The raid defence heroes used by top alliance members

I was inspired by the wisdom of Suzanne0905 on the thread: Too many Heroes?

My response was to start making counts of the heroes used in raid defences. Sometimes heroes are used twice by the same member to effect that costume Alasie can be used 32 times amongst 30 members.

Seven Days Ascended
purp
Baset3; (c) Freya3; (c) Guardian Panther*; Hulda*; Khonshu*; Killhare*; Xnolphod22;
yel
(c) Drake Fong
; Faline4; Horus; Kullervo2; Odin; Prof.Lidenbrock*; Rhys5;
blue
(c) Alasie
32; Crystalis*; (c) Krampus*; Morel*; Mr.Pengi2; Sobek5;
green
Arco*; El Naddaha24; Frigg7; (c) Kadilen*, Liu Bei*; Quenell*; Vainamoinen*;
red
Asterius; (c) Guardian Kong5; Khufu13; Oceanus; Octros4; Ruby2;

-Quantum Knights-[OKS]
purp
Baset2; Dark Lord; Diaochan2; (c) Freya; (c) Guardian Panther2; Hulda; Khonshu2; Ludwig2; Penolite*; Xnolphod20;
yel
Faline
4; Horus4; Kullervo5; Rhys*; (c) White Rabbit2; Wolfgang;
blue
Aino*; (c) Alasie20; Crystalis; (c) Finley*; (c) Krampus3; Milena; Morel3; Sobek4; Tethys3;
green
Arco
; El Naddaha21; Frigg4; Guan Yu2; Iku-Turso2; (c) Kadilen2, Liu Bei3; (c) Mother North*; Quenell3;
red
Asterius
; Black Knight*; El Duque2; Hypnos; (c) Guardian Kong4; Khufu4; Lewena3; (c) Marjana; Oceanus*; Octros2; Ruby2;

So these are raid defence heroes. What are the go-tos for attack?

I’ll look to add listings from other top alliances when I can =D.

9 Likes

I was just thinking about how titan mafia used to track this and I miss it. This is good info! Thank you. Helps to answer questions about which heroes are most valuable.

2 Likes

my goto attack strategy includes a bottle of vaseline OR options in watch tower to revenge.

Really though I use the same team, 2x Anzogh, Wilbur, quartz and I’ll mix the last one between Nyx, Seshat, ursena, or grimble… But most of these it is Nyx unless if a taunt then Seshat.

1 Like

Next instalment (currently up at rank #2)

+Greek Frappe+
purp
AgrafenaĂ—1; AlfrikeĂ—1; BasetĂ—2; Dr.MoreauĂ—1; FreyaĂ—1; (c) Guardian PantherĂ—3; KhepriĂ—1; LouhiĂ—2; LudwigĂ—2; XnolphodĂ—19;
yel
FalineĂ—6; HorusĂ—5; KullervoĂ—4; OdinĂ—1; PenoliteĂ—2; RhysĂ—1; (c) White RabbitĂ—1; WolfgangĂ—1; ZekenaĂ—2;
blue
(c) AlasieĂ—14; GaillardĂ—1; (c) KrampusĂ—1; (c) MagniĂ—1; (c) Master LepusĂ—2; MorelĂ—10; SobekĂ—4; TethysĂ—2;
green
El NaddahaĂ—7; FriggĂ—13; (c) KadilenĂ—6; QuenellĂ—6; VainamoinenĂ—1;
red
El DuqueĂ—2; GarnetĂ—1; (c) Guardian KongĂ—2; KhufuĂ—3; LewenaĂ—5; (c) MarjanaĂ—1; OctrosĂ—5; RubyĂ—1; ZimkithaĂ—1;

Greg, I am quite honored that my simple words inspired such great information! You’re too kind, giving me credit! I thank you.

1 Like

Sorry, I meant to write Gerg! Autocorrect thinks you’re Greg though lol!

Draerius, you are fortunate to have pulled Nyx! Can you talk a bit about the special?

The special is fun, early in the battle I hold it to see how things are unfolding but usually if I can fire a 1x with both Anzogh and Wilbur almost everything is dead, maybe a couple bulky heroes or something with rogue evade to clean up. Then all you need is to ghost 3 tiles and boom another special.

If I can get a 2x charge with Anzoghs, everything gets wiped out at once. It is fairly difficult to do with the power of higher defenses so I often find I am firing 1x special.

If things are going poorly, Wilbur is dead, but I can fire up nyx I still ah e a defense down at 2x and 3x charge so then I try to wait for at least 2x charge or if I really need to gamble a comeback go for the 3x…

I have seen with defense debuff from Wilbur and quartz attack up Nyx hitting a single remaining target as high as 700 with the 1x charge

And autocorrect, on this occasion, happens to be right =D

I’d also been thinking that there were too many Heroes and I found it interesting to see the potential scale of the redundancy. Xnolphod and costume Alasie make an odd couple (or trio as they sometimes work out :thinking:).

