Things need to change. My take on it and it's suggestions

It’s hard for me to put on my thoughts together here and explain the depth of our concern and frankly loss over the number of friends and other players that have been quitting right and left over the last month or so. After the new release of the Alliance Quest, I had 5 people give notice but they were going to permanently retire from the game. One of them left after War early this morning and the applicant that I had set up to come into the alliance message me and told me he was quitting the game permanently. The pace of events are taking their toll and we weren’t even pushing top 10 on the AQ we were just playing it for fun.

Between the combination of the pace of the number of events being released every single month, alliance events, new portals, new OP heroes, offers, and worst of all requiring spending of gems to obtain flasks to play the Tower Events… the later being one of the worst things of all. This issue of not being able to compete at a top-level without spending something is just painful, why do that? These people should be able to compete at the top as well. One of my players left because he got into the top 100 on The Clash of Knights and didn’t even get a five-star Aether. Whereas I who scored in the top 13,000 got five 5* Aethers. I mean I don’t know if SG is playing this game or NOT, but that is killing the desire to play competitively in these top players. When somebody spends that many resources to get in there and they don’t get ■■■■, that’s a huge problem. You guys have to do something to fix that. It’s just bad business. Why should people bother to compete at all? Think about it.

I assume that the developers have all the numbers, they have the statistics on people’s playing and spending habits. I mean we’re talking about big publicly traded company here. So this must be a strategy, but what’s happening is people are just burning out like very very fast and very expedited rate here. I know that if the game doesn’t go down the tubes like its seeming to, I can continue to play and spend money here regularly, but with the way things are going I don’t see that happening. And I am definitely a whale. Lol

I implore you guys to please make some adjustments. This is flat-out just sucking the enjoyment out of the game for those of us playing in the top right now.

20 Likes

F*ck yeah! Now here’s something I can get behind

1 Like

Boom, well said Zero

Hi Scar,
the „You ruined“ was not aimed at you personally, I meant You all who replied rude or sarcastic to the original post.
If I expressed, without wanting to, that you personally were rude or impolite I apologize, that was not my intention.
We all believe SG is only changing their behaviour if it did not pay off for them. So the players need to organize to get heared by them. They play an „ divide et impera“ approach, and we help them by dividing our selfs in whales, c2p, f2p etc. . Thats not helpful, we have to speak with one voice if we want to have a small chance to achieve some changes. Its sad that a well thought and carefully written proposal was greeted with toxic replies instead of constructive discussion.

Good luck to you and I am looking foreward reading your posts

3 Likes

The movement has started on tbe forums…

https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/t/stop-the-greed-of-the-game/251493?u=sleepyhead

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: [MASTER] NoSpend2.0 / NoSpendNovember

I’m most likely what most of you would call a whale

Well, this is exactly why Zynga’s doing what they’re doing. No disrespect and it’s absolutely up to you what you do with your money, but as long as they (Zynga) are getting you to open your wallet they’ll continue chugging along.

1 Like

Hello everyone, I’m sorry that I haven’t answered much to all your replies in the last 2 days, but please know that I’ve read all of them and I appreciate all of you who replied with constructive criticism, thoughts and ideas, for or against my suggestions.
Except those who only came in here to cry and point fingers. You know who you guys are.

I’ll start by apologizing again, because there is another flaw in my suggestion about AQ’s rewards. I stopped the rewards at top 10000 and didn’t include the rest of the tiers.
That is now fixed and I hope it clears some questions that people had about this idea.

I’ll aslo reiterate this : I’m not mad about the reward I got, I knew what I was getting myself into and this post would’ve happened regardless of the outcome of my loot.

Now I won’t be quoting anyone, instead I’ll be answering to an argument that some people have.

I’ve read some people say that they like the RNG of the AQ because it doesn’t encourage the increasing gap between top players and the rest.
To this I have to question… What’s your way of playing ? Did you use any items on this ? Did you just go for the completion, or did you try and compete for the top spots ?
I’m going to put out a wild guess on who these people are, and say that they’re most likely people who didn’t compete at all on any events.
In life you work to earn money. When you enter competitions of all sorts there’s a fixed prize at the end for the winners, podiums, etc…
If you don’t work, you don’t earn any money (In general) and if you don’t perform well in the competition, you don’t receive any prize (In general).
It’s the same concept here, even if it’s Just a game. Those type of events are based around competition. The better your strategy and the more efforts and resources you pump in these events the better your rewards will be, plain and simple.
There is not a single chance that anyone who puts time and effort into a competition will like an RNG based reward.
Let’s take for example Poker tournaments. The winner gets the most, 2nd gets less and so on until there isn’t any money left in the PP. Would people go to these tournaments if every time somemone got busted they would choose a ball in a bowl full of them with a different prize tied to each of them and some with nothing. That would mean that a person who ended 200th could get the top prize, and the person who wins the event could get absolutely nothing, even though he had most likely a better strategy, put more effort in this event and undoubtedly more luck (Because it’s poker) during it.

