Thor needs a big buff

You act like there could ever be any objective truth to your statement. Frigg gets nerfed as SG creates costumes for the best heroes in the game and you’re going to pretend SG’s actions are a reliable predictor of who is “too strong?” Lol ok…

3 Likes

Let’s see some video of your matches

1 Like

No. To compare Drake to Thor you have to compare Thor’s SECOND charge to Drake. Once we’re comparing apples to apples then we can see that Thor’s special is mildly better at slow speed (12 tiles) than Drakes special is at fast speed (8 tiles).

Thor is a hero with three different specials so it’s misleading to just say he’s “very fast.” His very fast ability is weak, his slow ability is decent, and his ultra slow ability is good.

5 Likes

So you are saying that Drake overall is better than Thor?

Am I saying is better than Odin? No, I’m not talking about Odin. Odin is excellent.

2 Likes

@Mr.Spock what is your grade of thor anyway?

That’s a straw man argument.

2 Likes

I personally don’t like the grading system because it’s an oversimplification and it evaluates the heroes in isolation. But, as we know, our heroes are solely used as part of bigger synergies and never in isolation.

In other words, Thor will be pretty good in some synergies and pretty terrible in others so how can he be given a single grade?

What I can say is I think Thor is an unremarkable hero and it bothers me how SG shortchanged it’s players by releasing such an unremarkable hero. I know how it feels to finally pull a legendary but for it not to be a good one and I don’t think SG should do that to it’s players.

4 Likes

Or how they nerf certain heroes because they provide excellent synergies , only to turn around and release others that are more powerful with synergies of their own.

2 Likes

What’s the point of the game if the next hero isn’t better than the last? I don’t pull for heroes, but if a new hero doesn’t make my roster better, then why even try to pull? Sooner or later it is diminishing returns. Spend $10,$100,$1000 to get 1% better? No thanks lol

2 Likes

what is your suggestion to the developer’s team to buff thor?

If they want to pay me what they get paid to make these decisions then I’ll put the focused thought into making a proposal lol. In the meantime, my free advice to them is that Thor is pretty underwhelming compared to many other recent heroes, including heroes in the same portal.

1 Like

For me it boils down to what @Ultra mentions in the second paragraph here.

For the majority of players Thor would become one of their better heroes. Let’s focus on getting buffs for those that need it eg Thoth, Aeron rather than those that would quite happily be loved but just aren’t an immediate game changer to the meta.

3 Likes

Ok I’ll see what I can do. Never posted a vid before just images. Do they upload here or do I have to do something special for a vid?

You can upload to YouTube as unlisted and then share the link here :+1:t2:

1 Like

IMO, Thor is well balanced. No need to buff him.

1 Like

Think I did this right. Definitely have a new respect for you guys who do this all the time.

9 Likes

I dont like Thor and i dont think hes on the level of the last Valhalla releases. Thor seems to be on the weaker wing with some utility like bringing to the table a blind in the line of Bai Yeong or Drake. However , to do the same as Drake does thor needs 12 tiles vs 9 tiles of Drake.

Does thor need a buff? Maybe . But so do other heroes , so i assume not all the heroes are made to be so powerful, what a pity that an important hero like this made to be not as great one.

2 Likes

Nicely demonstrated in both videos. He got off 5 hits in the second raid. In both you were unlikely to have won without him, the blinds were instrumental

4 Likes

@Wholf

Those are very good vids and show Thor off in offense quite nicely. I especially like the 2nd video against MN. She coulda got you there but Thor’s last hit (4th or maybe 5th) sealed the deal.

Also, doesn’t it seem that Thor is very fast for all 3 scenarios? I think he is.

2 Likes