The winner of my 6th tonic should be

Because Zocc gives them a “free” 50% mana boost whereas none of the others do. If I fire Hansel at a monk or cleric and they resist the mindless attack, I still have a few turns to do something about it. I fire Zocc at them and they resist, oops now I’ve just charged up their mana and I’m gonna get hosed.

2 Likes

True. Got it. 20 times

As it turns out, I ended up ascending Hatter do to “funness”. I have enjoyed it so far.

4 Likes

I have Hansel+18, but he’s being replaced by Zocc+7 slowly… Zocc might be slower, but he can take a punch. He can evade as well. He has a nice element link. I might bring him to +11 to increase the chance to evade. Hansel was my working horse in mana control department for months, but Zocc is being chosen for the job more often lately. Eventually, I will have a mana troop to support his charge in 9 tiles and I believe that will be it. :slight_smile:

And that can be REAL annoying in a battle.
:rofl:
The battle can go sideways due to Zocc.

Yeah. Good for you. Of course, 5 star heroes are generally better than 4 star heroes. The former have far better overall stats.

The points for consideration are, the food and feeder requirement maxing a legendary hero is approx twice as much maxing an epic hero. Moreover, you spend a total 8 shields and 6 tonics on Zocc, while you only spend 4 shields on Hansel. I’d rather max 2 Hansels than 1 Zocc, and spend the tonics on game changer heroes like Mother North, Alberich, etc. The total stats of 2 Hansels are far far better than 1 Zocc. Besides, epic heroes are far cheaper and quicker to ascend and max than a legendary one. The emblem expenditure for an epic hero takes only 1/3 of that of a legendary. And the best of all, Hansel is fast while Zocc is average, the latter needing to be supported with a level 23 mana troop (or a level 17 mana troop if emblemed to level 8 opting the mana bonus node). Still in the current meta, faster heroes are generally better.

1 Like

Zocc boosting mana for classes that resist is not always a bad thing. Say your enemy’s Rigard is about half full and you haven’t done your main debuffing and/or damaging at that point. Push him through with Zocc and he will waste his cleanse and heal on healthy allies; if the mindless attack does happen it’s a bonus, but it isn’t that important. Or, an enemy Joon is going to fire his blinding beam any time now, but you want it to hit while your Grazul/Vanda debuff protection is still on, or he still has attack down, or you want to get on with cleansing but you don’t want to wait for Joon to get his act together. There are, in short, times you actually want those guys to fire. Zocc gives you that flexibility.

Disclaimer: this is from observation, deduction and others’ experience. Sadly my Zocc is stuck at 1.1 for a while yet. (First Frigg turned up - no contest. Then the tough choice between Zocc and Chameleon - the lizard won, and is looking good so far. Then Phileas Fogg turned up as well. Nicer problems to have.)

p.s. Yes, Hansel rocks.

1 Like

Interesting strategy. As an attacker, I always target the most threatening enemy hero or one whose mana is full or near full that casting the special would be devastating.

But the thing is, that strategy you just have shared does not really work much against AI, who will cast their skills when the mana is full (except ninjas as they have an AI within an AI). They don’t have the enough intelligence when to hold off casting their skills like us when we do some attacks.

But that is the point. The attacker’s Zocc fills up the defending enemy’s mana, so they will cast in the round you want them to. They can’t do otherwise (unless, as you say, they’re ninjas).

I see your point. But I’d rather have a hero that kills instead of tickling the target. Besides, in my roster, I have 3 nature snipers maxed already (2 Liannas with costumes, each emblemed on sword path per version, and Greg, also emblemed). Badly wanted a fast solid AOE green legendary apart from my Eve.

That’s fair enough. A sniper he ain’t. Hitting stuff hard with no fancy effects has come back into fashion with the top levels of the Ninja Tower.

1 Like

I have finished all NTs released. My 2 Gazelles both maxed and emblemed, used in alternate, help me to accomplish it.

Nice. I totally envy you your Gazelles.

1 Like

Don’t. Got them separately in 2 10x pull when they were first released (I was still VC2P then buying small gem offers months prior just to get Panther, but that money spent could have been used to buy me a pair of jeans or 2 :rofl::rofl::rofl:), along with Chameleon who is still at 3/70. Back then, I really have little regard with them as their skill mechanics were new. Right now, the only Teltoc hero I am missing is Kong, but I don’t plan summoning there anymore, even with free coins, just to get him.

1 Like

Trade you my 4/80 Kong for one of your Gazelles? :money_mouth_face: :crazy_face:

1 Like

Hey, Kong has cleanse too you know.