The Ridiculous Complaints thread

10.07 my time zone and trials not appeared yet! Boo!

Did you force quit and reopen?

It popped up eventually. In my poor country not even the trials don’t rush to come :joy:

3 Likes

I’d much rather have a drag out fist fight with Gunnar than take on my two Sonyas (mana charges simultaneously). Epic heroines.

This is a partially ridiculous but also somewhat legitimate complaint.

When I first started playing somewhere around a year ago, I was brought into a training alliance. Met some great people, learned a lot about the game, got promoted to leadership. Then TL;DR, drama happened, lots of original members left due to personal reasons and also over conflicts with some of the newer members, blah blah blah, I left to start my own small alliance.

In the beginning, it was great. Our newer members were small, but I taught them the basics; we went from 1* titans up to 5*, they progressed from sub 2k teams to now mostly over 3k (a few have even made platinum tier). Once we had enough members with 30 heroes, we started doing the wars. And we were doing well! Winning 60-80% of the time for quite a while. It was fun.

Now I don’t know if something in the matchmaking has changed recently or if it’s just really crap RNG, but in the past month or so, we’ve only been matched against teams with higher level players, deeper benches, higher TP. We’re now losing more than half of our wars in spite of us using all of our flags and our opponents leaving dozens of flags unused. :confused: It has gotten bad enough that my girlfriend (my sidekick, partner, best friend and most valued co-leader) has decided that she doesn’t want to participate in wars any longer. :frowning:

We took a vote and several others felt the same. After today’s war (which we are most likely going to lose), my alliance will be opting out of future wars. I used to enjoy the wars! But it’s hard to get excited when most of your alliance has pretty much decided that we’re going to lose no matter what we do before the war has even begun.

R.I.P. Alliance Wars. :cry:

5 Likes

Tldr, I am so lazy for this. Take a like, even I didn’t read it :rofl:

2 Likes

Okay here’s the TL;DR version: my alliance had a great run in AWs for a while, but now the matchmaking has gotten terrible and our recent opponents are too strong for us to beat. Enough of my members complained, I’ve decided I’m going to opt out from this point forward even though I used to love AWs.

EDIT: tried to make a joke thread to make light of what is a sad situation for me, but it was a swing and a miss. I’m 0 for 2 today. :man_shrugging:

Alright well hopefully everyone else has better success with their wars and stuff. I’m giving up for the day.

5 Likes

What I do if my alliance starts losing a bunch: we band together, and start winning.

I’ve found that to be the best morale booster to get out of the funk.

I hope that works!

No, no, that’s not it. We’ve always banded together. We use every flag every time. The last time we left any flags unused was when a member had a medical emergency and we suspended wars.

It’s not lack of effort, it’s the fact that our opponents are so much stronger than any of us and we have to use 5-6 flags to take them out while they’re able to one-shot us.

1 or 2 losses in a row, we can deal with. Especially after a long winning streak, we expect to eventually lose. Better luck next time! we always say. And usually we get a better match the next time.

But recently, I’d say in the past month or so, they’ve all been pretty horrible. Even the couple that we barely managed to win, we only won because the opponents were lazy and left half of their flags unused. Currently we’re in a funk that only seems to get worse and worse with every war.

The thing is, AWs have always been my thing. I’m the leader and it’s one of the parts of the game that I really enjoy. The rest of my alliance - mostly casuals with jobs and families who only play when they have some free time to kill. They only do the wars because I want them to. In the past, they were fine with it, because we won quite a few and they got some nice loot out of it. But they’ve taken precious time out of their busy days (and spent a lot of time leveling up 3* heroes that they otherwise have no use for) just for wars, and only because I wanted them to. It’s getting to a point where most of them don’t think it’s worth it anymore, and me - being a benevolent leader - have decided not to torture them further.

Just sad for me, because I was having fun before our matchmaking took an ugly turn. :persevere:

No, I mean really band together. Like a band.

My next advice is something I tell my alliance that I think should really help, and my alliance mates will back me up on this: you gotta want it.

If banding it together doesn’t work, and you want it, and it’s still not working, then it either means the game is broken, or your alliance is. Only two possibilities.

2 Likes

It’s literally impossible for us to beat some of our opponents. Believe me, I’m usually the biggest cheerleader, “you can do it!”, all of that nonsense. But when our team goes in and uses all of our flags, sending in hordes of 3* to take down the last 4k defense on the opponent team and we reset the board, and we all cheer because we just used our last flag and we’re up by 400 points… then a level 55 on the opponent team logs on and one-shots 6 of our teams in less than 10 minutes, scores 700 points, then logs off…

:neutral_face:

1 Like

@Kayo is trying to inject some levity (or levitation, you never know with him). Do you play the Glockenspiel perchance?

4 Likes

I have a complaint about one of the new heroes: Black Knight.

Black_Knight_-_Hero_Card

Here he is taunting us with “Just a flesh wound” when he clearly has all of his limbs intact. This is highly unacceptable. He should not be allowed to say “Just a flesh wound” until he has no arms.

This should be so obvious that I should not have to say it.

Also, his class should be Upper Middle Class Twit.

11 Likes

Hey @JoWee welcome.

Is that a complaint that the bots are legit or a complaint that they’re not?

1 Like

HOW COULD I HAVE BEEN SO BLIND AND/OR STUPID

SG have hidden the secret to victory right

Under

Our

Very

Noses

We called him ‘mad’, we called him ‘dangerous’

And the judge agreed.

But @kayo was right all along.

For hidden in plain sight, this revelation of strategy-shattering magnitude is now laid bare for all…

Screenshot_20190913-204839

So simple. So elegant. The path to infinite victory laid out on three simple words.

8 Likes

I’m so dumb I thought I was supposed to HELP the enemies and make friends with them :man_facepalming:t3:

1 Like

:roll_eyes: :laughing:

I’m going to assume some of the above comments were meant to be directed at me, as in “duhh, just kill the enemy, duh”

Not possibly applicable in my situation

But then I can’t really expect players with 5* teams to understand how difficult it is for 4* teams to try to compete with them.

2 Likes

I’d like to complain that SG immediately inserted many of us into top players without the growing pains of starting from scratch.

2 Likes

It’s all based on height. Top players hold their phones up much too high for us vertically-challenged players to crib off of.

4 Likes

If that were the case, I’d expect to hold a much higher ranking than I actually do, given that I’m 6’1…

4 Likes