The lighter side of being in lockdown

I didn’t make this, but I can relate :slight_smile:

28 Likes

I’ve worked at home for over 4 years so there’s been 0 impact for me. Except watching my hubby and daughter go to work each day and worry about them because they’re in a job that can’t translate to work-from-home :confounded:

So, from a veteran work-from-homer, here’s some tips:

1. Wear those day jammies and slippers proudly! If someone in your household complains it’s only because they’re jealous :grin:
  2. Women - Underwire… sports… doesn’t matter. Any form is from the mind of a sadistic being (male, female… doesn’t matter) and should not be allowed on this planet. This is your house and you make the rules. Who cares if the doorbell rings? Proudly answer that door braless and sign for that TP you ordered off Amazon weeks ago.
  3. On a serious note, one of your best pieces of office equipment is a wireless headset. Get one with a long range so you can do the laundry or run to the bathroom during long conference calls. A mute button is also preferable for the last action :laughing:
  4. To keep some semblance of an office environment, those of you with pets can put them to work. I have designated my dog as my receptionist as he announces when someone rings the doorbell. My cat is my secretary/office manager as he regularly tries to lay on my keyboard and update my schedule. They typically don’t ask for much pay - just a few treats and some love :heart:

To everyone out there, working from home is a big adjustment. Enjoy it while you can, especially if you have kids. I know they will get rambunctious being cooped up, but how often do you get the opportunity to spend this much time with them? Hopefully, this will pass by us soon and life will get back to normal. Until then, enjoy and stay safe (while wearing those jammies proudly!) :relaxed:

19 Likes

hahahaha!!! That made me laugh so hard! #TrueStatement for my life too lol

3 Likes

I mean, I’m GenX - we invented self-quarantine. Of course for us though it was ANTI-social distancing lol

6 Likes

20,000,000 hahahahas

1 Like

Love this!! Thanks for the tips. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I say this in no way of making light of the plight that our Italian friends currently have to endure with their daily lives.

But an article came across the other day that because of the lock down to the country, the decrease of tourists have allowed the waterways in Venice to clear up and show some signs of wildlife returning and visible from the streets (like shoals of fish, crabs, water fowls and dolphins). I’ve never been to Italy before, and I’ve always wanted to try to visit Venice (before the city sinks further into the waters) once for the gondolas and listening to some barcarolle from the gondoliers while travelling the canal (you know, tourist pictures, movies, anime, etc.). I find it fascinating how even though the lockdown has not been in force for very long, nature has already found its way of reclamation amongst men-made structures.

13 Likes

My husband and I get to see what it will be like when he retires in a few years…after a week, I’ve decided he needs to keep working! :rofl::rofl:
And we need better WiFi…

19 Likes

whatever MPS you are getting, it is cut in half when turned into wifi. for example, if you were getting 40MPS, it would be only 20MPS on your phone if you were using the wifi. :slight_smile: just thought i’d say that. lol. I got a brother who works for the internet company is the only reason i know that

1 Like

18 Likes

Some people will find their second career as a stand up comedian after all this is over.

16 Likes

…Only some people…

10 Likes

Ahhh. Only a few likes left for the day and it’s only 3pm!!

@zephyr1 maybe they can lift the limits during these trying times. :rofl::rofl:

13 Likes

I actually took the liberty of not shaving at all.

Normally my beard grows very slowly, so instead of a nice masculine female-magnet facial hair after not shaving for 3 days, I look like a pig’s ■■■. So I have to shave daily to maintain any level of social interaction.

Now I’m experimenting if given long enough time, I can grow a nice extended goatee.

So far, 10 days later, it’s still pig’s ■■■.

9 Likes

One of these days in our cities…

HugePossibleBarasingha-small

9 Likes

I’m the same. I can barely grow a goatee, because the hair almost won’t cover the entire area needed for it to be a goatee. But hey, maybe after all this we will finally join the ranks of the bearded man-club!

3 Likes

You have every box ticked for trust level 3 except you’re 3k posts short of the 20k reading requirement.

Pull your finger out and get it done, Math.

Then you can waste time ‘liking’ stuff

8 Likes

Here she comes. Here comes speed reader.

I may have taken a few liberties on that intro.

11 Likes

Limits are in place to keep your Likes 6 feet/2 meters away from everyone at all times. :face_with_monocle:

19 Likes

Yeah… don’t let the Copyright Lawyer see that… he’s already erased almost all the E&P heroes at least once :wink:

8 Likes