This game is fair and worth the money I have spent, and I intend to keep spending

The game is fair. Your perspective is that of frustration.

1. This point is wrong, it assumes that there is no Random Number Generation. Everybody Gets Bad Boards
  1. This is partially true, and varies. It is one way the game maintains some semblance of balance
  1. People color stack to win raids. Raids favor the attacker, whereas the defender is vulnerable. The game remains fair because you can do the same thing. Nobody forces you to spend and I have heard many people on this board report an uptick in ā€˜enjoymentā€™ of the game once they stop spending. Also-- The defense teams ā€œthat do not hold a candle to yoursā€ do not reflect the attack teams they use to defeat you. Unless I get 3 bad boards in a row (which I have) there isnā€™t a single defense team constructed that I cannot defeat. I donā€™t care if it is Zero and he has fully talented 5* heroes or not.

Your complaints are not new ones, nor are they rare to hear. However, these are based upon incorrect assumptions and often the result of conspiracy theories and misfortune. While we do have to take it on a bit of faith that the developers are telling us the truth, my experience has been that it is truly a RNG for the board, for summons, for loot drops.

I urge you not to spend any more, since you clearly do not trust the development team and have had bad fortune. This will guard against further anguish and, for all my misanthropic hopes, I would rather see you happier and not complaining than to be irritated and angrier.

4 Likes

This game is fair and worth the money

hahaha!!

Good one, still love the game tho._

1 Like

I am going to admit to something. I checked my phone battery app. E&P has been ā€˜activeā€™ on my screen for 70 hrs over the past 10 days. (most of it was autofarm & forget) and some of it was during my insomniac mornings, raiding while watching The Punisher.
Over the course of 15 months playing, it projects out to ~1.01 an hour of enjoyment (based upon my spending). (3000 dollars spent divided by 2975 hours spent). Some months I spent more, most months I spend less, but over 15 months, it works out to 200 per month. Some days I play more than 7 hours, most days I play less than, but it works out to 7 hrs/day over these past 10 days.

When I play it, it costs me 1.01/hr to play.

Iā€™d say that it has been worth it.

4 Likes

This isnā€™t a political post. Gee golly do I admire your defense of the game, but Iā€™m telling you my experience with it and my experience doesnā€™t change because you say so, eh comrade? This is what Iā€™ve seen.

So maybe take it down a notch.

Itā€™s not a political post for me and Iā€™m not defending the game, Iā€™m defending the facts.

Your experience is somewhat relevant, if only as a gauge to enjoyment.

However, if you come onto a thread that I created as an outlet to be positive, but you start spouting factual inaccuracies, I will correct them.

Youā€™re a bit silly if you think telling me ā€œtake it down a notchā€ will matter.

You posted on a thread that you didnā€™t agree with and the person you didnā€™t agree with said more things you didnā€™t agree withā€¦

Color me shocked.

Go fly a kite.

2 Likes

Oh yep.

Iā€™m stating my experience. Iā€™m not making it up, so you can claim ā€œinaccuraciesā€ all day and twice in Sunday. This is my experience with the game. It is accurately my experience with the gameā€¦so I expressed thatā€¦accurately.

Seems like @PeachyKeen posted a measured response to the claims you made. Some of those claims were fair, which Peachy acknowledged, and some were unsupported by evidence, which Peachy pointed out.

Itā€™s difficult to imagine how that response could be ā€œtake[n] down a notchā€, unless you mean that you expect all aspects of your opinion to be accepted unquestioningly and not subject to criticism or challenge. Or do you mean something else? What, exactly?

6 Likes

Iā€™m expecting my experience of the game to not be called ā€œinaccuraciesā€. Iā€™ve been at it for a while. I calls 'em as I see 'em. Maybe your experience hasnā€™t been the same and that is super duper fantastic. All of the kudos.

Everyone is always welcome to share their experience of the game here. But if there is significant evidence that the way you describe your experience is inaccurate, or if it is just unsupported by evidence, then that will be pointed out.

