This is why Grimble is so underrated

I won’t grill you on how many times you have used Greg but the thing is crit is more or less factored as rng, same as Wu and ranvir. It’s more leaning towards reliability

It is still an elemental link and elemental links shouldn’t outperform skills. 10% might not sound too much, but this stacks with crit troops anyways so it’s not just that measly 10%. You should be using crit troops on a dark stack with grimble to make use of his elemental link

Simple, weak attack…

Shortly: Grimble is more than useful even being at 3.70

He is a part of my anti minion team: cRigard, Freya, Grimble, Zeline, Noor and putting crit troops usually enough to keep him alive

I think if support hero is able to survive enemy sniper attack (Freya and Zeline helps with that) I don’t have to ascend him further allowing me to spend precious tabards on more impactful hero (not that I have such now)

You can grill me :smile: I got him and immediately leveled him when he first came out. So have used him a lot.

Grimble still only adds 10% crit regardless of troops. Whatever I get from my troops I will still get from whatever other hero I use instead.

Don’t really see the point if it comes from a special or an elemental link. Either Grimble adds to my titan damage more then whoever he replaces or he doesn’t. I’m only comparing him to Greg as I have experience with his 30% crit for my titan damage.

Anyway will be happy to try on my next yellow titan at 3.70, not quite fair, but not going to ascend for titans based on my experience with Greg, unless I can see some good damage with him on the team.

I may still take him all the way some day for other uses. Which is why I’m following this thread.

Nice. This match was a win after 3 moves

I finally gave tabards to Grimble last week after having him at 3.70 for … has it been a year?

Anyway, I finally have a team that works well against minions. His sole purpose, for me, is to dispose of minions and charge everyone else. He’s been quite effective for minion war.

I have other purples that I use for titans, and for other cases where there aren’t minions. He’s a niche hero, but it’s a very useful niche.

2 Likes

Yepp. He also works off-color…as single purple…but don’t know if it fits your playstyle. Like 4 blues & Grimble.

True…but very effective also in Rush war. He needs to kill less minions to charge your heroes.

IsarniaC - Telluria - Kingston - Caedmon - Grimble
Has a 2 : 0 win rate for me. (With the help of mana nodes I get the greens to charge in 6 tiles - very important.)

Now minions are much more common than 1 year ago.

Agreed. Either you don’t really need him on an attack and so he doesn’t help you much or he is the match winner. Not much in between.

Even emblemed mine to +9.

I use him on my purple titan team for his element link 10% crit chance. I think it’s worth it.

2 Likes

This war I tried to go 2 - 1 - 1 - 1 for all 6 teams. Made some mistakes with my team configurations and ended up with a much lower score than I would normally get playing mono. However, some lessons learnt and hopefully the move towards less dependency on tiles will continue to improve week on week.

Part of the strategy for this is I want to have a minon counter on each team. This was the emblemed (9 tile) Grimble team in action

2 Likes

Ok, If we find a place for Noor, why not Grimble?

Nice strategy @Homaclese , I can see that Grimble could be used as a mana generation option.

Despite hating on Grimble for a year (got him in Dec 19), I finally ascended him since I had so many tabards and so few options.

In the current minion meta he works really well. As long as he gets enough tiles (I have 1 purple mana troop, it goes to Rigard).

Gove it to grimble and grimble will charge up rigard?

4 Likes

I feel rather stupid now.

Grimble isn’t even maxed yet, but I’ve still been taking him in against +20 teams. I don’t know that he’ll get emblems, but he does decent at 4/30 or so.

He doesn’t need emblems to be useful. I only put one node for the mana shield chance. His Def and Hp can survive against a lot of damage

The mana troop is more important. And the average speed is ok since you do want the minion summoners to use their special

1 Like

There are different ways of using him. I now run him with C Rig, Tiburkiss, Malicna, Uraeus. I have him at +20 with a level 17 troop. Rig and Tiburkiss have level 5 troops so they all charge at 9 tiles.

When I hit 9 tiles I need at leats 1 layer of minions on the opponents (usually a given, as I run him againts Freya and Bera tanks) but hopefully 2 layers. I fire Tiburkiss (give defense down, but not enough of a hit to kill the minions) then C Rig (heal + power up grimble’s attack) then Grimble. That powers up Malicna and hopefully Uraeus, plus goes osme way to recharging C Rig and Tiburkiss. Malicna fires - if Freya or Bera die then her mana up recharges everyone, otherwise its an extra boost. If I take out 8, 9 or 10 minions then there is a good chance between Grimble and malicna everyone gets powered up again. Either way, 9 tiles almost guarantees a victory

I find the move from 10 tiles to 9 tiles increased my win rate by a lot. Facing off against Freya and Bera tanks he is guaranteed to have minions to eat up - and if he doesn’t have enough, I can be greedy and hold his special while I tile dump into the tank - if I don’t think that will trigger a cascade which will result in the flanks obliterating me

1 Like

Wish I had more than 1 Dark mana troop. Oh well, my HA is finally at 10 and just about finished upgrading my Food Storages to start retraining my Epic Troops.

My current anti-minion lineup is Grimble+1 - Onyx+19 - cRigard - Ametrine+20 - Clarissa+18. The mana troop goes to Clarissa because at 6 tiles, she and the 2 ninjas charge up. Then depending on the Dark tiles remaining on board, I can either take out 1 enemy hero (usually Frigg or Odin) or wait for Grimble to charge up the ninjas further.

Both Onyx and Ametrine at 3-charge is usually Game Over. Bonus in that the ninjas can dodge minion attacks and even counter-attack

With your setup Grimble is almost a safety net and with your 3 VF heroes that makes sense. With my lineup the fastest heroes are 9 tiles so him being the focal point of the attack makes sense. Two different, equally valid strategies based on the heroes and troops available in hand

1 Like

Been trying to figure out how best to put Malicna in this lineup. I have her at 3-70 and have the tabards to ascend her.
She’d either replace cRigard in a no-healer all-attack mode, or replace Ametrine which would slow the attack down somewhat and remove the ninja family bonus

You wouldn’t take out Clarissa?

Hmmm, didn’t consider that. I like Clarissa’s def against special skill up element link. Will experiment a bit

Edit : keep forgetting that Malicna actually hits hard and has other specials besides the element link