The hype about Khufu

that is fair, and you are correct that Khufu should not be viewed in a vacuum. If I see Mother North, she takes priority over Khufu. Milena is another one I would prioritize over Khufu. If I think carefully, I would probably have another 1-2 heroes I would also prioritize over Khufu.

That said: I raid in low Diamond, unlike you I do not spend a lot on the game and have a fairly limited roster, so to keep my sanity I cup drop. so thankfully the number of all-OP-hero defenses I encounter is fairly low.

So let’s say Khufu is still near the top of my threat list, and I - very gratefully - rarely have to fight defenses with 5 Khufu-level OP heroes. I would probably have quit the game by now if so.

1 Like

Reposte is the one that is the most effective against him. One of them dance and dodge heroes in the right spot can disrupt the strategy as well. If I am fighting against that C. Boril, I usually bring 2 dispellers and keep at least one locked and loaded in case Boril goes off before I fire Khufu. Of course, I have faced Khufu too and in those cases keep an extra healer on hand and make sure they are ready to heal.

How do you heal your dead heroes after Khufu goes off? I was just wiped out by him with my LB+20 cAriel and Kara… And these are above average tanky heroes

He doesn’t wipeout the entire team. Mine is level 75 and about half way through emblems and there are times when he fires and it barely makes a dent.
I’ve fought against similarly leveled Khufu and they usually leave my team at around 1/3 health give or take.

or course its because in both instances the opposing team has heroes with proper synergies and decent defense.

You mean those Khufu you fought were not maxed LB+20? I’ve never fought other than that…

The dodges work if you can get them off in time. Blind also works fairly well. The biggest issue with him, as far as I’m concerned, isn’t just his gross damage, it’s that he leaves DoT for 300+ additional HP, as well. That’s what makes him truly OP. And the question isn’t necessarily can I put together a team that can beat him. Sure, everyone can. I don’t see that as the point, though.

2 Likes

If he doesn’t kill you outright with that blast, the nasty stench of the sandstorm will kill you.

No. I have fought them that were maxed but not limit broken. various stages of emblems. they aren’t unbeatable. Even if they hit you they wont always kill your team IF you bring good defensive heroes.

In my opinion if you don’t have counters in place for Khufu, like backpacks, minions, counterattack, Taunt.
Then quite simply you need to learn to improve your attack team selection and stop blaming Khufu.
If you don’t have the correct attack team, then you are hitting above your weight and should expect to lose.
Either way the problem is not with Khufu, i don’t think i have lost to him even one time.

Here is a vid of some more recent Heroes, Anne, Miriam and Midnight.

I let Anne hit me after Ilmarinen, i was wincing thinking it was going to kill my entire team… It barely even removed the backpacks.

2 Likes

You had minions, plus overheal. Of course you weren’t in any danger. Your “experiment” was also flawed due to having nothing but paywall heroes as an attack team, many of which who are considered cream of the crop from their respective portals. Try that same thing with heroes from seasons 1 or 2.

2 Likes

You’re one of those “I don’t understand why are people complaining about inflation, sure it’s just 7%, but it’s nothing more than slightly cutting back on expenditure”, all while barely making it people/player simply don’t have the means to deal with it.

1 Like

Khufu is a paywalled hero, and you need other paywalled heros to deal with it. I don’t see there is too big issue with that.

Funny thing is when Khufu was first buffed to 450% dmg, I said he is too strong, people argue with me that “chain dmg is worst type in the game so he deserves the high dmg”

Now, with all the newer heros and power creeps, Khufu has been far less popular in top defense, people keep crying for nerfs.

1 Like

When are we going to get a hero who breaks the chain?

Its not Khufu alone, but the team composition.
There are too many heroes which combined with Khufu will result in a more than deadly defense. Some examples:

Kalo-Khufu-Bastet-Anne-Sobek.

El Naddaha-Khufu-Xnolphod-costumed Roc-costumed Lepus

Quenell-Khufu-costumed Sif-Morel-Liu Bu

And many more combinations with W3K heroes….

If you concentrate on Khufu, the others will kill you, if you pick the others first, Khufu gets you.

Khufu is the epitome of power creep!

Happy gaming

3 Likes

Exactly this :disappointed_relieved:. I loathe facing Khufu in a well crafted, can’t recover fast enough defense.

Breaking chains has ready been done, ghosts like Lughaidh and ameonna can do that. Park them in the middle to minimise chain damage

Lol love your happy gaming sign off, but a bit hard to be happy when I see those defences with Khufu LOL

Cheers

That would break the chain, if you time their special right. But both are not really fit to fight a top class degence with Khufu, its like playing with 4 heroes.
With 4 you have only slightly less power, but dont need to time the special. :smile:
But in earnest, we need a decent hero, whos‘ passive would block a damage chaining. That would be a good counter to Khufu on offense.

Happy gaming

1 Like

I mean c ammeona has some utility and lughaidh maybe too slow. But this is a still a counter against chaining heroes nevertheless

As far as that goes, you could just put a hero in that you know will die quickly…

Not really a good idea and not what I meant. But I’ll give you that I wasn’t super specific about it.