Then & Now - Side by side screenshots of Original/Equipped/Unequipped costumes & Class Talent Grids (update Jan 25 2021 - Round 3 costumes added)

Just for comparison… Feel free to share/use the pictures

update 25/01/2021
round 3 costumes added

update 20/05/2020
Round 2 costumes added (with class talent grids).

update 02/11/2020
Class talent grids added.

Since the grids are re-created (@ late hours with low energy and focus), please pm for corrections if you find any mistakes.

update 21/01/2020
Cards showing unequipped costume bonusses are added.

003_Costumes Then & Now-Round IICostumes Then & Now-Round IIKadilen

009_Costumes Then & Now-Round IICostumes Then & Now-Round IILittle John

013_Costumes Then & Now-Round IICostumes Then & Now-Round IICarver

Costumes Then & Now-Round 3Colen_resize

Costumes Then & Now wiith Class Talent GridsSonya

118 Likes

Nicely done. Thanks for taking the time

6 Likes

Now Melendor REALLY is Green Gandalf! :grin:

11 Likes

great job thanks awesome

1 Like

Woah, woah, woah there

Are accusing SG of plagiarism?!

giphy%20(8)

7 Likes

Perish the thought! I would never… :wink:

2 Likes

I got Tyrum in my main and alt accounts and his costume isn’t red like the one you have in the picture. It is grey. Even when I click the magnifying glass it stays the same color. I do have him active in my raid defense for the current tournament but that shouldn’t make a difference should it? It just has a message saying I can’t use it while he is currently there.

1 Like

These are in game screenshots of previews of costume cards, within costume chamber and summoning portal -Android version-. I have not altered the pixels…

1 Like

Whoever made Tyrum’s costume art is the laziest artist ever :joy:

Skittleskull looks just bad… Horghall looks like buff Pinocchio. Lianna looks like she’s wearing some halloween costume. Melendorf the white doesn’t look that bad but I hope SG doesn’t get into copyright problems lol.

4 Likes

Then check those out :wink:

5 Likes

Apparently Sigrunn has killed and took belongings of Nightshade, only to disguise herself as a fire hero using the name Scarlett…

3 Likes

Oh yes, I am well aware of all the twins :sweat_smile:

SG has been a fan of recycling since day one

2 Likes

I like that art of the girl that has the same face as Renfeld :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

SG might be the victim here, since they outsource these designs ^^

1 Like

Costumes FAQ too:

2 Likes

i wonder why they didn’t give him a white hat? :thinking::joy:

1 Like

Thank you very much for doing this work! Seeing it all together really helps; I am not convinced that every costume is an actual improvement. Boldtusk jumps out at me. I don’t care if his stats increase since he already survives just fine. And his heal is sufficient for me as is since I never run him as the only healer (except against titans). What I actually want from him is the fat attack bonus, which the costume decreases. Plus his revive as a fighter is taken away when he enters the kitchen.

I could also see an argument for Isarnia - it sin’t clear if (admittedly way) better tiles and a larger special damage percentage offset a 10% lesser defense debuff. I mean, Grimm can already do costumed Isarnia’s effect, and at faster mana speed.

Tiburtus is another possibility where I may prefer the un-costumed version.

5 Likes

One other issue with the emblems is like Melendor. I have him at +20 and a L11 mana troop. This lets him charge at 9 tiles instead of 10. Hedrops to 8 if used with Buchan or Khagan(24% boosters). But is I use the costume, he does a HoT and takes longer to charge. He also loses his minion chance as well.

I think this was something that started as a good idea. Then it got complex with emblems and things like that and I think we haven’t even seen all the problems that will eventually arise.

I also just am failing to see and I said this before release, the use for them in general.

It seems that new players could benefit but as a new player you want new heroes to get better and move to 4,5*. So spending time on leveling a costume with minimal benefit doesn’t seem useful. Longer term players have better heroes in the 4 and 5* range. You have ones like me who have a handful of 5* leveled and some still being worked on. The goal is to continue leveling them to make better teams. In my case like many, you have mostly S1 heroes and maybe a few event, S2 or HOTM. With the severe limit on resources, and I know the costumes take much less, I can’t see using most of these.

I don’t want to rehash things that have been discussed at length before these came out. I just think people are going to chase new heroes. I don’t see a lot of spending for the costumes. The spenders want new heroes from events and HOTM. They likely have all the S1 and have moved onto using S2 and event heroes. This is a generalization but I don’t see this drawing money like new heroes would.

I just wish they would have taken this time and put it into the HA. That thing is what I am really waiting for. MAny are as well. We have tons of dupes hoping to try for better heroes. I would just like more chances at event heroes and the coins are a nice start though even if you beat all the stages you still need more from farming to get 2 pulls.

Anyhow, it just seems like a complex idea that could have worked but it should have maybe been shelved and thought through to address emblems, etc. It may work out and maybe we will see new top 100 line ups of Thorne, Horghall, Vivica, Khagan, Quintus.

If you take a serious look at the stat boost and the new skills almost all of them are underwhelming. Also if you do plan to pull for Vivica or someone else like Sonya, you are better doing it now. The pool of costumes is small right now. I assume they will just add new ones to the existing pool and not only have a limited pool each month. So soon that Viv costume will be mixed in with all the other costumes and the chances for getting it will greatly decrease. It is the only one I think really could make a huge difference since she is yellow and it would be nice against all those purples like Kage, Seshat, Sartana, etc. I have her, now I just need to pull her costume which has the about the same odds as pulling a legendary hero. UGHHH. Just let us have HOTM in the TC already!!!

3 Likes

The new looks of Hawkmoon, Richard and Rigard ftw! Others don’t look that good.

Thanks for the smooth comparison. Let’s see who’ll be the next ones.

Baywatch Belith?
Undertaker Ulmer?
Barkeeper Jahangir with plates on his hand?
Grandmother Greymane?
Sean Connery Caedmon?

There are so many yet to come!

3 Likes