This perfidy has stood long enough

This is not a petty complaint.

When you google Empires and Puzzles, the first image that pops up is usually Elena, Richard, that stupid dragon, and poor forgotten Layla.

How do you put a 2* feeder on the face of a thing like this when there are so many better options?

Layla should clearly be a 5* with a single target DOT above 600 over 3 turns. Something that warrants a cleanser or forget it. A thing that makes G.M. wet himself in fear. That kind of DOT.

MORE DOTS MORE DOTS.

Full stop.

6 Likes

…can I interest you in position writing for this thread?

6 Likes

Exactly the ridiculous complaint should be appropriate.

1 Like

I’ve dabbled in that a time or two.

In all seriousness, the mechanic the game lacks is the truly deadly rogue poisoning. I’m talking lethal DOTS. Think Kageburado damage over 3 turns to a single target or worse.

2 Likes

Morgan Le Fay probably comes closest from existing heroes, with Lady Locke second, for more damage but a longer duration.

DoT are likely to always be scaled down a bit vs. sniper hits, since they bypass defense and don’t scale at all to hero strength. Of course being dispellable can help balance that a bit.

Based on recent trends in hero design, I could imagine a heavy DoT dealer who dealt a higher amount to a target with more HP, and less when the HP was lower.

I honestly wouldn’t be at all surprised to see that in a hero later this year.

5 Likes

For funsies they should make it so any healers or cleansers catch the DOT

So, the DoT is contagious? After Layla uses her treacherous skills against an unsuspecting John Doe, the next hero to come around and use their special moves with him gets infected as well? Hmm…this sounds suspiciously like real life with revengeful ex-companions.

5 Likes

Why do you insist that only the POWERFUL can be POPULAR?

1 Like

And what about Aife?
WHAT ABOUT AIFE??

3 Likes

They replaced Layla with Buddy on the Xmas event. Does that mean they’re related? Is Layla Buddy’s child? Or the other way around!? Santa’s been naughty!

Actually a plague DOT that is spread as a % chance when a friendly buf is activated sounds like a really fun special. The poor AI would get eaten to death…but still fun.

1000 immediately after 3 turns, if not cleansed before…

Called deadly forecast.
Nice :sunglasses:

3 Likes

If I recall correctly, Natalya has around 750 burn damage over 4 turns with 40% extra damage against green targets, Mana generation debuff of -54%, both debuffs are undispellable, and fast Mana.

I think that’s the hero you’re thinking of. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I actually agree. We have similar thievery with Wonderland, it would be interesting to hold/pass on a special for fear of catching something nasty!

3 Likes