The REAL problem here

Jordan, please don’t “rage-post”. Thank you.

What you consider whining is exactly what your post just did. You whined about whiners. Good job.

I happen to like the game very much and I fully support the development team. They frequently listen to players and address concerns properly.

Sure, there are players who don’t voice their opinions in a positive way (look in the mirror ), but feedback is feedback.

In short, get off of your high-horse please.

2 Likes

@Imprimere, Rage isn’t exactly the emotion I would use to describe the feeling running through @Jordan_WJLC’s post. Incredulity, yes. Exasperation, yes. But rage? Just don’t see it. And judging from the number of ‘hearts’ received, it seems many other players share the same sentiment. That being said, I enjoy the game, as you do. Good Luck and may the RNG gods smile in your direction. :smiley:

3 Likes

I agree because this game is completely fair compared to any other mobile game. Everything is okay to win in games like these but not on E&P. Love this game even though I’ll prob never get 4 trap tools I’ll still be playing waiting and using other heroes.

1 Like

It’s just because you’re not the one who loses € 300, without hotm, while you see how free players have 4. Saying that is fair is an insult to reason. And no, this forum is not normal, free players are part of the community of a game, but not even as you say here, without you the game is smaller, instead of a million, it has 500 thousand, but it works the same, without payers, big or small, there is no game. What happens here is anything but fair, and on top of that, the free players constantly dare to call weepers to the payers, who are paying them the game, it is shameful.

2 Likes

Of course it isn’t fair, but like many others on this forum, you’re making the mistake taking a VERY extreme case and preaching it like it’s the norm, which is completely misleading. The vast majority of f2p players never see ANY 5*, hotm or otherwise (until TC20). On the flipside, MOST p2p players have at least 1 5*, usually more, including a hotm or two, if they’ve been playing a while.

I feel sorry for those few p2p players with terrible luck, I really do. I think we all do, because we all want each other to have good pulls and enjoy the game. But to take these individual cases and boast them as normal is simply false.

5 Likes

I have had a grand total of 4 epic hero tokens in 2 months, and one of them was the guaranteed reward from season 1. Even with that scenario where I haven’t added any new keepers to my roster in that time, I’ve still been roadblocked by ascension materials. So I do laugh at people claiming that HotM are raining from the sky via tokens (but maybe it’s because I am not F2P but C2P… I’d need a tinfoil hat to go there, and sadly I am all out of foil).

I sympathize with those that feel like they’ve been ripped off (but not if they keep paying and complaining), but would they feel any better if they had a stack of heroes they couldn’t ascend? I’m guessing not.

IDK, it seems that it’s more normal than not from what I’ve been reading on here. More $ guarantees nothing although, the promise of maybe is always present. So what are the odds of getting a really good hero? So, I can just tell you my odds from the coins and any money spent, getting anything higher than a mediocre 4* has been about .01%. Now those are odds worth betting on! Call it what you will, but I agree with anyone who may be frustrated by these types of odds and for those of you who have wonderful ascended teams, maybe you forgot the struggle of climbing up the ladder, but its not as much fun as you remember. This is just my opinion, so it is what it is.

Ahahahah…I like this game too, but i don’t like injustice.

Soooo…
Now I’m super totally confused about this now. Totally conflicted.
Okay so if I’m clear …
People are pumping “X” amount of real dollars into their game accounts but NOT getting what they expected to pay for? That’s messed up! That ALONE makes me adamant about putting any money into my Google games account in the future for gems and/or whatever… Secondly, referring to gamers of Empires and Puzzles as “cheap” is pretty condescending in a back-handed “bitter” kind of way… It’s sorta off-handedly insulting. It’s clearly a free to play game and any money you invest into your endeavors is completely by your own choice and at your own discreation and whatever problems you received in doing so is not at all the free player’s fault. But BTW TBH Thanks for the heads up in advance so I can avoid those same disappointments in the future. And lastly it gravely sounds like that by the time any player gets to the “WAR!” milestone of the game… EVERYONE encounters a critical data CRASH overload or some “genius” game player who can stunt and hack the defensive drive to counter their stats to the MAX EXPONENTIALLY and WIN! by cheating… At least this is what it sounds like to me​:skull_and_crossbones::grimacing::confused:
:v::innocent::sparkling_heart:
P S: I have NOT experienced any troubles or dissatisfaction with the collection, earning or aquiring of rare Ascension materials… actually I am barely at Level 12 and have successfully ASCENDED several heroes albeit not to their full potential, but to at least the next lowest Ascension level… Like from level 1 to Level 2… I have even ascended like 1* heroes​:person_facepalming::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: but whatevs’ it’s not like I wasted a boatload on 1* heroes I just fed 'em away​:innocent::speak_no_evil::hear_no_evil::see_no_evil: But I learned better than to waste my time on them… But irregardless, I have not been unlucky in the aquiring of ascended materials in battles and chance… Actually I have a SURPLUS of training goods and accoutrements for leveling up heroes. I got them all from the replaying of Provinces…not once…not twice…but like MULTIPLE times.

