The Guardian Heroes

Jackal, Falcon and Panther are worth it.

G. Kong is okay. He has very high attack which would make him fun for red stacks on offense. On defense he’s meh, high damage but his defense stat is low.

G. Owl, I barely see. No one here seems to like him. For defense teams with him, I’ve never had issues taking them on. He charges his special slowly, and his damage output is low if no teammates are down. If I had him I wouldn’t know what to do with him

2 Likes

I was hoping for falcon since now that you all explained their strengths would make a great add to a red stack…I did one more and got two more jackals, go figure lol

Everything’s already been said, but I can’t resist piling on for emphasis. Elemental debuff is powerful, but also very rare and therefore even more valuable. What’s great here is that Falcon and Jackal are four stars, which make them more accessible. And they are the only ones who do it for their element (same for Panther, but she is way less accessible). That means they’re hugely valuable for titans, wars, raids, and the map (so basically every phase of the game).

Panther is widely regarded as one of the best / most valuable heroes in the game. I feel it’s less common now, but two Panthers flanking Guin used to be a fairly common defense.

Falcon make Kashhrek a joke of a tank and is a major inflection point between Kash being very annoying and very easy.

Jackal is very fast (also a rare attribute). I got him on my only pulls this month (a 10 pull) and am ecstatic! He’ll really help me against Kunchen, as his skill counter Kunchen’s special really well (since there’s no way to lower Kunchen’s non-elemental defense). ALSO, he’s a rogue, which for me is also huge. I have a pile of Rogue emblems and none used so far (others are Scarlett and Danzaburo).

8 Likes

@IvyTheTerrible , so Jackal does work on Kunchen?

I just assumed that Kunchen’s resistance to defense debuffs also applied to elemental defense debuffs.

I pulled 2 jackals and have the orbs to max them both. This will be a real game changer for me in raids.

I was going for Falcon to pair with BT and Anzogh, but I’m definitely not complaining.

3 Likes

I’ve just respelled Gaurdian so the thread is easier to search. Hope that’s ok

4 Likes

Kunchen’s resistance is only to general defense down debuffs image . That includes Athena’s Bow image

You can stack Jackal’s holy defense down image on top of Kunchen’s holy defense up element link image

Element Links can’t be overwritten except by casting the same one again, because they’re undispellable. They’re also not like regular buffs where they’ll overwrite their opposites. Instead, they’ll simply stack on top of any debuffs or buffs.

For this case:
+46% holy defense -54% holy defense = -8% holy defense after both buff and debuff are applied.

Further reading: 📑 Status Effects (Buffs and Ailments) and Stacks - Dead topic see link in post #190

4 Likes

Absolutely, and good catch thank you

1 Like

@IvyTheTerrible yeah Falcon stats are super tanky I was hoping I grabbed him instead of Jackal, but I will enjoy the very fast mana esp since him and Kage are the only 2 very fast mana heroes I have

I’m just afraid Of his survival since his Def is so low.

@Fizban, I had Jackal from a previous event and love to pair him with Musashi on a yellow stack. Jackal then Musashi and it pretty certainthe hero is dead, or very near dead.

Just pulled Falcon, stuck to only doing 6 single summons because I prefer Atlantis Summons (still need Wilbur and Proteus, even though my Hel is leveled). Got him on my 6th and final summons!! RNGesus must not have been paying attention? :joy::rofl:

1 Like

I guess I’ll know for sure in a month or however long it takes me to max Jackal, but my understanding is what @DaveCozy said: Jackal’s skill essentially nullifies Kunchen’s elemental defense. Still a huge win if he fires before dying.

Kunchen’s resistance is to the general defense down (RP types). He can still get elemental debuffs. Because of that, lately I’ve actually found myself attacking him more and more with Evelyn. She lowers his defense against nature and then I try to hit him with green tiles. If I had a Lianna type that would also work.

3 Likes

Thank @IvyTheTerrible! I’m super stoked to give them a try. Unfortunately I’m currently running 2 TC20 and am in the process of brining up a third, so it will take months to just max out one of them…

1 Like

You don’t have one on TC 11?

I don’t think that’s a problem, as I don’t think the game will change in a way that elemental defense down becomes less valuable. When they’re ready, they’ll crush.

I have a similar situation in that I am not generating a huge flow of feeders. As is, I’m feeding Anzogh, Rumplestiltskin, Kadilen, Jackal, and Jabbar. Except for Jackal, none of those will be game changing in my roster (especially since the five stars will be parked at 2.60 or 3.70). BUT, my plan is that if I draw a game changing hero out of TC20, I will immediately switch my production. Probably something like TC11, TC1/2, TC19 (until rugged clothes are gone then 1/2), TC20.

I don’t think it’s worth it for me to do that for just Jackal, but it probably would be for Jackal plus a long awaited sniper in any element.

4 Likes

Reading this thread made me give in to the urge for “just one more pull!” - heh heh.

It was weird. I clicked the portal, spent the gems, and… it just sat there. About 15 seconds went by, and then I saw the little “wifi icon” that indicates my connection to the game was poor, so now I’m worrying that it spent the gems but wasn’t going to complete the pull.

5 more seconds, and then… Guardian Falcon! :smiley:

OK, so NOW I’m done… that’s plenty of luck for this week: 3 pulls gets me Jackal #3 and my only Falcon.

Good gaming!

9 Likes

Yeah now that I pulled Jackal and I have a few snipers that are seriously leveled and headed to max levels, I am trying to figure out where to fit him in my holy leveling as well. I really wanted drake Fong leveled because I don’t have too many heroes that do AOE damage with fast mana, so the goal is as to level and swap Joon out with him, but I may do Jackal then Drake since Joon is still a great hero.

I just recently got Joon, he’s up to 3-26 and so he’s getting to the point where he might be able to join in on raids soon - and fortunately, I have the mats to ascend him and push him all the way to 4-80.

Jackal+Joon will be a devastating combo. :slight_smile: I don’t have Drake, and I understand he is very, very good also. I guess it depends what you want: a hero that can hit multiple targets and blind them (Drake), or one that can devastate a single hero target (Joon).

Worth considering: Jackal’s Holy defense down only affects one target. Still, hitting with Drake will do extra damage to that one, and still good damage to the others too. It won’t be the one-two punch that Jackal+Joon can do, but Drake will increase general survivability because he’ll make more enemies miss.

Choosing between Joon & Drake = a good problem to have. :wink:

1 Like

I’ve only got 100k+ on 2 titans. 1 was green 1 purple thanks to my Jackal and Falcon. Picked up dupes this summon and test they will be levelled they are that good.

OMG are a lucky tart!!! I did that and got…4 falcons total :frowning: but I fed two to one of them to give him instant boost and bump up his special one level already, I’m gonna keep the 4th one as a duplicate

@Fizban I agree! The only reason I’m willing to sub Joon for Drake is because I also have Lianna, Sartana, Marjana, and a few other major target damage dealers. But I don’t have one that can hit 3 at a time and fast like a sniper, also with an elemental link…now that’s a deadly combo.

1 Like