The New FTP Strategy

Me neither and I extend that to having summoned in the CF portals, BF, SS, etc. Unless one appeals to me in SE or FS they are hardly ever a sure thing.

I was SUPER pumped for CF2 because I literally had zero heroes from it. 6 summons netted me 4 new heroes on 6 summons + a HotM. Overall, very good. I would summon CF2 again in a heartbeat even having some heroes now.

The reason I enjoy BF and SS is access to season heroes. I have beat seasons 1-3, am over halfway on 4, and hate farming. I do some farming, but not at the level to be getting summons from farmed coins after beating stages. Since my odds of getting season heroes from seasons I have beaten are essentially nothing then, this gives me a chance. The season portals on seasons I have beaten were notoriously cruel to me. Lots of opportunity there for me.

If I had better season luck or farmed more I may feel different.

Last time I farmed enough coins for an S2 summon I got my first Muggy. I was happy. :+1: They released him after I already beat S2 and summoned.

I donā€™t have a ton of experience playing with them. Last CF2 I got Noril and Maeve. They are both unleveled still.

• Maeve seems great for that big D drop at the 3* level. That is a rare ability in purple. Similar to Treevil, with emblems and LB, which some cheap on 3ā€™s, she can play above her class too.

• Noril I guess hits hard. Couldnā€™t say. People like him in tournies.

• I also got Orla and am almost done leveling her. She is just now getting somewhat usable (4-54). I lover her mana slow to 3. Arguably more effective than Lianna costume. It seems their passive and special going off allow them to stack quickly, so if theyā€™re slow theyā€™re not slow long. Have high hopes for Orla to be useful and I think she will be.

:beers:

2 Likes

I think that is their main draw with free healing and mana. If not for PvP, at least for maps it could add up. But then I have none, so canā€™t say that for certain.

1 Like

Iā€™ll save my curent summons until fated summons go live, but thatā€™s as far as Iā€™m willing to go about summoning strategy. As f2p, I never bothered much about summons, always pulled as soon as I had enough for the active portals. Never saved gems for 10 pulls, used gems for tourney buy backs and roster space. Even bought raid flasks from the store for 100 gems a couple of times :blush: Pulls were never my priority, I understood luck comes and goes and unless you are prepared to pay for an overwhelming number of summons, your chances of getting key heroes are slim to noneā€¦worked fine for me, as I mastered a decent roster over four years. Of course, over time, SG found it oportune to nerf some of my best heroes, usually shortly after I ascended / blemed / broken them, but, hey, thatā€™s bussiness as usual around here.

2 Likes

Thanks guys for all the insights, Iā€™m out of likesā€¦geez, do I need to become a regular just to start liking more posts?!

Good thread :100: Food for thought.

I think I would be too impatient, only being able to run a single TC for feeders though - I want to level my heroes. :thinking: But, if you do not have any heroes to level, I can totally see why that makes sense in relation to SE. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey, TC camps are a kind of summon, right?! It should count towards the Fated Summons. :smile:

2 Likes

LOL

You guessed right @Gwniver, I have absolutely no heroes to level (Can you see how desperate I am @Muchacho ??!)

Just check out these feeders that are waiting to be used in my spare TC that isnā€™t being 20ā€™d

2 Likes

My goodness! You can spoil your new heroes instantly!

1 Like

By the way, does anyone have any idea when fated summons will go live?

2 Likes

Probably end of the month or in a week-ish

2 Likes

Nice thread.
I agree with most of the above, butā€¦
Iā€™d stop my summons if the hotm wonā€™t fit my roster. Most of the portals will come around in a few months, to me It could be worth the waiting.
About TC I started this Summer 3 TC20 to get SE feeders, 4th TC was backpacks and HA running 4 and 6 (2* and 3* troops). I ended up I couldnā€™t cope with the demand of recruits, so I switched TC2 to TC11, but this way I was way too slow maxing heroes, so I cut a TC20 for a TC2. For referente, I started maxing Esme early August, finished last week; started maxing asterius late August, now at 4.60 (on color feed).
Iā€™d run 3 TC20 only if you have no project to work on, and Iā€™d do some maths checking how many recruits/food do I need Daily/weekly to run the desired setup.

About CF vs BF, Iā€™d lean towards CF, because to me the heroes included are more useful with a cheaper price. BF portal is great, but the pool of heroes is enormous, and I like to have ā€œmore controlā€ on the odds. Again, I suggest do some maths about the odds of walking away satisfied vs being frustrated.

4 Likes

I agree. I will also stop summoning when I get a HoTM, because I donā€™t want to get copies of one hero.

If somebody doesnā€™t have many heroes from CFII then they should do at least one 10-summon. With one 10-summon I got 7 new heroes, but Iā€™m not sure if I want to do another 10-summon there. Thatā€™s why Iā€™m going to do two 10-summons in BF as I donā€™t have 15 rare and 43 epic heroes. Iā€™m curious how many new heroes I will get from 20 summons.

4 Likes

I am still have not received an answer for this from @heive or @Petri .

We also do not know what will happen if I am 80/100 and a new list comes out. I hope it will not reset to 0/100.

2 Likes

My guess is, it will take quite a while for the list to refresh. It was writen somewhere, that if someone gets all the heroes from the list, theyā€™ll have to wait until the list refreshes. Now thereā€™s lots of heroes on that list, weā€™re talking thousands of pulls there, thatā€™s gonna take a while, even for big spenders. My wild guess would be it will refresh once or twice a year.

absolutely. go for the portals in months with good HotMs and great featured heroes. I may have been picky with epic hero and troop tokens but the same applies as with gems.
good to save them 'til the offers suit.

I also look at the heroes that other players consider valuable.

Iā€™ll be interested to see if thereā€™s a change in the popularity of Xnolphod now that heā€™s been nerfed.

2 Likes

the only thing I picked on as well, was the cheapest portal bit. I would not use gem price as the sole deciding factor.

other than that, seems solid and thanks for sharing and initiating this discussion @FrenziedEye !

2 Likes

I only have Noril and Maeve myself. so far have been using them in challenge events and rush tourneys. they are quite good there.

1 Like

except tarlak, for titan, rest are probably gonna be obsolete (if they arenā€™t already). maybe skadi (war) and rata (titan), but i can live without them.

1 Like

CF heros are nice, I donā€™t want to be interpreted otherwise. But I got very lucky the first Slayers portal and got Noril, Maeve, and the 4* red fiend summoner whose name Iā€™m blanking on at the moment. Also pulled Marcel from Starfall. So since 5* are rare anyway, Iā€™m thinking I can best expand my roster via the Black Friday sale rather than CF2 ā€“ but CF2 is a good choice, canā€™t dispute it.

Also, I should note ā€“ a 10-pull is still pretty unlikely to cough anything really good up. Even two 10-pulls Iā€™m less than 50% likely to get even one 5*.

1 Like

Lol I get the distinct feeling you and I are two very different types of FTP - most of the non classics in the fated summon would likely improve my roster LOL

If they do nothing for you, you must be at a crazy FTP level mate

6 Likes

Butā€¦ As I dont have Franz, should I summon now and try get him and improve all my event scores significally? Or wait for Fated summon and another portalā€¦ CoK again in 4 monthsā€¦

1 Like