The Ridiculous Complaints thread

You wuz brobbed!

Bombardment!

1 Like

Good Dam, SG. Halloween has been over for two weeks please change the loading screen back to Elena, ■■■■ and Layla. They are beautiful people to look at, unlike these uggo vampires

2 Likes

You’re entitled to your wrong opinion but ■■■■ is far superior. ■■■■ is the best

2 Likes

Please tell me we’re not all giggling like school boys over short form of Richard?! :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Stop being rediculous! Or should I say rerichardulous!

6 Likes

We are much more maturer than that. We would never laugh over such things :rofl: :joy: :laughing:

5 Likes

I certainly am

Bombardment!

Melendor is Tolkien all over, and not Rowling.

Melen-dor.

Melen is derived from mellon, Sindarin for friend.

dor is derived from the Elvish suffix for hard dry land.

So it’s Melendor = friend of hard dry land. Basically just another name that refers to a farmer, like Charles.

If Rowling had her way, Melendor would be named Charles Cupsweater or something.

3 Likes

< putting on my Tolkienologist’s hat >

There’s no “Elvis suffix for hard dry land”, at least in Tolkien … and if Mellon was intended, why on earth misspell it?

There’s “ndor”, meaning “land, country” (see The Letters of J R R Tolkien, #230).

And there’s “Endor” (< “ened ndor”), meaning “Middle Earth”.

Even if it had been “Mellondor”, it would mean “friend-land”. (“land of friends”? “friendly land”?)

But I guess a possible Tolkienesque reading could be “Mel-Endor”, presumably meaning “Beloved Middle-Earth”.

9 Likes

< Tips his hat respectfully in the presence of vastly superior knowledge >

I may have read some stuff on some websites through my eyelashes to come up with that, I admit. :wink:

So, you do at least agree that his name -is- a reference to Tolkien and not Rowling?

It could be a Tolkien reference. It needn’t be. I don’t think the word exists in Tolkien’s writings, although I could be wrong. Neither I nor the web has it all indexed.

I’m not really familiar with Rowling, sorry. But it’s my impression her characters tend to have pretty mundane names – of English, French, German, Latin, or Greek origin – and Melendor is certainly not that!

1 Like

I’m tired of the people that complain about the people that complain about the complainers.

I’m also annoyed at the people that are ridiculously belligerent about the odds not working out in their favor and blasting SG for giving exactly what is promised

I don’t like that I can’t go into game settings and select god mode or type IDDQD and get the glowing eyes.

I don’t like that I can’t bribe SG to just give me gems by doing illicit things for their development staff

I don’t like that this game economy mirrors the real world economy where the rich get richer and the poor still have a fighting chance… oh, wait… no that’s not a complaint. That’s good.

wanders off

1 Like

I heard Rowling is panned by critics as being “not canonical”

And that the young blood is waiting for those critics to die so that she can be inducted into canon.

Honestly I dislike that there IS a “canon” because historically, everything had been an incestuous mishmash of plagiarized rehashed nonsense that somebody made up one time.

I said it somewhere else, but Melendor is very similar sounding to Mithrandir. Aaaand given that plus their similarity in appearance, I have decreed that he is indeed Gandalf :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’ve seen “Melandor” show up as name on a bottle of german pinot noir, so who knows :crazy_face:

I suspect even that is made up. :slight_smile:

… but I’ve also seen “Melandor” as a misspelling of “Melander”, which is a mundane enough surname of German origin and Greek derivation. :wink:

1 Like

My latest complaint is about the weather and in particular how it snows. The snow stays on steep roofs of stronghold etc but there is none on the flat roofs of iron storage. Don’t say they have wasted resources and heated those roofs instead of giving the locals some warm clothes…

4 Likes

I also would like to talk with the scientists and engineers that built the invisible, heat insulation force field making it possible to grow crops and plants during the winter, also under 0 Celsius. :wink:

1 Like

hot springs… that is why there is so little snow on top of the mountain…

2 Likes

Hot water circulated under the pavement explains no snow on pathways, but I doubt that’s enough for crops. The top of the plants can be ca 0.5-1m from ground level, requiring a hell of a heating to protect from freezing. Maybe there is also a hidden vulcano somewhere?