:crossed_swords:
:shield:
:heart:
4/85 792 865 1514
4/90 906 990 1732
Origin Family
Starfall Circus Starfall
Image Aether Power Description
regen Regen At the start of each battle, this Hero regenerates 420 health over 6 turns.
In battles with multiple waves, the effect is refreshed at the beginning of each wave.
:dizzy: Special Skill: Multi-Trhow
  • Deals 405% damage to the enemy with the highest remaining HP. Deals 260% damage to all other enemies.
  • All allies reflect all status effects and 115% damage back to the attacker and block other negative effects from enemies’ Nature Special Skills for 4 turns.
  • All allies get +45% attack for 4 turns, increasing by +20% every time they are hit.
All-In-One Reference, courtesy of @Lumi
tap on image to view it fully

All-in-one still under construction, will be added when available.

:hugs: Family Bonus

The new heroes form the “Starfall” family and have a family bonus for each unique hero in the team:

Starfall Family
Bonus for 1 / 2 / 3 Heroes:

• 50% / 75%/ 100% chance to cleanse the Hero’s most recent dispellable status ailment at the end of each turn.

:balance_scale: Balance Changes

Feb 2022

:test_tube: Beta Changes

There have been no changes to Theobald from last seen beta build.

Beta Information: 🧪 Early Information on New Starfall Circus Heroes [Part of The Beta Beat v38]

:money_with_wings: Avoiding Overspending & Heartache :broken_heart:
Or: How many summons are needed to get a Legendary Challenge Event Hero?

It’s important to remember that Challenge Event Heroes have EXTREMELY low summoning odds. No amount of summoning will guarantee a Challenge Event Hero.

On average, in a 10-pull, you have a 1.65% chance of summoning Theobald.

But that statistic can lead our minds astray in exactly how our odds play out as we continue summoning.

Some useful insights:

• 15 times out of 100, you’ll get Theobald by pull 100 (26,000 gems)
  • 56 times out of 100, you’ll get Theobald by pull 500 (130,000 gems)
  • 95 times out of 100, you’ll get Theobald by pull 1,796 (467,200 gems)
  • 99 times out of 100, you’ll get Theobald by pull 2,761 (717,900 gems)

Putting that in Perspective

• 85 out of every 100 people won’t get Theobald by the 100th pull
  • If 1 Million players each spent $259.97 (US) to summon :one::zero::zero: times, 846,364 of those players wouldn’t get Theobald
  • 5 out of every 100 people won’t get Theobald by the 1800th pull
  • If 1 Million players each spent $4,671.53 US to summon :one::eight::zero::zero: times, 49,663 of those players wouldn’t get Theobald

More Insights & Reading

I highly recommend reading these two threads for more information and context on summoning odds:

If you’ve read them a million times before, you may consider reading them again before deciding on your budget for summoning. A little time spent deciding on how much money you want to risk on summoning goes a long way to avoiding disappointment, frustration, and regret later. :slight_smile:

:link: Related Threads

Other Starfall Circus Heroes:

2 Likes

Feedback Poll - Theobald (post release)

:question: Is Theobald worth Summoning For?

• Yes, absolutely
  • Only if you’re P2P
  • Yes, but only if you’re summoning for someone else.
  • Not really
  • Not at all

0 voters

:question: How many copies of Theobald would be useful to keep & Level?

Note - this is roster space dependent & isn’t the same for everyone!

• zero
  • Just one
  • All of them

0 voters

:question: What do you think Theobald’s Primary Purpose is?

• Primary Damage Dealer
  • Supporting Damage Dealer
  • Special Skill (Nature) Reflection
  • Attack Buffer

0 voters

:question: What do you think of Theobald compared to other heroes?

• Over Powered (OP)
  • Little stronger than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Little Weaker than Most
  • Completely Broken (Under Powered)

0 voters

:question: How does Theobald’s Special Skill and Intended Purpose match his Base Stats?

Note this means his Class, Attack, Defence & HP Stat

• Perfectly
  • Better than Most
  • On Par with Most
  • Worse than Most
  • Terribly

0 voters

:question: Is Theobald worth giving Monk Emblems to?

• Yes absolutely
  • Depends on who else you got
  • Hmmmm, not sure yet
  • No I don’t think so
  • No… Not at all.

