The Most Middle of the Road 5* Hero

I’ve gotten to the point where I have trouble thinking about a hero as a stand-alone thing. Joon is okay, but Jackal+Joon is amazing. Marjana is less good because she doesn’t synergize with Falcon as well.

6 Likes

Why doesn’t she synchronize with Falcon as well? Is it because she doesn’t hit quite as hard? I’d say they do a pretty good job together.

Different mana speed. Joon and Jackal synergize well because Jackal is very fast - the elemental debuff before Joon strikes.

4 Likes

I would say Richard, Leonidas, Domitia.
None of these is best tank, best sniper, best buffer/debuffer… But you still smile if they appear in your TC20.

5 Likes

Vote for Richard. Useful but not great.

1 Like

I hadn’t thought of Gregorian. I don’t have him, so maybe he’s better behind the scenes, but, man, that dude feels average when I go against him.

2 Likes

Well, of the heroes I have (mainly TC20’s) I find Elena probably the most middle of the road. Yeah her special can be pretty devastating (AOE damage PLUS counterpunch) but slow mana means half the time she doesn’t get it fired. I just pulled Obakan so he’s 1/1 but looking at his stats he could be quite middling too. No Thorne but I find Quintus the lowest of my low.

I also find Thorne among the more troublesome when raiding so I’d probably put him more middling than bottom now.

For 4* I’d say Melendor is pretty middling. Not my first, second, or third choice for 4* healer.

My vote would go to Vivica. For a long time she was considered the best 5* healer (well amongst the vanilla hero she was the only 5* healer). But over time, and with power creep, she is losing her lustre. In the slow healer category, Kunchen has better stats and his defense down affects the board state more effectively, while Alby and Mother North have the gambit of reviving fallen heroes.
Vivica imo isn’t even the best yellow healer…

1 Like

I have Viv and Leo at 3.60. I was saving my darts for Joon and got him 3 weeks ago.

Viv is on my raid team, and when paired with fully ascended Alberich, is a beast when she fires. I raid in low diamond high platinum, so I was actually toying with giving her the darts over Joon. However, just reading your post, I’m reconsidering my strategy…

1 Like

Ah, ok…I see. I suppose you could get a high enough mana troop on Falcon to get him to FAST.

Alas, you can only ever shave one tile, not two. But that would help.

My vote goes to Gregorian.

Cant say he is good nor is he bad.
Avg mana / Sniper / Critical buff (good for titans and mediocre for everything else).

For any of you who puts Lianna as a middle of the road hero, you must be mad. She is the ultimate sniper with ranger talent. I gave her 4 nodes and none to Alasie.

7 Likes

I feel like Alasie would have been a better option to give your ranger talents to instead of Lianna simply because of her splash ability.

1 Like

Well splash is only for the mana slow.

Damage wise, Lianna is still the best. I prefer a guaranteed kill since I pair her with Evelyn.

Alasie does not have a defense/color debuffer with the same speed.

Hence, I chose Lianna.

2 Likes

I would have to say from my maxed line up
Average performers on offence would be:
Vivica, Marjana, Gregorion and Onatel (Yes I said Onatel). I find my self only using them in wars or tripple stack against a tank

2 Likes

I find onatel very average too. I’m never afraid of her. She frequently fires her special multiple times against me and I still win.

2 Likes

Arthur: He was above average until Frida knocked him off his throne.
Khiona: On paper she looks great. But on offense she almost never gets hit enough to make her buff useful, and on defense she dies to quickly too. If her special lasted longer or was fast mana, she’d be great. But as it is, I actually prefer Domitia over her.
Gregorian: Moderate mana makes him only a moderate hero. His special is just not special enough to make him great, just OK.

2 Likes

I would put my vote on Khiona. Her special attack damage is weak and her attack buff only last 3 turns. She is most useful in a dark stack against yellow because of her life-link, and her attack buff may sync with other dark heroes as well. Other than this I never use her at all, absolutely not game changing in a rainbow/ weak color stack team.

As for Gregorion, I find him really bad, somewhere between mediocre-poor. His average mana means I have to put him behind all fast sniper including Sartana and Marjana. His special IMO is worse than Alasie even if he is fast mana. His crit is barely noticeable. When I pair him with Evelyn, it is always frustrating to wait for him to charge up, and even with that combo, some 5* will not die. Many times I wish I have Lianna instead so I will not face such problems. Even on defence, he don’t pose that much problem because he is slow to charge up. Definitely one of the worst sniper in game.

3 Likes

My first thought was Marjana and I see I’ve been beaten to it lol. She’s good but not great. I’d say she’s very perfectly middle of the road. It’s an easy decision to max her with nothing better to do but she’s not exciting like Gravemaker. I don’t even use her on green titans because Scarlett has a much higher attack stat and the other spots are obviously boldtusk, Wilbur, falcon and Wu Kong. I skimmed through and saw a bunch of people mention Leonidas or Richard. Gotta say I disagree that they’re average, middle of the road heroes due to the fact that they’re bad lol

1 Like

The question here is simple. Do you need a 5* healer and if so do you have any alternatives. I actually find emblemed Rigard more useful raiding in Diamond because of the current meta of Guin tank with Gravemaker as flank. His medium speed mana is a huge difference between being able to cleanse or half your team being wiped out. You will however likely not bring Vivica in your raid team against Guin. This is a classic example of the meta game altering the value of a hero. However, if Kunchen tanks gets even more popular, her stock my rise once again.
Joon on the other hand is still powerful despite the power creep. There is still lots of debate as to whether he, or Poiseidon is the better yellow sniper.

1 Like