The lighter side of being in lockdown

While in no way minimizing the terrible situation we all find ourselves in with Covid19, can we also find some small benefits/humorous asides of being socially isolated and/or in lockdown?

I’ll start… being at home means we females can wear comfortable old bras instead of the underwire ones we wear to work! Is there a male equivalent to that one?

15 Likes

My contribution!

Being able to spend more time with the Fur-Babies! Doggo loves the extra company even if the Cat is completely nonchalant about it all

11 Likes

True freedom is none at all!

12 Likes

Best I have in response to that is sweatpants

9 Likes

I’m wondering if by working from home more people are going to really dislike getting back to the commute, the office crunch, the restrictive hours, etc etc

Enjoy it while you can!

4 Likes

My extroverted husband is becoming restless. Apparently he craves more than just my company :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

It’s not the best if you’re still wearing pants

11 Likes

Instead of the thong you wear to work?

5 Likes

The hair salons have closed. We are all going to look a little scruffy soon.

7 Likes

I’ve somehow found a girlfriend from all those long late night talks on messenger, even if we live in the same city.

8 Likes

I can finally start moving toward checking all those Steam games from bundles I accumulated so far and never really checked…

Plus not wasting 2 hours on my commute & preparation daily is really precious. Normally I would have to wake up 5:15 AM to start my work at 7, now I wake up 6:40 :wink:

8 Likes

@voidstrike what do you think about this?!

Oh there’s your response. Lol

4 Likes

I was with a guy I was dating when “quarantine” started. Four days ago he became my official boyfriend.

And we drink wine every night. Lots of panic buying, but there was enough alcohol left :wink:

7 Likes

I’ve definitely been living the workout lifestyle… yogapants4lyfe.

4 Likes

a boon for me is catching up on reading books! i swear i’m already onto my 5th book this year, which is great since i want to cut down on my laptop screentime as my job has me working remotely (and about half an hour longer each day at that, boo!)
ofc it’s also way easier now to sneak in some cheeky E&P game sessions, too :wink:

11 Likes

I gave that up years ago. Got tired if the flossing feeling.

6 Likes

Freedom is bliss, :rofl:

Although my work won’t stop our days are a bit shorter down to about 6 to 8hrs per day from the normally 12hrs plus, so my extra time is spent working around the house getting odd jobs done and spending more time with the kids who are also home now and do their schooling though an online site.

These changes we all have to make will become basically a new way of life for at least 6 months.

Families need to find new and different ways to make money during that time to survive.

One thing that has become a topic in our area is bartering amoungst friends, neighbors and locals to help each other out.

I hope everyone stays strong and works together the help each other through these hard times and most of all follow all the distancing rules put in place to end this sooner rather than later.

3 Likes

:rofl: the first thing i thought of when i saw this.

I live in the country, and am already Homeschooled. lol. this Corona virus isn’t effecting my home life any at all.

9 Likes

I also enjoy that my physical meetings have turned into calls. I can tune out a bit when the bosses begin their endless cycle of debating over small things like to schedule a meeting for 30 minutes or only for 15 minutes because “we need to keep people feeling connected” versus “we need to be efficient, some of us are taking care of kids/parents/pets/plants while working at home”

Being a male, I DO enjoy:

1. Not having to shave every day - or even every week
  2. Not having to wear ties (OK, i didn’t have to do that before the quarantine, but still. I HATE TIES)
  3. Not having to wear shoes while working. I love me my slippers
13 Likes