0 voters

:question: In Defence, where do you think Theobald is best used?

• Left Wing
  • Left Flank
  • Tank
  • Right Flank
  • Right Wing
  • Not on defence at all.

0 voters

:question: How do you think Theobald is best used?

• PvP Raids/ War attack
  • Normal Defence
  • War Defence
  • Titans
  • Farming
  • Tournaments
  • Event Teams

0 voters

1 Like

Saved 116 challenge coins for this - the miracle bear showed up and he’s the one I have been lusting after! I am over the moon this morning.

First play test at 3/44: if there are two enemies with identical HP left, and they’re both the max HP, they both take the 375% damage.

10 Likes

Is this slow bear going to be useful outside of rush tournaments and very fast wars?

And unfortunately he is slow speed. So Frigg defenses still laughing at everybody while SG continues their quest murdering DoT which was dangerous like a year ago.

He should be amazing against Frigg, but he is just too slow. In beta, 4 out of 5 matches I wasn’t able to charge him fast enough. That unfortunately makes him unreliable - not like what Mitsuko was for first iteration of Vela.

This is unfortunate. Other parts of his special aren’t anything out of the ordinary. +50% attack we’ve seen on Krampus already, who is faster and taunt is much more dangerous. 230% damage to all at slow speed is very weak - even if one of the enemies (barely in your control which one) will get it double.

It’s missed opportunity. I would really hate to miss Theo if he was average speed. Now as he’s slow, I am fine passing on him. Maybe that’s for the better.

4 Likes

Good in rush attack and probably very good also if paired with frosth to speed him up

All depends on your play style. This isn’t a one size fits all game.

I have no issues with slow heroes while on offense. Alfrike, Khagan, Bertila, Lidenbrock, Heimdall, Noor - it’s all deadly.

I’m confident I can survive the first hit from Frigg and then have her commit hari-kari the second time around. The speed is the most obvious thing people will be dismissing about this hero (color me surprised), respectfully, but once Frigg goes off it’s not a death sentence like Alfrike. Scrub off the -DEF or add your own +DEF and get on with the match.

5 Likes

Question on Theobald. His first hits targets the hero with the highest HP. If an enemy hero has taunt active, does that first hit have to hit the taunt first? or does it bypass it and aim for the highest hp enemy?

1 Like

If the enemy has taunt he will still hit the enemy with the most health

10 Likes

I don’t know why they gave him a +50% attack out of nowhere and that’s the reason why he’s slow. If he would to just deal the AOE damage and green reflect to make him average mana, he’ll be perfect.

3 Likes

Pulled this guy hoping for Emilio or Fluffy and I’m not sure how I feel about him. I have lots of blue options (I have always got too many blues) to level, but no-one that would be clearly ahead of him either.

Have people had time to try him out? What do you think?

What I have already maxed
Athena, C Magni, Lepus, Russula, Ariel, Vela and Glenda.

What I could level
Dupe Lepus, dupe C Magni, Isarnia, Rumpelstiltskin, Thorne, Richard, Raffael, Frosth, Fenris and now Theobald.

What I’m thinking now is that it stands between Raff, Theo and Isarnia but I’m not sure. Any ideas?

Fenrir is next in Rooster. Great Hero even without Emblems. The 600% are enough too kill any hero who is under 50% life.

1 Like

Perfect for rush attack, probably usable in normal mode coupled with frosth to speed him up.

Too bad its attack stats are not that high :confused:

Interesting, never rated Fenrir high myself. Would’ve probably leveled a dupe Lepus before him but I don’t know

1 Like

Does anybody have some new experiences with this hard-trained lovely bear?

I’m wondering whether to ascend him and create a 2-shot killing duo with cIsarnia.

I have him maxed. No emblems yet. He is great right now on fast tournament.

1 Like

The latest buff makes him a beast!!!

• OP
  • Balanced
  • Still weak

0 voters

I would still prefer if they remove the attack up and turn him average speed. He increases attack for no reason

4 Likes

i agree, he won’t be reliably useful outside rush wars if he is still slow.

the attack boost is probably just something added to justify making him slow.

1 Like

Also the ripostle should be for any color not just green. He’s one of the heroes I regret giving my materials to, I dont use him much outside rush wars.

2 Likes