The proposal to add a catapult in war

Hi. I have a proposal to add a catapult to the war. Besides 6 war flags. One catapult attack should be added. The alliance leader should have it. An attack would inflict 500 hp of damage on the chosen enemy. A catapult strike could weaken a strong opponent. The enemy would have a chance to heal during the raid (with the help of heroes). If he had characters from the little hp, they would have died. What do you think of this idea? If you like, vote.

Catapulta

It would be more interesting if catapult will shot once (leader can chose when) per war and will kill 3 random enemy teams

This will add some interesting strategies for weaker alliances

2 Likes

We should be able to load the catapult with unwanted heroes and shot them into the battlefield to watch them explode! Should be nice with Friar Tuck!

7 Likes

The catapult was shooting randomly at the target :smiley:

How about, we can catapult any one of the other Alliances teams out of the War Arena altogether? They cannot attack once catapulted and cannot be attacked. Put a big red circle with a line through them. Enemy boards would be reset without taking out the catapulted team. This would encourage likely catapult victims to attack early before being catapulted and make for a more dynamic war early.

I mean as long as we’re just spit balling :slight_smile:

1 Like

I find this idea to be interesting as a whole, but I must caution against one aspect of it vehemently. No one should have the ability to “Remove” a member from war. The thing of this is that if anyone is willing to place their team on the line it is because they are willing to participate in war. Creating a scenario where someone can choose to remove a team and make them a “Catapult Victim” is not only patently unfair it actually does penalize someone for having a life outside of E&P. This will result in very upset players and likely trigger extreme and very justified anger in both catapult victims and alliances who suffer from this result.

In short I like most of the ideas here, but adding an ability to remove any person from war entirely is an absolute negative from my perspective.

As for the other ideas as long as the only thing it does is damage to a single team or strikes 3 teams at random (including potentially striking damaged teams) I think it could be interesting to explore, but it might be a pain in the behind to code something like this too.

6 Likes

The idea seems interesting to me.it introduces a new mechanics and Something new.The question now is do you think that eliminating the enemy should give you points?

If you are referring to the elimination of a defensive team from the field via catapult for points I would say that is debatable, personally I would think no since no player versus defense occurred, but that could be discussed further.

If you are referring to something else please clarify your question since elimination of a defensive team is not the same as removing someone from war, which I remain against in entirety.

I’d like it more if it served a role opposite of arrows or the other modifiers.

For example one can take a catapult on a battle, and it acts just like an arrow attack only then for the attacking team.

Or they can bring health packs to use field aid on offense.

Or banners to act as attack boost.

If it would be worked out, I’d like to see a system where everyone can contribute healing potions, and when 50 pots are contributed, one member can attack with field aid on his side.

For the other modifiers they would have to contribute arrows and axes and banners.

Now it would require some mechanical polishing because some teams might get a huge advantage when they are stocked up and you have to implement a system who decides who gets the booster, but in a nutshell this is what I’d like personally.

I dont really like the idea of a free catapult just gimping some random or chosen team.

1 Like

Just imagine losing a war because the catapult of your alliance hit weaker teams while the enemy catapult hit strong ones gaining more points. We have way more randomness in this game already than we should. We dont need another random factor IMO. I like the idea of some kind of strategic weapon but pls no more random stuff.

1 Like

The catapult would work on both sides. I think it would give an advantage to the weaker alliance. When the opponent would be stronger. New tactics. Mechanics should be easy to use the new catapult flag(One flag per alliance). It would be helpful to use it for a reset. The target should be chosen.It only took 500 dmg on impact. Even after hitting the strongest opponent. You had to invade him.He would be able to heal with his Heroes during the fight.

What do you mean by 500 dmg? 500 dmg to all heroes of that team? Or just one random? Or split across all heroes? My idea is that the leader could use 3 special attacks in every war. One of them could be this catapult to weaken lets say the tank of a given team. The other two would be debuffs that can be cast once on a chosen enemy team. The first should be - 20% attack and the other - 10% mana generation. These debuffs would disappear if the target team is taken out and it respawns after its timer but it would remain if the team respawns because of a complete board flip. That would encourage people to go for flips instead of picking of the weaker teams over and over again

I think this system is simple. One attack in the selected squad. So 500 dmg is all heroes of this squad. In low wars, the weapon will be smashed because it will blow up a whole squad. In harder wars where there are characters, 5* will only weaken the squad.The mechanics should simply be as easy to implement as possible.Your ideas are great, but I think it should be simple of course it’s just my opinion.

As I mentioned elsewhere, you are very innovative! But that’s not mine. :rofl:

1 Like

Why a catapult? Doesn’t everyone here know that Trebuchets are the superior Siege Engine???

5 Likes

Dunno if mentioned but I’d actually like this as another War thing to go with Arrow attacks. When the counter is full it flings a rock that does X damage at a random person in your attack.

Plus @Guvnor we all know the Roman Ballista was the best Siege weapon ever used

*blocked* for spouting such nonsense…

But wars are not a siege …

If anything raids are.

Instead of 500 damage, it could be 50% HP of the attacked squad. That way, it would weaken a clean squad, or finish an already damaged squad. And to make it more strategic, the use of the catapult will give less points or no points at all (that way, its use could be to clean the board or to help weaker squads to attack and gain some points, but the alliance will lose some points).

And what if the catapult is unlockable per used war energy? Let’s say you can use the catapult twice per war, once when the alliance has used half of war energy, and once again when 80% of war energy is used.

But you can also leave 3 strongest teams and then use catapult, that makes catapult no RNG but fully tactical