This game is built on frustration tactics and I hate it. I rage quit today

It’s VERY easy for me to tell my 5* mats as I have ascemded exactly zero of them. I am not stupid enough to miss things in this game as I am playing the majority of the time. Thanks for insulting my intelligence now try again.

You’re pretty quick to take offense where none was offered.

Pointing out that skipping playing days here and there means you can invisibly miss quests is not an insult. Neither is suggesting that you take screenshots, which would have proven that you got a quest completion without the promised loot.

If you’re only playing the “majority of the time,” you’re almost certainly missing out on quests. Logging in daily and always checking the quests page is the only sure way here.

3 Likes

I am logged on, on average 12-16 hours a day. So no missing anything.

When you say you are behind the schedule, may I ask how long you have been beating the final stages of all events? And how many mats you have aquired?

The game is a money grab. My VIP is about to expire and the little dragon has been crying for the past 2 days. That’s messed up-- it doesn’t belch fire anymore b/c the game is trying to manipulate me into paying more. I can see why you rage-quit. They can do more to make the money spent worth the value for sure. It doesn’t have to be this way.

Only thing I can suggest is cutting off the money stream if you come back to play.

2 Likes

You’re actually seriously claiming that you’re completing the rare quests and not receiving the guaranteed 4* ascension material? If you post a video of you completing a rare quest and not receiving the guaranteed loot, I’ll gladly paypal you $100.

8 Likes

i burned 35k gem past atlantis and got zero *5 , and what ? i realized this is just a game and it should be for fun + brainstorm-ing , it should not be your frustation. sometimes you are lucky and sometimes you are not.

life is hard already , dont take game seriously. spend what you afford to lose , if you are not then dont spend anything , be casual gamer and nothing to lose.

and you did right thing , go quit and bye.

2 Likes

If you only find joy getting there and don’t enjoy the journey you’re doomed. I’ve experienced the same things others complain about. I’ve spent a nice chunk on event summons and have 1 5*. I’m always in need of some ascension material. Blah blah blah. Each day though I get something done that wasn’t done the day before, bringing me joy in the process. If I got everything done too fast, I’d miss the little parts that bringing me joy. I know in 2-3 weeks I’ll have my first TC20 up and running.

3 Likes

Is this one of those ‘McDonalds makes me buy their burgers and now I’m fat because of them’ threads?

3 Likes

That’s where you learn NEVER inject money into phone games

1 Like

Recommendation for people upset about having spent money on this game. Print out exactly what you’ve said in this forum, and read it out loud in front of this

I think you’ll get better results, and hopefully the person you’re saying it to really let’s it sink in.

3 Likes

No really. It’s more about "See what you buy’ or about setting proper expectations. It has been discussed multiple times here on the forum: You are not forced to spend lots of money on a game. However, you can spend some for your peasure and to support a game of your choice (donate). You must be clear that this game is not “What you see is what you get” but is a Gacha and you gamble to get something. So, it is simply a matter of a limit (budget) that you can gamble for without regret.

1 Like

I like the game and still do. But, I can certainly understand where the game frustrates people. I have and still am in a 4 month dry spell where I have not been able to obtain 4 star ascension materials for any of my 5 star heroes last ascension. During this 4 month period I have been able to level up quite a few 4 stars. However, it was frustrating to log in to find that I have been raided 14 times in 6 hours, lost 309 trophies and all to teams that are 4100+ or 3200- when I have a 3600 team. Honestly, they shouldn’t even pretend that Raid is a ladder because it is not even close to one. It’s a time gate meant to pray on the psychology of a ladder system. So, personally, I have quit even caring about the Raid and think more towards War and group strategies with that.

2 Likes

I have been playing games for about 4 decades. Everything from paper and dice to modern phone games. Some F2P, some purchase game and play, some subscription. Here are my thoughts on this subject:

1. Most of the replies above are 100% correct. This is a RNG game where your money spent only buys you a “chance” at getting the top rewards. You did in fact get what you bought, a chance to get the rewards.