Thereā€™s no need to be oversensitive about that, or for anyone doing the pointing out to ā€œtake it down a notchā€. If you think the way you describe your experience is defensible then go ahead and defend it. If itā€™s indefensible then thatā€™s fine too. And if you just donā€™t care then I respect your indifference.

But you are not entitled to express your opinion and have it treated as gospel. None of us are.

5 Likes

^^^
Who are you, and what have you done with @Brobb???

5 Likes

I think my issue is when people confuse ā€œexperienceā€ with ā€œfactā€ and, ESPECIALLY in the case of RNG, this just is not possible.

There are a lot of people that come here and read a few posts, or find it from the net and take it as truth. This is the only reason I engage with people like this, to ensure accuracy.

• Yes someone has a bad time / poor enjoyment
  • Yes someone has bad luck
  • No, not everyone will have a bad / good time
  • No not everyone will have bad / good luck
  • Yes, RNG is real. You have overwhelmingly more of a chance of NOT getting wanting what you want (boards, loot, heroes) than getting what you do want. People do not get this and it creates discontent. It may not be liked, but it is still fair.
6 Likes

(Sighā€¦) Of course, makes me wait until Sundayā€¦

All of them?! How does that work, does, like, the person with all the kudos have to distribute them out after that? And if so does that mean that someone had previously given you all the kudos, that you were able to then give them all to someone else? And what if they hoard all the kudos? Aaaaand what does that mean for the kudos I had been giving out?? Do kudos bounce like a check would?

Forgive me, Iā€™m not familiar in the realm of all the kudos.

3 Likes

Here I was, pretending to look busy and productive during a meeting and this made me chuckle.

7 Likes

For the record:

I consider all replies (even dissenting ones) as well as the degenerative silliness as ā€œon topicā€.
The silliness is fun and part of the community, and part of why I like the game.

2 Likes

This post got me looking into how much Iā€™ve spent, and what Iā€™ve spent it on. I thought this was as good a place as any to ruminate on this. :slight_smile:

I started playing on Sept 12, 2018 so I just hit the 5-month mark. Early on, I was frustrated at raids, it seemed I couldnā€™t get a matchup that I could win. I made it through those early struggles, and now I have a better roster and I win more. I have winning streaks and losing streaks, but donā€™t get as frustrated as I used to. (I still grind my teeth when a board locks up on me and I can barely move anything as my heroes get slowly poked to death, heh heh.)

I currently have 68 heroes that Iā€™m working on:

• 15 are 3* heroes (mostly for events)
  • 49 are 4* heroes (the workhorses)
  • 4 are 5* heroes

Up until a couple weeks ago, I only had ONE 5* hero (Lianna, who I got fairly early from epic token); I got Kunchen early this month, then Hatter using 20 pulls in the Wonderland event, and now just today I got Quintus from just my second pull from my first TC20.

Nowā€¦ this thread was about it being worth the money I spent. Looking back, in the five months Iā€™ve been playing, Iā€™ve spent $151.40 total. Honestly, that number kind of shocked me, because I was sure I was only spending $20/month or less. But still, I donā€™t regret it, as Iā€™ve gotten a lot of enjoyment out of this game, I have some fun people that Iā€™m in an alliance with, and the forum community has some nice, helpful people who make it worth sifting through the negativity.

A note about spending habits: I keep VIP going; I tend to buy the 200 gems for $0.99 and the Atlantis offers (400 gems plus 25 coins for $1.99). In my first 3-4 months, I see that I bought some of those ā€œ200 gems + Compassā€ and similar offers, but I donā€™t think Iā€™ll be biting on those hooks anymore, now that I see I can get them easily enough without buying.

And one last number for you math geeks out there (you know who you are), my overall spending has cost me about 0.575-cents-per-gem. This ignores the ā€œvalueā€ of other items in the various offers, as I tend think of these offers as buying gems and the extras are just ā€œbonusā€ stuff.