I don’t think they would be very popular. At least I wouldn’t be playing this game.

Now back to E&P. I like to calculate my Return Of Investment for the amount of resources, time, efforts and money that I’m spending for most of the events. Of course I don’t always choose the most efficient options.
Quick example : There is a better ROI to go all out on Mythic titans than the Towers concerning emblems without taking into account everything other loot that accompanies them. The margin isn’t that big, but it’s definitely there.
Even with that in mind, when it was 50 stages, I still chose to compete and use my scrolls in the towers rather than in the Mythics, because it was the option that I preffered.
That’s why I chose to compete for the highest spot in the AQ event, because that’s what I wanted to do, even if the ROI was absolutely not there, even if it would’ve given me 6 A IIIs.

The gap between those who compete and those who don’t has to exist, to compel players to actually compete, otherwise there is absolutely no point in doing so and even those who will Take our place (As some said) will realize it and it’ll create an unsuccessful event where no one competes, because you can get better rewards than the top guy while you only placed 10000th.

AND, with all of that said, I still suggested a mix of both fixed and random rewards to please both sides.
That’s where some of you got loss and replied to me saying it’s not a good idea to only have fixed rewards… Have you even read my post ? You certainly didn’t, because if you did you’d know what I actually suggested.

As for the rest of my suggestions, I haven’t really seen any counter argument that I think I need to reply to.

I’ll end with this : There is a movement in the works and it’s being discussed about in most of the big alliances and families, and you guys have most likely heard about it too.
It’s up to you if you want to follow said movement or not.
As for me, and many others, I will.

Thanks for reading again,
Fur

16 Likes

Okay Alusia, I won’t “buckaroo” ya, i’ll skip the principles of rhetoric.

Alliance quest, alliance event, it was billed as a way for alliances to compete.

From the [MASTER] Clash of Knights Alliance quest thread:

Unfortunately, I couldn’t quote this as the formatting would not carry over. These are the individual rewards. Are the fixed individual rewards enough for an alliance quest event?

Suggestion or proposal, I suppose based on how any person interprets the OP. Because of the defined layout in the OP, it struck me as a proposal.

Here’s a proposal, Finish the rare tier - get a 3* aether in the completion reward, finish epic tier - get a 4* aether in the completion reward, and of course, finish the legendary tier - get a 5* aether. There’s a proposal that benefits all, individually, that can complete the challenge.

The fixed benefits on the alliance rewards are # of emblems, and # of aether draws, and less consequential RNG loot. I personally believe that every alliance with any level of participation should receive at least a RNG based chance at a 5* aether. The more participation (ie higher score) results in more RNG draws, which to my knowledge is the current reward system.

Out of many different possible outcomes of guaranteed best level loot (ie aethers) for a small minority, the most likely result hurts a whole lot more than it will help the few.

https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/t/dont-leave-your-alliance-over-clash-of-knights/251115

Just to play devils advocate and not just replying to you Samme but to the general “I put in 20 hours on this event so I deserve more” concept…

If we are having AQ in rotation with NT and ToM then we really don’t need another flask-a-thon (the thing I like the most about NT and ToM is that more than any other challenge I can score reasonably highly without spending either money on flasks or the opportunity cost of not farming AR with my saved flasks). The only 2 ways to achieve this is either a fixed flag system (with limited flask purchasing ability) or by making the reward distribution not worth the investment.

Not saying I agree with SG’s method here as I rarely do but do we need an extra event where if you want to compete you have to spend gems and copious amounts of time?

edit I should point out that I didn’t like the change to more levels in ToM than NT and especially the need to buy tower flasks to complete it but it still needs less time and gems to compete in than a normal challenge event. As I said I don’t agree with the SG way but I can still have a preferred thing I don’t agree with edit

2 Likes

Alliance Quest needs 3 times more work (due to you need to work on all tiers) for the third of the possible rewards compared to normal challenge events.

