🏅 [Third Raid Tournament] Discussion and Feedback on the Updated Raid Tournament Matchmaking & Difficulty Bonus

Moderator’s Note

I’m reopening this thread now that the Tournament is starting!

LOL

I have a defense with TS 2.400 and my first opponent has a defense wit TS 3.280

LOL

1 Like

Looks like the loot is as bad as last time…

My first matchup is interesting…

My Defense Team

First Matchup

So it looks like I’ll face teams similar to what I see in Diamond normally, but without healing.

This should be interesting…

EDIT: I won with this team

8 Likes

Yeah, that’s unchanged. It’s still this situation: Reduced Raid Tournament Loot During Work on Matchmaking [Developer Response in Post 334]

1 Like

Well, I got mostly over 4100tp and my actually usable team is around 3850tp.

There’s just one exception:

I thought that this would be somehow prevented already

7 Likes

First day matchmaking resulted in significantly more difficult battles than both previous tournaments. The team powers were comparable, but in every match, the enemy team cost was higher. As in many raids, I feel that the troop power is undervalued.

3 Likes

Did you get that match after losing one or two before it?

1 Like

That was my experience too. My defense TP is 3783 and my opponents were all 4098 to 4202. Lots of gravy (one double), zeline and alasie. The pain train, let’s call it.

I’ll be knocked out tomorrow, no question.

It’s a nice lesson, I’m clearly way too reliant on my healers when I raid. But this tourney rule makes it feel very much like the 3* round, first 1-2 moves determine the outcome. Wreck or get wrecked.

3 Likes

Not directly before it. This guy was the last one and my matches were {W L L W W}, so directly before him there was a win, but before that there were two losses in a row.

1 Like

Went against a team with Atomos.
He did ressurect in battle.
Seems that part isnt solved yet.
Should’ve put a healer on my def team :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Lol had the same against a Boldtusk, he revived twice!

2 Likes

So it an issue of both Special (Atomos) and Emblem/Fight (Boldtusk at least).

What about Alberich and Mother North? It would be hilarious if they revived everyone

Feels like this round is very dependant on the boards. Have good colors in opening move and you can win, have to manipulate the board to gain mana and you are dead for sure…
I don’t have any fast mana heros so will be out very soon as well.

2 Likes

Fought 2 rounds before I filled my raid chest… one 3132 TP, one 3210 TP, third one will be 3408 TP, while my def team is 2993, and my highest TP team without healers 3089 TP… So tough matches… did win both, but barely, and only thanks to Wilbur (who should have won the bracket btw!) saving my butt both times. I won’t make it to the end of the tournament, and judging by the matches others have had, I don’t think I’ll be the only one :wink:

My def team has had one match and lost, so will be interesting to see how many teams it’ll face from here on out…

The Link Ability from Onatel is working too

My Fighter Boldtusk revived in a match too.

I’m guessing they’re distinguishing between Mother North & Alberich as being resurrection vs. Fighters and Atomos being revival — if so, that is not a clear distinction from the little text in the game.

1 Like

Lost in my first 5 battles. The matching sucks. I don’t have the best teams but I don’t have the worst either. Not fun .

2 Likes

Merged, thanks! :heart_decoration:

@Slasher7676 Welcome to the Forum!

And I agree, this is already my least favorite of the Tournaments so far. I don’t expect to last past Day 2 at most.

4 Likes

Cookie Settings