🎪 Theobald – 5* Ice/ Blue from Starfall Circus

I have a more simplistic approach to character design. So the attack up is just being slapped in there for no other reason.

it was requested in the beta to make him average but nothing changed

Love the miracle bear. I agree though, he should have his dmg buff removed and be average speed.

I think it’s better to make Theobald’s mana rate average. But to keep the balance, item 2: “all allies reflect all status effects…” should be removed. This is useful against teams where all the heroes are elements of nature. There are very few such teams. Most often, there is one element of each element in the team. So this item is 80% useless. The heroes of the new events must be strong so that the players want to get it. Now Theobald is not so cool.

Totally don’t agree with the point of elemental reflection.

I still use Mitsuko often, because of her ice reflection. In the def teams, instead of Krampus, you can usually meet some hard blue hitters like Morel, Mr Pengi, Master Lepus etc. She is just making a crash-test to them and this can turn the tides of the fight.

Theobald can totally crush the likes of Frigg and Quenell which can also save your team maaaany trouble.

The only issue is that he is slow, and they are fast, so he can be a little late to the game. You can easily charge Mitsuko with 9 tiles and she can do her job. With the Miracle Bear, it is different, but when you see 2 Friggs suiciding at him (I did it once :smiley: ) you don’t regret any scope given to him anymore :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Mine is sitting at 1/1 since day one, but now I think he can be quite useful against titans considering his attack buff (with defense down and elemental defense down). I will surely give him a try.

1 Like

I agree, Mitsuko is a great hero, and I use her still too. But Theo is slow, he doesn’t have time to charge mana. If he has average mana and reflection, he will be too strong. There will be disputes that it is unbalanced

1 Like

I’m curious about the damage buff. How much damage (aprox.) Theo is doing now?

EDIT: Right after posting, I found Lbroken in the wild, so here it is:

ha ha ha, this is a very weak damage. The limit is broken, full emblems and defense buffs. For a slow hero, this damage is nothing

Well this one is probably full defense/hp path, that’s why. Take a look on his stats.

Mine is still 1/1, the only change he needs is being average, the mana speed is crucial for a reflecting hero, you should have the chance to charge him before green heroes attack, but being slow makes the reflection unuseful. I’m not going to give him telescopes any soon.s

2 Likes

This mfer would be broken more than he already is if he was average mana speed!

1 Like

When we say that he should be average we are talking about the last buf, instead of changing his ability it would have been way better making him average, we are not saying that now he should be average. Being slow the reflection is useless.

Question on Theobald, since it came up. Should his reflect skill overwrite with Ursena’s skill, even though they reflect 2 different colors?

Yeah, the skills over writes each other. I have encountered it with Mitsuko. This skill is so rare, that I do think that this effects should not be replaced.

Having them overwrite each other actually makes sense, because it would be locking out the opponent from winning if using 2 or more reflects that are active and dont overwrite

Ok Theo owners, with him rumored to be in SE, is he worth trading for? Is he still effective in the current meta?

Well, if you are in the high ranked alliance and encounter Friggs and El Naddahas in war teams it may become tempting to bring the bear. But in reality, when Xnols are usually accompanying them, he’s too slow.

One solution is to take passive Mana generator like Xnol or Toxicandra. Without it, the bear is usually too late to the game.

He’s really effective in Towers, however.

1 Like

Needs a cleanser if he’s against el nada. He’ll hinder more than help

1 Like

Hmm.

In theory he reads great in practice I use him seldom. For pvp most of the time I have better teams.

Tournaments.

• No heal I prefer minion heroes, so there he’s out.
  • Rush, his speed would be useful, problem without green when blue would make the most sense his special becomes very underwhelming, with green and another color locked most of the time it still makes more sense using more of the strong allowed color or classic rush heroes if available. Also very often green rush heroes are mother North, heimdall, albi which makes him also lackluster. He only really shines against kalo teams.
  • buff booster, same color problem like with rush and very often there are faster heroes with more buffs available.

Wars:

• Really nice against minions, those mini hits will increase his damage buff fast and most of the time you will find an opponent with a hard hitting green on wing.
  • Rush, great against kalo wing teams, bad against mother north etc teams. If you face kalo - Alfrike combi teams regularly he can be a lifesaver.
  • For the other modes most of the time I don’t use him.

So I’m not sure if I would trade for him. I felt lucky when he showed up for some coins and for my roster he’s an improvement, but I don’t think I would trade heroes for him (of course depends on who else is available)

2 Likes