These might interest you

1 Like

@mrslam23; I have shifted your thread to one of teh ones suggested by @aer3

Another thread that is of interest in this vein is:

2 Likes

Thanks! Guess I should have searched a bit better :grimacing:

Thatā€™s exactly my core-raid-trio! :wink:

1 Like

The engine run in every raid I go throughā€¦and with a little of a Telly taste to slow down the enemies engine too, youā€™ve got the job done! :love_you_gesture:

Brother from another mother! :wink: or all great minds think alikeā€¦
So do you still switch one out with stacking yellow or red? I sometimes switch Ariel out for Delilah against Kunchen, but I miss the cleanse and it messes up the mana machine. I almost always play 3-2 in war and raid tournament, but 3-1-1 or even 2-1-1-1 in raids because of The Trio (Alby, Hel, Ariel)

Gunnar and GunnarC

Brienne and BrienneC

Onatel and Little John. I absolutely love this combo and if you can fire it, itā€™s a win.

It works because their specials stack; Little John reduces Mana gen by 64% for everyone for 3 rounds. Onatel reduces another 25% round 1 and increases it from there for three of the opposition.

By round 2, you could send cascades of tiles into the opponent and they get nothing for Mana (and very little round 1). Further, Onatel self-recharges over the four rounds, and they both deal direct damage to the opposition.

Yes, LJ is slowā€¦but thatā€™s going to improve shortly with his costume, some emblems and a good mana troop giving him a boost there. In challenge events, though, you can use Mana potions to get it rolling, and it stops any boss set on legendary dead in itā€™s tracks in the events. And rush attack tourneys with 5* itā€™s one of the more powerful combos you can bring there, especially on defense.

Though Iā€™d love to round it out with a Proteus. Maybe this weekend ā€¦

So @mrslam23ā€¦Hi ā€œbrotherā€! :joy:
I never give up to my mana-engine:
1 - Against Guinevere: Mana Engine + 2 Seshats for the manacut resistance and Wocky/C Rigard (depending on the flanks)
2 - Against Kunchen: Mana Engine + 2 high emblemed Jackals (speed is the key) and Joon
3 - Against Telly: Mana Engine + Telly/19 (fight fire with fire) + Kingston/18 (+4% of mana for greens too and the engine is gonna roar!) + Vela/19 (for all the GMs around); I never stack red against the new monster, 'cause going neutral with this combo still grants me a 70% of win ratioā€¦it works for me at least! :sweat_smile:
4 - Against Ursena: SAME; I never stack yellow, bombing her with every blue/green tile I find to make her fire once, and then turn on the engine!
5 - Against BK: SAME + Seshat/18 instead of Kingston for dispelling
6 - Against Aegir? :joy: :joy: :joy:ā€¦LOL
Generally my strategy in raids is to focus more on the flanks than on the tank :wink:

1 Like

I was reading that, and I just kept thinking ā€œthis sounds like a pretty elaborate way to DIY a proteusā€¦ā€ :smiley:

Yeah, and I wish I had Proteus, but I do think the direct damage vs. the poison damage as well as the idea that Onatel will self-recharge to keep it going at least partially regardless of tile colors gives it a different vibe.

But Iā€™d love to add Proteus to the mix. I have Miki as well, so those 4 together if you can get around the Mana requirements would be fun.

Nice sumup!

1. Against Guinever I bring Mana engine+Hel and add Panther and Seshat. Two Seshats would be definitely better than one, but I donā€™t have that. Even when purple tiles are rare, the buildup for Seshat is enough to snipe out Guinevere eventually. My loss percentage to Guinevere tanks is very low
  2. Kunchen: Mana engine+Hel and Drake/Joon. This I still need to tweak, because my win/loss is probably the worst of this list. So I sometimes bring Delilah as mentioned, but that messes up the engine and I also lose my cleanse to counter the def-down from Kunchen. Vivica is too slow, and going without a healer is a bit scary, only relying on the moderate heal from Alby. Come to think of it, I may ditch Hel the next time for another yellow sniper. Poseidon is in the works, but a second Joon, or even Jackal could do the job.
  3. Telluria: I may have been lucky with boards up until now, but mana engine+Hel and then GM and JF has been working for me. I like how you mix things up by going green on her, wouldnā€™t have thought of that.
    4: Ursena: Mana engine+Hel and blue. Alasie + Frida is my staple here. And then laughing at the yellow riposteā€¦I normally canā€™t stop Ursena shooting her special, or the board was full of purple and Hel stopped her, but usually I need to time Arielā€™s special a bit more specific
    5: BK: Same as against Ursena, and Fridaā€™s dispel comes extra handy here
    6: Aegir: Mana engine+Hel, + Evelyn and Kingston. Stack green and dispel by Evelyn.

I would say that nicely covers the most difficult tanks!

3 Likes

Sif + Delilah have excellent synergy

Same color + Same mana charging speed. (The combination of these two factors is more important than they are when individually considered. No wastage of time with mana charging.)

Both help one another survive. (Once they get going, they are actually a tough combo to break)

Both help put on passive attack. (Minions + Riposte)

Even when the remaining 3 in my yellow stack is down, I still win most of the times as long as these two are alive AND as long as the remaining enemy heroes are snipers or AOE hittersā€¦ :joy:

Sif-BK-Margo

Mana + survival

Jean-FranƧois + Wu Kong Costume
Poseidon + Lady Woolerton

what else?

3 Likes

JF + several Springvale heroes

1 Like

Grazul + mysteryo I hear (blocks ailments but hey can still send them back)

1 Like

Enemy Malosi + Wu Kong Costume or several Springvale heroes. Weird synergy.

1 Like

Onatel + Zocc will charge Onatels mana

2 Likes

BK + Elena (or any riposte heroes).