The gloves are off - Ascension advice

I’m dying! Your story is hilarious… :grin:

Cyprian has the same special and I use him against yellow titans and I like results so far. Titan’s special affects all heroes. If 3 of 5 strike back it’s not bad. Of course, when you have bugger choice of heroes you can pick one with more offensive special…

right, I used cyprian and boril on my alt as a 3rd purple/blue for a long time because that’s what I had. However IMO they aren’t worth trap tools and warm capes, so I won’t take them past 3/60, which means that literally any other 70 in the same color better due to much higher attack stat. The riposte again isn’t going to do much damage comparably compared to the tile damage from a strong color hero that’s 100-200 attack points higher.

You mean Kiril … Karil is a 3*.

Kiril is like Bold tusk as well as awesome on defense mid game.

I have Scarlett on max and BT is more used. So Kiril is my call, followed by Colen actually as defense is something I find myself constantly upgrading.

Scarlett is good to, Boril has in the past saved my rear many times.

1 Like

Riposte can be cool … unless you are up against something with a dispel that knows when and how to use it. And there are four common 4* heroes with dispel, Melendor, Sabina, Caedmon, and Sonja. All of which make good choices to ascend fully even without the dispel.

Which makes them pretty toothless on your raid defense team, at least once you are at a level where players are working on their second set of 4* heroes.

I specifically look for Boril & Cyprian as “easy targets” when I raid.

Edit: +1 on Scarlett over Colen, 'tho I wouldn’t feel bad ascending either of them.

Even having both Sonya and Caedmon in a team doesn’t guarantee you from having a hard time with a riposte hero. Both are fast mana, but layouts can be very bad and then riposte hurts.

Bad boards can make any raid hard or impossible…but on average, raiding with Caedmon, I seldom take significant damage from riposte, and sometimes take no damage at all.

The worst thing for me about riposte is when I accidentally trigger a cascade before I fire off the dispel. It does quite a bit of damage to both sides, but I can often pull those raids off too.

Completely agree. :slight_smile:
Another edge bad case is that Caedmon or Sonya was killed by Joon or Marjana (or other heavy hitter) in a first shot. But, yes, it is seldom.

1 Like