THE HATTER.....game play, immune enemies, 5* 1.1 or 4.80?

I had an abundance of shields so I took him up to 3-70. He definitely slots into the “utility” role but what he does, he does it great. His attack hits hard enough and there are many instances where he totally flipped the table in raids/AW for me. I use him against Ares, Aegir, and Boril and he can be a game changer. Not sure I want to spend tonics on him but I’m very happy I took him to 3-70.

2 Likes

Hatter is a very hard hitter, with 360% with minor nearby. Against the right team (one that has important buffs) Hatter is a very powerful foe. First choice green? No; your first few heroes of a color should have broad uses. The popularity of buff-casting heroes seems to be going up, though, so I look forward to bringing my Hatter against the Aegirs/Boss Wolves/Ares that I’m seeing more often. Sure, Zeline and others can dispel thise buffs, but so much nicer to steal them.

3 Likes

I love Hatter. He is a regular fixture on my offense teams, using him on the rare unicorn was a blast and he is far more durable than melandor or caedmon.

I go Eve, Greg, Buddy, Hatter, eve2 on mono most of the time. deadly combo.

3 Likes

oooooh, I like the mono green :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I would like to thank those of you who are using Aegir tanks more frequently since the buff.

Or… rather… Hatter thanks you…

MUAHAHAHA

No, like, seriously… I had 4 heroes near death… Hatter discharged, killed Aegir and I just sat back for a few turns ghosting tiles while my team made it back to full health. Full.

Also? Alby? I am intentionally triggering him to steal his buffs.

Hatter isn’t OP, but it still makes some matches quite one-sided and lessens some of the risk of straight mono.

5 Likes

That’s the thing… with hatter, you don’t need dispellers. If you must, say, bring a melandor… use him for the healing and cast hatter first.

He is one of my favorite, deals major damage with evelyn, and that buff steal, that’s what I call fun

3 Likes

Well. Now the cat’s out of the bag :slight_smile:
Or should I say the dormouse is out of the teapot.

2 Likes

I want to max hatter and I believe he’ll get better in time, seeing heroes like Poseidon in defenses more (can you imagine stealing Poseidons buff right before their Hel fires… glorious)… , Ariel, Aegir, Alby, Zim… all great heroes to steal from… I just want to max Morgan also and I can’t decide… I need more tonics. haha.

1 Like

Tonics are in such short supply. Have two and have been at two for ages…since before Wonderland.

Have Morgan at 3-70 but she is behind Hatter in line even though he is just entering 3rd tier. The buff stealing seems so insanely good and he hits reasonably hard.

This discussion is making me question my tonic receivers even more…

Tarlak
Zeline
Evelyn
Albie
Hatter

Who to? I got 11, so which 2?

1 Like

Wow. That’s a tough one.

1. Evelyn (no question, no matter what)

do you have any other 4T 5* green?
That will determine #2

1 Like

Just depends on your needs. I personally already have Eve, Lianna and Zel maxed so this is my 4th nature and I don’t mind it being a fun hero, so long as the fun is also effective. Back in the day I would have said Tarlak for you and don’t look back, but… I’ve seen plenty of folks max tarlak and do no better vs titans then me with my lowly Wu, some hits… sure, they can do better, but it all averages out and it also depends on the titans you’re hitting. I can say I don’t for a second regret maxing Eve or Zeline, but I assume folks that have maxed Tarlak and Alby can say the same. Out of those, I don’t think Hatter is top of your list, it sounds like he has some solid usability, but not top tier stuff. Hope this ramble helps.

2 Likes

Not Hatter, I think. I have all of those and probably use Evelyn and Zeline most. Alberich still does his magic at 3/70, and Wu is a reasonable substitute for Tarlak on 10* titans and below.

1 Like

I’ve been fighting myself on my first since I got my first 5 tonics lol i don’t use a green on my defense, so I haven’t been rushing it

I agree there. I understand the hype of Tarlak, but I still feel thebhits are better with wu on an average scale. Typically only use him on blue titans anyways, along with zel and eve. So… lol

I don’t know what my needs are lol titans for sure, so eve will prolly get a set, but I don’t see any reason the others can’t rot at 3/70 and still be as useful

Zeline is one of the defensive greats, giving her tonics and eventually emblems is certainly an option depending on what you have at your disposal. If green isn’t a high need on defense, then I’d go alby or tarlak, at the very least they’ll always be super useful for some heal in war teams. (although I still think Zel is a fantastic help there as well)

1 Like

I wish I had that problem lol