1 Like

So, the rankings are now topped by another couple of alliances. Here are the heroes that their members use in their raid defence teams:

The (A)vengers

purp
BasetĂ—1; BeraĂ—1; (c) FreyaĂ—1; (c) Guardian PantherĂ—8; HuldaĂ—1; LouhiĂ—1; Lu BuĂ—1; LudwigĂ—1; NarcisaĂ—1; XnolphodĂ—18;
yel
FalineĂ—2; HorusĂ—; KaraĂ—1; KullervoĂ—2; MalinĂ—1; MotegaĂ—1; PenoliteĂ—1; RhysĂ—2; SifĂ—5; (c) White RabbitĂ—1; WolfgangĂ—1; Zhang FeiĂ—2; Zhuge LiangĂ—1;
blue
(c) AlasieĂ—26; Cao CaoĂ—1; EsmeĂ—1; FinleyĂ—1; MilenaĂ—2; MorelĂ—2; Mr.PengiĂ—2; SobekĂ—2; TethysĂ—1;
green
El NaddahaĂ—16; FriggĂ—3; (c) KadilenĂ—1, Liu BeiĂ—3; QuenellĂ—3;
red
CleaverĂ—2; EmilioĂ—1; El DuqueĂ—2; HypnosĂ—1; (c) Guardian KongĂ—5; KhufuĂ—15; OctrosĂ—1;

The Fighting Squirrels (rainbow[ish] defence teams of 29/30 members)

purp
AgrafenaĂ—4; BasetĂ—1; (c) FreyaĂ—1; (c) Guardian PantherĂ—3; LouhiĂ—2; NarcisaĂ—1; XnolphodĂ—22;
yel
EloiseĂ—1; FalineĂ—2; HorusĂ—3; InariĂ—1; KullervoĂ—6; MalinĂ—1; MotegaĂ—1; OdinĂ—1; PapyrosĂ—1; Prof.LidenbrockĂ—; RhysĂ—1; (c) SifĂ—1; WolfgangĂ—3; ZekenaĂ—4;
blue
(c) AlasieĂ—10; Cao CaoĂ—1; (c) FinleyĂ—1; (c) KrampusĂ—1; (c) Master LepusĂ—4; MilenaĂ—2; MorelĂ—4; SobekĂ—7;
green
El NaddahaĂ—14; FriggĂ—2; Iku-TursoĂ—1; (c) JadeĂ—1; QuenellĂ—10; ToxicandraĂ—1; VainamoinenĂ—5; WinifredĂ—1;
red
AsteriusĂ—1; CleaverĂ—1; ElizabethĂ—1; El DuqueĂ—1; (c) GravemakerĂ—1; (c) Guardian KongĂ—3; KhufuĂ—10; LewenaĂ—1; OceanusĂ—5; OctrosĂ—1; RubyĂ—1;

2 Likes

A lot of time has passed since Sept 22 and top alliances are using new heroes.
Those used by by members of the currently top-ranking alliance, IYA * GD * YAS, are:

purp
Acidfire Ă—5, c Bera, Darkfeather Ă—8, Farrah Ă—2, Phorcys Ă—14, Shacklebolt, Xie Zi Jing Ă—11.
yel
Christine Daae, Cleopatra, Constance, Shaal Ă—2, Vaishali Ă—12.
blue
Chang’e ×17, Fizzcoil ×3, Nautica ×2, ×, Nine-Headed Beast ×2 (once doubled), Starwalker ×3, Timius ×9.
green
Desmond, Ferrus, Myoin-ni Ă—2, Prince Siegfried, Qinglong, Quinn, Relius, Sha Wujing Ă—21, (inc. doubled twice), Smarttontue.
red
Gestalt Ă—2, Hathor Ă—15, Lodius, Pepperflame Ă—8, (once doubled).

It’s been a while, but I’ve previously made two consecutive posts just above. I’d appreciate a reply to enable me to personally add further to this thread, whenever that may be.

5 Likes

I appreciate it. I like to know the defense teams of the top alliances as it’s essentially evidence of the top heroes. There is more variety than I was expecting.

Do you have notes on what tank color they use or which heroes appear as tank?

1 Like

np Ruskin,
From what I remember from watching videos by GlitterWes and others, tank colours among top alliances are typically purple or varied.
I think a lot may also depend on which purple heroes that alliance members have. The tanks we used in our last skelly minions war were: Alfrike, Aeron, c2 Domitia, Rigard Ă—2, Mora, Tibertus, Uthragan Ă—3, Shehat, c Sheshat, Miriam and Midnight, Khaghan,

1 Like

Here’s a tank breakdown

: YA * GD * YAS (still in top spot in alliance rankings)
purp: c Bera, Phorcys Ă—2,
yellow: c Guinevere, Shaal Ă—2, Vaishali Ă—8,
blue: Chang’e ×2, Nautica, Olbec, Timius,
green: Myoin-ni, Prince Siegfried, Relius,
red: Hathor Ă—7, Lodius,

: Seven Days Departed
purp: Ludwig, Xie Zi Jing,
yellow: Shaal, Vaishali Ă—6, c Vivica Ă—2,
blue: Chang’e ×3, Grimsteel, Nautica ×3, Olbec, Timius,
green: Gestalt, Myoin-ni,
red: Hathor Ă—8, Lodius, Sparklight,

: * Arpecc… * (Russian)
purp:, Ludwig, Phorcys,
yellow: Furdinand, Livia, Shaal, Vaishali Ă—5,
blue: Chang’e ×2, Nautica ×5, Satori,
green: Myoin-ni, Relius, Sha Wujing, Villiers,
red: Hathor Ă—7, Lodius, Pepperflame, Sparklight, Ukkonen,

Among 90 top alliance players, there are only 7 purple tank defences, which surprised me.

1 Like

I’m not sure if there are exact stats, but is this the most diversity we’ve seen at tank at the top ever?

1 Like

Not all top alliances players give attention to raid defense.
More accurate test is to monitor top players.
Even better if you only look at offline players.

Doing this you will see that many of the top ranked use the same formula:

Tank who gives the team lots of buffs (usually Hathor, c.Hathor, Nautica, Vaishali) charging the accompanying 2-3 w3k heroes (sha, scorpion lady and chang’e. Sometimes Erlang shen). Taking advantage of the ridiculous w3k passive.

The fifth member is a goblin, phorcys or an owl.
(and probably we will start to see the new gargoyle here and there)

It’s not uniform as GTV but there is obviously a META defence.

1 Like

Here’s a great example
That player was inactive for 7 days while getting to global 1 soley by this defence

1 Like