🏅 [Third Raid Tournament] Discussion and Feedback on the Updated Raid Tournament Matchmaking & Difficulty Bonus

After the second Raid Tournament, SGG took a maintenance break for Raid Tournaments again to continue improving matchmaking.

We have now scheduled the next Raid Tournament to start next week, on Tuesday, 23th of April, 2019.

As this is a brand new feature, we will be monitoring it and making further adjustments based on our findings and player feedback. Please make sure to read our previous response and follow our Raid Tournaments Change Log for all updates and improvements related to this feature.

Obviously there were extensive problems with matchmaking the first time around, which seemed to be improved a bit the second time — but still not fully meeting expectations.

Many players reported more reasonable matches than in the first Tournament, but distribution of attacks across players still seemed very uneven, albeit better than the first Tournament when many players were never attacked at all.

With the third Raid Tournament approaching, the question will be: does this third iteration work better now?

Share your observations and discuss below!

:link: Related Topics

7 Likes

Thank you Zephyr for all your work with these posts. They are very helpful and well organized :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

You’re welcome, and thanks for the appreciation!

Looking forward to it, no matter if it’ll be completely cool now or still a little buggy.

About 10 minutes to wait…

1 Like

Is loot set to be at the lower end still, while they continue tweaking?

I had assumed so, since we haven’t heard otherwise, and know they’re still working on the matchmaking still.

Since it just went live, I checked, and it appears to still be the reduced loot.

Last tournament registration was Wednesday, 10 April, this one is Tuesday 23 April, isn’t it a day earlier?

@Larz you might want to note the starting day changes.

First tournament registration was at Wednesday, 27 March.

2 Likes

Yep, looks like they shifted the days.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: :medal_sports: Third Raid Tournament! — FAQs, Teams, and Discussion

I wondeer if they brought it forward by a day because the battle stage would have started about the same time as the last levels of Atlantis are released.

The servers always seem to struggle when one starts let alone two at the same time!

It’s possible, but unless they already know they plan to take off another week after this one, presumably the starting day would be the same every week — so it may be that they just decided to make a permanent change relative to the schedule of War/Class Trials/Challenge Events/Atlantis etc.

I like the idea. I don’t have any 5* healers maxed anyways so this suits my defense very well lol. Hopefully the matchmaking looks better. I’m glad I won’t be raiding Delilah tanks or Aeron or something equally annoying. Probably still lots of Guins though.

2 Likes

Delilah’s minions could be useful even without healing, but you effectively pay a price for using a healer whose stats/speed are otherwise balanced to include their healing.

I bet we’ll see plenty of Buddy and Santa, though.

1 Like

There’s probably people who are kinda stuck using Delilah just because it’s their toughest yellow hero, their only maxed 5* yellow. So actually I change my previous statement to “I hope there’s lots of Delilah tanks” as she just gonna be a meat shield without the healing ability lol

2 Likes

Moderator’s Note

I’m closing this thread until matchmaking starts, to avoid stray comments here.

Please direct all questions and discussion about teams, hero selection, and Tournament rules to the main thread:

🏅 [Apr 22, 2019] 3rd Raid Tournament! — 5* Bloody Battle, All Elements - #12 by madmarv

Moderator’s Note

I’m reopening this thread now that the Tournament is starting!

LOL

I have a defense with TS 2.400 and my first opponent has a defense wit TS 3.280

LOL

1 Like