I believe you misunderstand “cheap”. As part of the phrase “cheap to play” (C2P) it completes a triad of F2P/C2P/P2W (free to play, cheap to play, pay to win).

I refer to myself as C2P, not in any way condescending. It just describes how much money I use on this game: More than nothing (F2P), but not enough to compete with the big spenders (P2W).

4 Likes

@Jordan_WJLC completely understand. It is hard to find things on here sometimes because there is so much complaining. Or you walk into a topic and it gets really depressing. Plenty of good and great stuff here too! As well people! I actually find more disappointment in the chat rooms in the game itself - some just messed up people and groups of people on there (and it has nothing to do with complaining about the game lol). I’ll confess to doing some complaining myself in the beginning because I had entered an arena I had no idea I was getting into! Then I just made the choice I’m going to play this game i like it.

@DannyLinguini some good points. I can understand complaining going through the roof when it comes to money and virtually losing it to chance is the reason there will be no lessening of that kind of complaining on here, its just human nature. Some people can NOT help themselves in this regard.

I went through a period of PC game playing - very specifically games that provided SDK’s to create your own levels of the game and share them with other players. This basically allowed the game(s) to have INFINITE play. Not the one & Done that most system games have (PS/XB, etc). The cost however was the game itself and potential add-on’s, ya know like $100 for unlimited playing to my desire alone or with others. One of the greatest things about it was the creativity it allowed and more importantly the SKILL you had to develop to be good. You may have a bad day here and there but if you were skilled, chance rarely brought you down. I stopped playing games for a really long time after spending too much time doing that.

I installed phone games now and again and a lot of times they would crash, screw up my phone etc so took a long break again. Then here it comes… I was satisfied with a free version of Mahjong on my phone for those moments I needed a fix and Song Pop because everyone wanted to play it with me (it was this later one that I really noticed you could pay to play stuff either quicker or to your own taste). Anyway I found Empires & Puzzles via an ad playing Mahjong of all things.

I love Empires & Puzzles - I’ve gotten others into it. However I had no idea how much $ could be spent, truly that is limited only to what you have access to! I don’t need to go into anything more on that. Point is that in the past it was limited - you shell out some money up front, maybe pay for some extensions and add-ons and you were set. Not so in the phone gaming industry. Anyway the mobility of the game is great (well they all have that) - that’s what is great about this market. The display size sucks - that’s the big trade off!

Anyway not sure where the heck i was taking this, just wanted to say something about it. Oh yeah!!! I had no intention nor any idea that i was getting into something that cost what many would consider an enormous amount of money for a game - through a free games ad! Sure you can say don’t spend any $ then - yeah that’s not being competitive nor curious for one and secondly if you like a game and don’t pay anything - that is a shame really. I chose to spend $ to support something I enjoy and by doing so I have chosen not to spend money in other areas I used to.

My point is what happened to having a fixed fee for a game and then paying for add-on’s if you really wanted them (and that was the only way you could get them) - that model worked to make developers and companies rich (when they go lucky) or they made a living of it - it’s obviously LONG gone? Too bad, to me that was a WIN-WIN for the workers/dreamers and the players.

In that scenario anyone could try before you buy - so you ensured it was your flavor. It was the people that paid for the game who enabled the developers/software company to create the next version that would please the players into the future and by making those improvements new players would join in. Lastly there wasn’t even the concept of high degrees of randomness for a “chance” that you might get this or that?!

This smart-phone platform definitely provides many pathways to abuse from kids to adults - in the end that’s just where it and we are.

I may regret responding in this post lol. If i offended anyone - totally didn’t mean to. I had no intention of complaining at all when I started reading this post. And l believe that’s what ended up happening. If you hang around the barber shop long enough, your hair is going to get cut! We all have opinions and rarely are 2 the same. I’ve played free games too - It’s what brought me to this one - yet that game just offered me the opportunity to add on more levels if I wanted to pay for them (and if I had - it certainly wasn’t going to randomly give me 1 of the 50 levels and send the other 49 to the others that were still choosing to play for free).

Razor

2 Likes

Its not fair that you are Whining too and getting in one topic likes more than I recived over my staying here :sob:

1 Like

Hey there my friend! It would be a wonderful world if life was fair, eh? Or would it? lol. Empires-and-Puzzles-Ameonna

1 Like

Its enough for me that you are FAIR my friend even if life was never fair.
All my respect bro :+1:

2 Likes

Situation rectified, the active players discussed it, one of the members started a new Alliance and posted the name so the rest of us could migrate. So far so good, only problem now is getting new recruits, at this point we have about 12 very active players and looking for more so that’s one problem solved. :+1:

3 Likes