Thor versus Drake Fong

@JekylandHyde

And :point_up_2: is the trend!

It is refreshing to see a par hero.
Rather than a better one.

I’m anxious to see him on offense @Wholf please do share how Thor preforms. Perhaps in that role, Thor will score some birdies

Maybe even an eagle or two?

4 Likes

The flaw with your argument is that you box or limit the argument to Drake’s charged mana bar at 8 tiles whereas Thor’s “equivalent” effect can only be done after twice charging and using his skills after matching a total of 14 favorable tiles (6.5 or 7 tiles for the first skill usage and another 7 tiles for the second mana charge). But very fast mana regenerating heroes shave of a tile requirement by supporting them with a level 11 mana troop, which is far easier to achieve than getting a mana troop to level 29 to shave off a tile for those fast heroes. With a level 11 mana troop, Thor charges his special at 5.5 or 6 tiles for the first skill usage and another 6 tiles for the second skill usage to have almost same effect with Drake. For us players who don’t have a luxury of maxed troops, we can assigned our strongest troops to those average or slow heroes while supporting very fast heroes like Thor by a level 11 mana troop. You also forget that Thor has already done initial damage on his first charged special and will do more on the third mana charged specials. You also forget that he deals more damage than Drake and has better survivability.

At the end, we may have different perception of a hero based on our very own hero roster. While it is undeniable that you have deep roster depth, most of us don’t. But a very fast yellow hero that can deal damage to a single enemy, to the target and nearby, and all enemies would be a welcome addition to most of us.

4 Likes

Maybe about 300, which is pretty negligible.

I understand how troops work but the fact remains that for Thor to hit 3 takes 12 tiles while Drake hitting 3 takes 8. That needed to be pointed out.

2 Likes

Remarkable? I’d like to see that video

Such as? This is a pretty “take my word for it” abstract argument.

786b5c444fba149c7a8677348115880f01adebbe_2_775x337 (4)

i bet costume drake will much more outclass Thor soon!!! probably SG will introduce white hero and 6 spot for the team roster?

8 Likes

This is what I am waiting for haha.

People are also negating ghosted tiles. If you can manage it, the effect is:

Thor:

1. Two matches of three: first attack
  2. One match of 3: 2nd attack
  3. One match of 3: 3rd attack

4 total matches, 3 skill fires

Drake:

1. Three matches of three: first attack
  2. Two matches of 3: 2nd attack
  3. Two matches of 3: 2nd attack

7 total matches, 3 skill fires (only 1 hit when Thor has hit 3 times)

Matching in 8 tiles for a fast hero on offense rarely matters as most matches come in sets of 3

6 Likes

Lol you think after firing Thor once, every following yellow match is cleanly ghosted down an open lane? Not a chance.

2 Likes

LOL. Are you discounting that possibility?

1 Like

That’s a great point. And obviously it wont happen all the time but it does happen enough for it to be a factor

Does anyone know if the 4th and onwards hits are hit 5 or revert? If the former then that’s a huge boon for him in pve and in some slugfest pvps. If not then that is a point against him

Yall should watch Mr spocks video with a fully emblem thor on a much higher h.p team and thor wasn’t very impressive. The proof is in the pudding!

1 Like

I think it cycles back to one. As for ghosting, I have GM, Victor, Margaret, G. Falcon and other VF AND ghosting is extremely common for me. Especially a few turns in, GM is firing way more often than my fast reds

LOL. Seeing a hero defending is not enough to gauge him as a bad or good hero. It depends on context. As mentioned, Thor is a hero for offense. And even still, it is too early to say if he is not really good on defense. Kunchen tanking with him flanking may be a good synergy. Other defense synergy with him in mind may still be discovered.

There are good heroes that excel on one facet or 2 in the game. Gazelle may be bad at defense since the attacker can intentionally charge her by dumping tiles at her causing her to cast her dance only to be sniped to death for her allies to lose mana and get damage. But she is oh so good on offense. Miki? He is unparalleled in most titans. Guinevere? She sure is good on defense. But on offense, she sucks.

And even assuming arguendo that successive yellow tiles not appearing after cascading some while ghosting, the mere fact that you are able to ghost has a high possibility that Thor’s first and maybe second skill usage may have already spent and that ghosting may help him charge the third mana bar special.

1 Like

Respectfully, tiles count for mana charge applies to offense—not defense.
Mana speeds also become somewhat irrelevant in events where mana is generated in other ways on offense. :slight_smile:

1 Like

For my two cents, if I got Thor I’d level him and don’t think I’d regret it in the slightest for offensive raids or war.
That is obviously because of my current roster and what I have available. People may disagree that this view of “how he would fit into my roster matters” but I think that’s the key for the majority of players. Maybe if I had Drake I’d think differently but I don’t so he’d be an invaluable asset.
Also, I don’t know if this matters much either but Thor should be weaker than Odin, purely because one is the All Father and the other is not. So I’m happy with this too.
Drake has been one of, if not the, most desirable holy heroes for as long as I’ve played (coming up to 2 years) so maybe SG have decided to curtail the power creep slightly if people don’t rate Thor as highly?
(Realise my logic doesn’t necessarily flow through there.)
To summarise, I like Thor how he’s set up and would to pull him, but highly doubtful as I haven’t pulled him and have no more summons left this weekend :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is that right EPB? For it to compare Thor would have to be on his 2nd hit right? How many tiles would that be then?

Not that I pulled Thor, yet :crossed_fingers:

How about I settle this debate with this argument about why Thor is REMARKABLY better than Drake Fong:

I have Thor

I don’t have Drake Fong

I like Thor just the way he is :partying_face:

19 Likes

Thor should be VF, Average and Slow.
That will make him better.
May be a good counter to upcoming season heros.
Atleast we need some to counter S4 heros.
Not many.
And hope they will work on it.
:slightly_smiling_face:.
Me not having thor.
My only 2 valhalla heros Alfrike and Norns (sitting in the bench). :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

You have better luck than me. I only have Rat and Fenrir. None fully maxed, even if I have the materials for them.

1 Like