The Valedictory of Jonah the Bard

Hello everyone,

I did an audit of my social media usage for the last 24 hours and saw that I read over 200 messages, not to mention hundreds of posts, which is now normal for me.
I have been thinking about what impact this has on my mental health and my children; I realized that I have not played a guitar for a year or read a novel for two years. I also noticed that my children now have to call for me four or five times before I notice them, I check my phone at night and in the morning, in church, in court and while I read bedtime stories.

I asked myself

• does this make me happier than I used to be? Does it reduce my stress and anxiety?Does it make me a good father?

The answer is no.

I have enjoyed many witty and clever conversations, made social arrangements and shared many, many funny GIFs. Unfortunately, I have come to the conclusion that this does not make up for the harm that my social media use causes and also that I cannot isolate the bad from the good.

I have seen so many of my dearest and closest friends and family struggle with mental ill health and I think that is only sensible to reduce our own vulnerability.

I have therefore decided to leave all social media apps and social games with immediate effect.

I thought about some kind of staged or partial reduction in use, but I have no confidence that this will be achievable and will encourage me to add just one more group or check for notifications just once more.

I’m really sorry if this causes any confusion or inconvenience.

In terms of the game, I have had the most stupendous time.

In a ratio of money spent to fun had, I am confident that I’m a contender for World Champion.

Thank you to everyone for your kind words, encouragement and friendship.

I hope my stories, poems and dictionary are enjoyed for many months to come.

Joel

Vale @JonahTheBard. RL vs Game Life
We got trashed at war
The Ridiculous Bragging thread
E&P General Chit Chat
Welcome our new moderators!
Heroes elementales

Good life @JonahTheBard and thanks for all you did for our community :cry:

@JonahTheBard - you shall be very much missed.
Wishing you all the best, dear Bard of the Empire.

The entire community of EP will miss you, you’ve been such an helpful person…

Good luck and best wishes
@JonahTheBard :slightly_smiling_face:

Your leaving is a great loss to this community, but I fully understand where you are coming from. May your road ahead lead only to good things.

Good luck @JonahTheBard and thank you for all your work with the forum and the game.

@JonahTheBard, you will be missed. You are a great help for players new and old and your witty comments even have me laughing at a screen.

Good luck to you with everything.

Real Life
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> (cut for brievity ) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Mobile MMO

Do what you have to do. Live long, enjoy life, be excellent to each other, party on dudes

You will be sorely missed.

Do what’s best for you and your family, thanks for all the fun you put up for us!

All the best and thank you for your hard work and all the great posts.

You will be missed, but I believe you will not regret one moment spent with your family. Best of luck to you, JB.

All the best and many thanks for your immense work for all the community!

God bless you, Jonah the Bard!! You have touched my heart and made this community a better place to be. May you continue to do the same in the real world!

It definitely gives me cause to reflect.

I have been guilty of playing E&P while singing bedtime songs to my kids.

Trying to offset by playing a little less and allowing my kids to play.

I SHOULD just cut the cord, myself.

I’m sad, I understand, I wish you only the best of luck.

Thank you for your fabulous contributions.

Love.

@JonahTheBard

Amazing how on what started as interesting debate with your children about what Kiril’s eye is doing in your Lesley-Annia days has turned into for this E&P Community, eh?

It takes a big person to admit he/she has issues with spending too much time on something that may be detrimental to what’s more important, and even bigger person to be able to put it down and walk away.

I appreciate what you have done with the forum in contents and moderation, your impact can not be described in small words. You will be missed. I wish you well and enjoy your time with your family.

Devastated to see you go, but I completely understand and support your motivations. Self, health, and family first.

All the best Lesley-annia, thank you for your way with words, your cheery nature, your ability to motivate the alliance, and calm the forum rabble.

It’s a sad day to be a Guardian. I’ll miss you.

Fare thee well wise Bard.
Thank you for all the joy.

Oh Cacofonix, you will be missed!!! It was a fun.

I’m very sad to see you go but family is the most important thing. Best of luck to you.