to use them all epic ninjas for a rainbow attack, or in a 2-2-1 or 3-1-1 attack setup.

Actually, it’s just a reverse psychology anticipating Shale just to get either Garnet, Cobalt and/or Onyx.

Now that some time has gone by, does anyone have further thoughts? I need to pick between ascending Ametrine or c. Tiburtus. Only have the mats for one right now.

You want the debuff Ametrine provides. and She hits harder than Tibs

1 Like

Ametrine is one 4* I take to raids. I use her against taunt (BK and Krampus) as well as reflect heroes. With taunt, charging her with 5 tiles is great. It is harder to get her charged to take away 3-reflect, but still doable, but occasionally I’ll just remove the reflect from the center hero (like Sif) so I can send tiles without damage and specials of course.

cTibs is great for titans, but that is all I use him for these days.

Do you have a lv 11 mana troop? If no then I’d still lean towards cTibs as otherwise you’d need 10 tiles to get Ametrine to x2 charge.