OK, rambling overā€¦ for now. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Well you guys obviously have more disposable income than I doā€¦ and I donā€™t think anyone can successfully argue that a F2P player has the same odds of defeating a big spender in an equal amount of time spent playing the game (for the record, Iā€™m not a F2P but compared to you guys Iā€™m definitely a cheapskate). However, the game is ā€œfairā€ in the sense that itā€™s heavily RNG based and RNG can help or hurt anyone and everyone equally. Sure, some people will be rewarded more and others punished more, but thatā€™s how RNG works after allā€¦ some people win the lottery, most people donā€™t. It sucks, you get mad, but eventually you have to accept the fact that some people are lucky and some people arenā€™t.

Yes, there is a bit of strategy involved in this game, but you still need the right heroes and the right mats to ascend them in order to assemble the right team for defeating certain opponents. I currently donā€™t have access to these things, Iā€™m stuck with the heroes the game gave me and I do the best with what Iā€™ve got. Itā€™s fair and not fair at the same time. Do I expect to compete in the top tiers? Nope. Nor should I even try. But I still enjoy playing, at my own level, against people at my own level. In that sense it is fair. My trophies stay in a pretty consistent range based on my team. Some days I win, some days I lose. Overall they tend to balance out. As my team power goes up, so does my trophy count. Seems logical enough to me.

As for whether or not the game is ā€œworth the moneyā€ - well thatā€™s very subjective. For one, the game doesnā€™t cost money to play. Whether you spend or not is entirely up to you. If you can only enjoy a game when youā€™re annihilating everything and everyone else in your path, prepare to pull out your wallet and max out your credit cards and spend the next 6-12 months grinding to level and ascend all those fancy store bought heroes. Orā€¦ you could just do what I do, and accept the fact that some people have spent more time and money building their teams than you ever possibly could, and maybe stop worrying about whether youā€™re in the top 50 or the top 500,000.

Iā€™m just a bit over 1600 cups right now and for me thatā€™s a victory, Iā€™ve never been that high before. To most of the big spending or longtime playing platinum tier members on this forum, 1600 cups is pretty pitiful. Iā€™m not even fit to scrub the toilets in their alliances. But I donā€™t care, because I donā€™t play the game to impress random strangers. I play it because itā€™s addictive, even though some days it makes me want to smash my phone with a sledgehammer. I like collecting and leveling up heroes, even if theyā€™re not the best heroes, even if I canā€™t beat 4000+ teams or kill 12* titans. If all you care about is keeping up with the Joneses, I hope youā€™re related to Bill Gates or Elon Musk because holy crap there is no way in hell Iā€™m spending four figures on a mobile game (nothing personal SG, I wouldnā€™t spend that on a AAA title either). Kudos to those who have that kind of disposable income, I certainly donā€™t. But that doesnā€™t stop me from enjoying the game at my own small level. In spite of the fact that RNG generally tends to despise me (itā€™s not just this game, I have the same issues in all luck-based activities).

10 Likes

This is a well thought-out response. Appreciate you for it.

You are right. Those with more chances will have a better shot at the heroes. Those with more money can buy the ascension materials, guaranteed items and world flasks to score higher in events and get the good rewards.

Can a pure f2p compete? Yes!

It just takes a lot longer.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not pure F2P. Howeverā€¦ Iā€™ve spent roughly $75 on the game. My girlfriend has spent about $10. She has more 4 and 5 stars than I do. LOL! Stupid RNG just likes her better, probably because sheā€™s prettier than me. :grinning: Thereā€™s two ways to look at that: either 1, I spent more money so I deserve better stuffs! Well now that wouldnā€™t really be fair to the F2P crowd. The second way to look at it is, whether you spend or not, itā€™s still RNG.

Itā€™s also important to note that even though her teams are technically on paper stronger than mine, I tend to score better on wars and titans (Iā€™m even neck and neck on trophies against her in spite of her team being 100 points higher). Iā€™ve put more time in and I know the game better than she does. Whether you pay to play or not, you still need to put the time in. $$$ might buy you the heroes but itā€™s not going to level them for you. This game takes many months to get good at regardless of luck or amount of money spent.

4 Likes

Quoted for truth! :+1:

And I feel the same! :grinning:

1 Like