2. RNG games have been and remain popular with both players and developers. Without the RNG factor it either becomes P2W or has a limited life cycle as you can always “earn/buy” the game items in a known time or way.

The problem with RNG is simply this. Due to its streak nature you will always have a certain % of the population that consistently falls on the negative end of the curve. They simply never “get lucky” regardless of money or effort. You also have the % of the population that seems to get everything. The bulk fall in the middle and get some good and some bad results creating an even and fun experience.

For the % of “lucky/blessed” the game becomes boring and they leave.
For the % of “unlucky/cursed” the game often retains its allure but they develop the aforementioned “hatred” due to the nature of RNG.

The most common reply is something similar too “keep trying, it’s just RNG, things will turn around” and for most that is true. However for some it truly NEVER does. I recently spent 3.5 years and several thousand dollars(it’s my money don’t judge) on a different RNG type phone game. I loved it, I hated it, I miss it, and I wish I had never played because I found myself consistently on the “unlucky/cursed” side of RNG.

The challenge for the devs and those who have access to speak to them is to find that balance that limits the very extremes of RNG while providing enough RNG to keep the game viable and fun.

RNG is not the problem, it is needed in games like this. It is the extremes of RNG that ruin the fun.

14 Likes

I’ve seen worse first posts than this.

Very well put, it’s nice to have new posters that can add to discussion, and welcome to the community!

2 Likes

Honestly the “tin foil hat” crowd of “the devs are out to get us” frustrate me. But so do the “its all fair and equal crowd”.

We as humans tend to rely on math in these games to explain how it's fair.  If "x" action is completed 1 million times you get "y" result a known percentage of the time.  This is mathematically true and therefore a fact.  However people as individuals do not perform action "x" 1 million times and often do not experience the expected results of "y". 

How can the devs create the balance between the overall average, a mathematical fact, and the individual experience?  When a game company solves that problem we will have the perfect game!

Thanks for the welcome to the forums post.

2 Likes

Very well said. The thing, in my understanding, is that so far developers don’t bother balancing the game because number of active players and spenders is big enough and all the haters can be considered “acceptable loss”. There are lots of proposals on the forum on how to mitigate the impact of “bad luck” fluctuations.

I died on Season 2 Hard Mode, on the last level 27-10 when fighting the boss and left her with 6000hp left.

spent about 10 minutes in that battle and only lost because yellow gems stopped coming, sweet spot hits stopped coming and the RNG was infuriating as the boss picked off my heroes one by one.

But, as a veteran of the game, I just needed to walk away and collect myself. Do something in real life for a bit.

The extremes of the RNG, as you say, are absolutely frustrating.

2 Likes

There always are. However they rarely, I have not read them all on this forum, take into account the reason for making a game. The company needs to make money. Most “mercy rule” suggestions I have read are too in favor of the player.

My suggestion is far too long to post in detail here but involves not a linear “gain” for those who have bad luck but an overall system of assigning “values” to things, hidden from players. This value creates the average for any item in the game. RNG would dictate the results of a given action and then “look up” the value/total value of the result. If the value was within a given range of the expected result the player would get the “result”. If the given value was extreme, too high or low, the devs could accept the result and apply a + or - to the next result for a given player of simply re-roll to achieve a known “average”. The + or - could be cumulative until the expected average is achieved on a per player basis but it would not create the I received subpar results “x” times so I know I will get superior results next time. This would allow for both good and bad luck but achieve the overall average for all accounts.

Of course there are upsides and downsides to every system and the above is a VERY short version of my envisioned system.

A simple system of " I get a 5 star every “x” number of summons" creates the P2W scenario. the complete RNG system of “x” chance to get a 5 star with every summon creates the lucky/unlucky system. Both are common suggestions in this and many other forums.

I do not believe the devs don’t bother balancing the system. I firmly believe that a fair and balance system has yet to be created and implemented by any gaming company. It’s not for lack of trying but the conflict of a perfect system vs the realities of producing a product that makes money in a timely fashion. Hence the answer of RNG!

2 Likes

One thing is certain. If on a roll × 10 “give the best value” should be a 5 *. Do not!?