Theorycrafting thoughts on feeders and randomization

After always having hidden blade shortages (hooray for Monday’s offer), I noticed that I actually just had more leveled red heroes than all other colors. Took a full inventory of each account and added up all feeder XP spent over the last 10-14 months. I have always fed like colors, only exception being when 1 or 2 off-color will finish the final level of a hero. That occasional exception is not enough to change any of the results.

Red is 2+% higher than all the other colors on every character account. If anyone wants to see the full list or numbers I can post it. It’s over 300k different on the oldest, which is almost a full 5* hero. Well outside a good StD and the data sets are plenty large.

Trying to think of why. Out of all feeders, each color has 2x 1* and 3x 2* with the exception of Red which has four (screw you Jill !). So apparently when you pull a 2* feeder, you get a random one out of the full pot rather than picking the color first and then a random one from that subset. With an extra Red tipping the scales, you eventually end up with quite a bit more.

Just in case anyone wondered or cared.

Bad design. No balance…no balance. The Force and Baby Yoda are NOT HAPPY!

3 Likes

Would not surprise me.

Similar problem with red and yellow 1* troops was fixed

:triangular_flag_on_post: Flagging for moderators to discuss with staff.

1 Like