And even if you top1 you can still get worse rewards than someone with top10k ranking.

10 Likes

I won a marathon where the prize was $1000. I won an ultra marathon where the prize was a lump of local rock and a t-shirt. I paid to enter both knowing what the rewards were. (My entry fee was more than the cost of a t-shirt obviously)

Again not supporting SG, but if there was 1 thing I could change in the game the rewards for anything wouldn’t be in the top 10 on my list

You knew what the rewards were! :smiling_face:

Does anyone have any pictures of the scrolling rewards in the AQ that kept flashing 5* aether and multiple 4* mats?

That visual scrolling loot bar is
in my opinion
The bulk of loot heartburn.

Without that bar, people would seek out the actual odds and be less surprised by toilet paper and rope.

Without that cycling mirage…
maybe the amount of time and resources that got dropped on that event wouldn’t have been so high.
Thus, adding to the heartburn.

2 Likes

They even gave me the choice of t-shirt sizes…

But then race organisers haven’t found the profitably of the lootbox system coupled with rng on steroids.

Seriously though I would have been no less happy if I had won a random t-shirt and a random sized and coloured rock.

1 Like

You run the Berkeley and you totally get Lootbox style winnings. Namely probably losing all your toenails and possible death by Hypothermia :joy:

We massively digress. I just love reading about the crazy Ultra-Marathons that dude sets up. I also like the one that doesn’t end until one person is left alive :joy: Nutjobs the lot of you.

2 Likes

ahhaha!
That’s good stuff!

I understand the grief even though I didn’t partake to a strained degree.

I got to the top 3,000 and went to bed.
My thing was time.

I noticed that blasting through mobs with items didn’t give me as good a score because then my combo score was very low. Which meant… I had to farm boards!

I got a life man… I don’t have the time for that. So top 10,000 sounded good to me and that BS bar was flashing 5* aether and a 4* mat every now and then for 10k.

So now play it out for those who went hard at it. They farmed boards. Wiped out WE pots. Got bamboozled loot.

And then promptly…
Here comes Atlantis. And they drained their WE supplies for toilet paper and rope :joy:

I think folks have a right to be :angry:

Oh yeah… I woke up 7 hours later and got bumped out of the top 10k…
People seriously hit that event HARD!

And that reward bar was nowhere near the actual loot odds. People should be pissed

1 Like

Yeah I was never that nuts, 100k was my max.

And while I promise not to derail this thread again this might give you a laugh…

I stopped racing about 3 years ago cause running 160k a week training was taking up to much of my time, what did I spend that extra time on - well that is when i started spending more time on E+P.

God I’m an idiot!

2 Likes

I took these screenshots, but only for my tiers:

1 Like

Thanks Samme!!

Look at that:

The last pic has 2 5* aether + 4* mat
At tier 10k…

Here is the actual odds for 10k:

Are here… :upside_down_face:

1 draw at 20% for the 4* mat
3 draw at 20% for the 5* aether

The visual scroll put up awesome draws each time… no only that but…
I went back and looked at my rewards, I can’t make sense of the actual odds by comparison to what I got either.

Something is off here. I need it look at this some more. Even the odds @PlayForFun put in the thread look like there should have been a lot of happy people.

50% 4* mat for 1 draw in top 1,000
Is this what happened?
That question maybe impossible to answer. And we can’t see the full higher tier rewards. I definitely don’t remember flashes of them being lower weaker ranks… the visual scroller was pumping some BS

1 Like

Because of experience: if there’s no benefit for game economy it doesn’t get on SG table :woman_shrugging:t3:
Hence we need to discuss how to make an impact on the game economy, otherwise it’s pointless :fist:

Are you asking the player base or the devs?
The answer is different.

To be honest the improved loot would benefit close to no-one.
Unless you improve participation loot, even improving it for top 100k would benefit less than 10%.
Improving loot for top rankers has such no effect for the 99.9% of the player base that if it was for the players you could do it retroactively since the first day of the game.

I’ve never been surprised by F2P expressing dissatisfaction at the game: it has never been friendly to them, but has worsened over the years.
I’ve also never been too surprised at unsatisfied limited spenders.
But I’ve never thought whales could get in the mix.
I mean… If you send so much money to someone you must be satisfied, right?
This was an epiphany.

Glad to see that the only actual course of action has been embraced, thou.
It was about time :relieved:
Best of luck: I’ve been supporting your cause years before it existed :kissing_heart:

[This message is meant to the community, not just Alusia]

5 Likes