The lurking danger

Just out of curiosity, how often does it happen to you to get revenged by people that are no longer in your watch tower list? The list holds the last 50 fights, so, usually somewhere between 24 and 48 hours for me… If I decide someone is worth revenging, I usually do that as soon as I need to fill-up my chest. I guess some either wait for a better cup ratio (I also do that on occasions, when the cup ratio is impossibly bad, like 10 / 51 and the enemy has some really dangerous defensive set-up, but how often does that happen? once a month, maybe?), or they don’t get online too often, that would explain it, wouldn’t it?

1 Like

It happens to me occasionally @Ian487, I believe it’s players who reached a high level and only sign on occasionally.
I imagine some are waiting for a better cup ratio, like you mentioned, but not many.
It could also be players that have bought the raid shields, or somehow manage to ALWAYS be playing? That one I don’t get? Had 1 guy I tried to revenge, at all hours for almost a week but he was always playing? I wouldn’t think that possible.

2 Likes

I also get that from time to time. I’ve had teams I unsuccessfully tried to avenge until they went out of the watch tower, but they always seemed to be online. As for raid shields, they are not very common practice. I barely meet a few of them so far, even if I re-roll quite a lot looking for targets. I guess some guys really farm a lot. Supposedly some other players say that about me, as I also tend to stay online a lot :rofl: Well, not all the time, but still a lot.

2 Likes

Lol, I’m on quite a bit too @Ian487 but you can sure to get me between 11pm-5am. Also occasionally when I’m actually working :wink:

1 Like

this happens to me pretty frequently. I raid a lot. it is my favorite chest to fill so I fast forward every raid chest I get and normally fill three per day.

Because of that, people move out of my watchtower quickly. This is also why I have to revenge fast before they are moved out of the que

2 Likes

Yea I get the worthwhile ones. Like you said the -10/+50 raids aren’t worth it in any way shape or form.
I try to gain at least 15-20cups and prefer the +40/-10 although they become progressively harder to find.

1 Like

I dont ever pay attention to cups but I do pay attention to how much iron or ham I can win. I usually scroll through all my options and take revenge on the good ones and leave the rest for later. I’ll come back and check again later to see if any of them give me more ham or iron. I frequently take revenge on people at the very bottom of my watchtower.

@Ian487, I’ve barely raided at all this month (read, “not at all”), therefore I have revenge opportunities going back 26 days.

If I hit the last guy, surely it will be a great surprise to him—as I’m sure he’s long since cleaned out his Tower—but he’s still in my Tower. :wink:

4 Likes

But didn’t you get raided meanwhile? 26 days back means you got raided less than twice a day…

1 Like

I never do that… never even notice this aspect. I raid for fun. What I pay attention to is the enemy team. If I consider the team a challenge worth taking, I even disregard the cup ratio at times. And also I never re-roll a familiar name. Sometimes I go re-rolling dozens of times paying attention to nothing else but the player’s names. I only attack if I’m lucky enough to encounter a “sacred monster” :slightly_smiling_face: This week I got an opportunity to fight Crystal Palace’s JimMe, 4470 defense, Ursena tank, level 30 mana troops. He hasn’t come looking for revenge so far…

1 Like

I could show you the list, but then i’d have to kill you… :grin:

(sooper sekrit summary)

2 - 26 days ago
1 - 25 days ago
3 - 23 days ago
1 - 22 days ago
1 - 21 days ago
2 - 20 days ago
1 - 18 days ago
3 - 17 days ago (including “Fluffy”! :grin:)
2 - 16 days ago
3 - 14 days ago
13 - 13 days ago (I revenged here)
4 - 12 days ago
1 - 11 days ago
1 - 9 days ago
1 - 8 days ago
1 - 7 days ago
3 - 5 days ago
3 - 4 days ago
2 - 2 days ago
2 - 2 days ago

50 wins/losses in raid tower

2 Likes

At least I’d die happy :rofl:
Seriously, I don’t need to look at your list to believe you, I don’t doubt your word, I’ve read things a lot more difficult to believe here :wink:

P.S. Hey!!! Who’s Fluffy?!

2 Likes

I have no time for fun lol. I need ham and iron!!! If I’m being honest tho I raid for fun too. The difference is that I find raiding, in general, fun so I just make sure it’s worth it in the ham and iron department. And I also never skip over a familiar name. I wish I ran into familiar names more often but I know the chances of that are low.

I’m usually around 2500-2600 in cups so I see a ton of monster teams when I start to fill my chest. Im not that interested in a challenge because I’d rather fill my chest as quickly as possible. I tend to skip over the 4400 teams, that is, unless they have a ton of iron and ham.

Actually raiding in diamond doesn’t seem very active unless you are as well. I sit around 2500 without raiding. I spent days not attacking anyone thinking that I would just revenge hit. Hah! No one attacked me. If I want to fill my tower all I have to do is make a push close to 2700 and my tower gets active again.
So yeah, it’s really easy to hold on to old revenge opportunities.

Yes, definitely getting crowded around 2700. I’m also hoovering around 2500 but I get attacked like 4 or 5 times a day…

1 Like

Me and you will likely meet one day I imagine @Ian487. Be gentle on me :pray:

Are you kidding?! :grin:

1 Like

No worries, this is the only place where a beating does not hurt. I should know, I get beaten all the time :wink:

1 Like