The New FTP Strategy

Bertulf is only a 3*, so may have trouble to survive against bigger titans.
Sergey is slow to charge (and helping with pots is for him expensive)

3 Likes

yes, agree, that’s why I specified I only face up to 6* Titans. those facing stronger titans might think differently

although, Tarlak is average with base charge 10 tiles, if I am right Sergei’s magic 2x charge takes 12 tiles, so the difference is not super big? but I agree that Sergei is still more expensive re mana pots

3 Likes

There is also a great thread from @Guvnor

Not done with Rat, but I think his benefit is situational. Basically Ranvir and Wu do big damage in high risk, high reward. Someone like Tarlak can average out ahead by simply not missing. This also prolongs survivability by misses causing failure to stun.

:beers:

3 Likes

Last time I was faced with this dilemma, I went CF2. I think it was the best decision for me, and I highly recommend it. This time, I have most of the 3s and 4s in both CF portals, so I’ll probably opt for BF.

I have used both of the 3s to great effect in the relevant rarity tournament. I haven’t leveled Cillian yet, but I’m almost done with Orla. I’m expecting her to be good. They do take a bit to get the stacks going, but once they do, look out. And they get a chance for a stack every turn, I think, so it’s not as bad as someone like Jarvur or Mireweave that only stacks on specials. I can’t speak to the 5s, though.

Mine is just behind yours at 4^42. All ranger emblems are being hoarded for Tahir right now, though, so it will be a while before I have her truly ready. Let me know if you gain any insight on cool ways to use her.

This is always a consideration for me. I kinda wanted to go after the CoK portal this time, but the current HotM looks like trash, and the Fated Summon counter won’t go live until next week, so I’m holding off. I will get 2 more coins for finishing rare CoK, so I might go ahead and do that summon for the heck of it. Would love to grab Aderyn for a purple three-star healer. Chances are about 12.5% or something.

A lot of folks will be hacked off if that happens.

3 Likes

Same for both of these reasons. I’m glad that Rayne is the featured hero because, while he is good, he doesn’t have the appeal that Ludwig or some of the others have for me.

2 Likes

As F2p majority for your pulls will come from other things - keys, coins, tokens.
Diamonds are luxory remember you plan to have many heroes i see running tc 20’s ha 10 expand your roster to comfort zone say over 330ish :). Sometimes it might be worth pulling singles with diamonds, 10x yeah can save you some in long run but portal must be very good with no s1 heroes also the chest preferable emblems etc. F2p knows well …

2 Likes

Rayne is not featured. He (edit: she?) is just ‘on the poster’. There are no feater heroes in CoK portal.

3 Likes

You are right-I didn’t realize CoK doesn’t have a featured hero. Thanks. The summon page definitely says, “featured.” They should probably clarify that!

2 Likes

Slayers are underrated. I absolutely love them. I have Senan, Cilian and Aodhan maxed. Both 4* are emblemed and LB.

Their specialls aren’t crazy good but their main streght are stacks. With 3 slayers in team they get full stacks quickly and then they are hard to kill and are fast. Senan + Aodhan (or double Aodhan) is great against heavy healing teams/minion teams.

5* Slayers don’t even need emblems if you have 3 Slayers for full family bonus.

3 Likes

Even the most hoardingest of FTP players would be lucky to get a set like that in the seemingly random grab that is Black Friday. :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

You are right, if someone want Slayers then CF2 is better portal for this.

4 Likes

Yeah, Black Friday looks good for players who don’t want anything specific, which could suit many FTP players just fine. We don’t typically have many non-S1 heroes and there won’t be much risk of duplicates.

IF there is a good (or thereabouts) HotM in November, this could be one to go for.

3 Likes

plus midnight cat and goopy

3 Likes

i recommend 3x tc20.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve been doing that LOL, cheers

3 Likes

When you pull, would be great if you add your data =D

5 Likes

I am still out of likes which is cray cray but I should also note that, if SG buff Telluria decently (which they BETTER), that may impact my decision too - it would make me less inclined to go for Rat, even if it’s not exactly a fair comparison.

I’d prefer a 5* healer of each colour and Tell would kind of tick that off. Atm Tell is like half a healer.

1 Like

overall is 5%. just soulstone food. trying not to get my space occupied till then.

2 Likes

I would consider seasonal portals:

The probability for a seasonal 5* is 1.5% compared to the 1% of other portals.
The cost is 300 gems/2600 for a 10 pull.
Kalevala, Morlovia and Christmas have very good heroes. Hopefully Springvale and Sandempire get reworked.
Happy gaming

3 Likes

I’ve just added in Step 6b…claiming the free weekly rewards from the shop (given the recent announcement)…

5 Likes