This game's entire PVP has become a "Guess the Starting Board" contest and it's NOT OKAY

I will probably get told I am an idiot, but I think it would make the game a little more fun to allow 20 emblem nodes on 4*'s but only 10 on a 5*. It would cut down the power creep a little and also allow catching up a little bit easier.

5 Likes

@TGW Why are you deleting this? What you wrote is true…

Well said. And when you don’t pay the 75 :gem: fee after 2 days of battles and still manage to get 10% or 25% loot tier you know that many players are fed up with 5* tournaments at the moment.

“lack of any changes or upgrades to old game mechanics”

A change I would really like to see to encourage rainbow and balance things overall would be to further tweak defending mana gains from tiles’ combinations, making defenses gain no mana from tiles wich aren’t on the board before making our move and to not making defenders gain mana from tiles matched by a boards’ reshuffle. (and to have time to properly test this in BETA)

6 Likes

RNG make this game better especially for Low Spender

actually i am playing another “cash oriented” game (Idle-Game) which also got PVP or Wars as well but without “RNG” factor , guess what ? more you spend more you win , i am VIP13 right now and 100% cannot beat person who at VIP15 , so basicly no chance for low or free player to win this game , you should be happy with “RNG” factor on this game , with average lineup 41xxx + correct lineup , you can easily beat 47xx team. just giving you second or side opinion from people who play another P2W game , less fun less skill just need to burn your $$$ to get stronger.

Why would stats of same color compound if this was the case?

At the very least to make the game playable for new players, who don’t have good heroes of every colour?

Color stacking is meta, but it IS boring.

1 Like

The same challenge every player went through ever?

1 Like

Um, yes? Because stats compound. That’s the point.

I’m not gettin what you’re sayin.

They should do away with color stacking and make rainbow the meta to make the game easier for newer players was what i read from your statement

Is that a misinterpretation?

No, I’m saying that stats stack for newer players to be able to play, but all “advanced” game mechanics (troops, ascension mats, boardwork) seem more intended for rainbow.

1 Like

Eldente, your frustration is real, and accurately reflects the game’s current state. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Got it. I don’t agree or disagree with that. I think it’s true to an extent once players start facing more synergized defenses with some embs and troops behind them. I warred rainbow when wars first started and i was using all 4s, which i was consistent with but once we started facing more and more 5* defenses with higher and higher troops i was more inclined to start color stacking like i already did for raids to break into the leaderboard for fun. So i think there’s a point in the early game where rainbow > color stacking, but the point color stacking > rainbow isn’t far into game progression.

I don’t agree with this though. As troop stats per hero compound as well and amplify emblemed stats which arches the att stat of offenders over the defender’s tank stats much easier than rainbow so makes it easier to bust through tanks in pvp which is half the battle, also amps scores in challenge events and titans

Basically mana troops amp the base attack stat of a hero by a % which the base stat grows with embs so therefore the %stat increase grows. You have these troops & embs on 3-5 heroes of 1 color and it’s a significant advantage over 1 of 1 color.

In “advanced gameplay” i think the key is playing a lot slower than the early play if you’re aiming for consistency whether you mono or 3-2

Not all boards can be overcome. But i believe the majority can be.

what I’m callin the majority is roughly 60-70% which is the consistency We’re seeing in wars of 2020 both before & after telluria, tho the data sample post telluria is much smaller and started off at ~50% and has climbed it’s way back up to “our” normal as we’ve faced more n more tellurias and been able to adapt. This data sample is only for our alliance though and mileage may vary, we could just be the luckiest group of 30 in the whole game. One alliance has dubbed us the “war magicians” so maybe they’re onto somethin…

1 Like

Yeah, unfortunately. It makes for extremely binary gameplay instead of promoting properly working the board and making tactical decisions.

I’d propose actually scaling down color stacking (like 85% tile damage with 2 heroes, 75% with 3 etc.)

Working a board to make the most of opportunities to bring up the color your missing or the amount of tiles you’ve already been dealt while not commiting suicide vs the defense does take tactical maneuvers.

I can’t test it but due to how i see some players consistently do well, some inconsistently do well, and all involved complain about boards and get dealt random boards, i would suspect that 2 players could be dealt the same board, use the same colors/heroes/troops, face the same defense and have 2 different outcomes. 1 succesful and 1 unsuccesful just due to how they worked the board.

3 Likes

True, but in the end, you’re still relying on good ol’ RNG to spawn you those tiles. Mathematically, in about 15% of cases, you won’t get 9 on-colour tiles by turn 10.

Raid tourneys mostly have different top100s every time, the only thing they have in common is a set of meta +20 heroes.

Sure, there is skill expression, but IMO not enough to offset the RNG in PvP unless you get a ridiculous sample size.

1 Like

I was just tossin in my/our experience

Everyone’s different

Some will wish they had played the board better. Some will wish they had a better board.

Just the way it is.

Happy gaming and good luck

3 Likes

Thanks, all, for the thoughtful discussion. In my view, the E&P folks are not interested in these good suggestions. Znyga (which owns E&P) reports Aug 5th. You will know then if the developers’ business plan is working. What was that classic movie line? “Show me the money.” Me? I am also an unhappy camper. The rascals nerfed my Telly and Vela and boosted my almost completely useless Mok-Ar. My solution? Anchor, as long winded as he can be, hit the bottom line with his June 17th Utube rant on the Hero Academy: #nospend. Not even POV. I humbly offer that polestar as my response to all of the genuinely valid complaints raised here. May the tiles be with you.

1 Like

I am aware of your unerring stance that E&P is a skill-based game, and complaining about the boards is lazy, but please try to understand.

I am not by any means trying to discredit the top players, who definitely have the skill aspect going for them as well as other factors.

However, the only place where I consistently see the same people on top, is challenge events (where you need knowledge of strategy and a certain set of heroes, as well as ample supply of WE), and wars (which have a hefty sample size of 180).

In raid tournaments, the top100 players are those who not just used their boards well, but those who actually went 25-0 - a feat that requires a good supply of RNG blessing not to encounter a tile draught in addition to matchmaking skill.

In single raids, the frustration is much worse, especially if you’re several hundred TP down.

I just felt the discussion had run it’s course

I provided my input
You provided yours

And i simply had nothing to add to continue it so just left that as a parting message that i feel we’ll simply agree to disagree without further chasin each other in repetitive conversation circles

If it came off as anything more then I’ll try to just be more clear or not respond next time

I hear what you’re saying but raid tournaments are a different beast than wars/raids. As we have a different tourney each week that benefits a different group of players each week.

Whereas wars & raids are more static so easier to find consistency of performance.

But instead of diving into that convo i was just going to save us both time by leaving it alone since i don’t think there would be any benefit by both of us repeating our viewpoints we’ve already expressed

Fair enough, and no offense was taken.

However, I do wonder about whether the skill ceiling could actually be raised by:

1. Scaling down the power of color stacking
  2. Removing the defenders’ 20% stat bonus to compensate.

That would IMO provide a lot more tactical depth than there currently is.

1 Like

This has been suggested a lot since that 20% is essentially a 2nd troop bonus on top of emblemed stats

The mechanic made sense to me pre emblems but i feel lost use once we started reaching +20 defenses and unemblemed 4s and 3/70 5s lost more value along with even unemblemed basic 4/80 5s not having the same value they once had and most(damn near all) players not having the emblem capacity to rebalance their offense teams to help offset the emblem towers

SG has yet to change it but yea you’re not alone in that opinion for sure. Maybe SG likes the way the results of emblems shook out, idk. But i know it’s creating a lot of frustration.

5 Likes