The Fusion Fighters recruitment thread! šŸ˜ [27/30]

2020-09-28 War (2)
For the weekend war I get more time to war watch. :smile:
Yes, I do find it entertainingā€¦

Thing is, I miss the last hour or so because of dinner. No phones allowed at the table.
So returning to the game afterwards was quite an experience to find we had won. Checking the war log our opponents had one flag left. I can only imagine they ran out of time to attack.

Best thing is we used all our flags. :slightly_smiling_face:
We might not win big, but we put in the effort! Iā€™m mighty proud of the team here.

2020-06-28 Banner
Currently attacking 9* titans due to some recent departures. Thereā€™s room to grow with us as we all develop our rosters.

Come check us out at Fusion Fighters. :smile:

2020-06-29 Titan
Break out the barbecue!

Made good way with this titan.

Join us at Fusion Fighters to hit more stuff! :grin:

What can I write about to use as an excuse to post on the recruitment thread? :thinking:
A-ha! Letā€™s go back to our tagline of being ā€˜casually competitiveā€™. :grin:
Heh heh heh. They havenā€™t figured out my recruiting tactics yetā€¦ (Cough)

Like more serious alliances we look to hit the titan daily and use all flags in war if opted in (similar to many other alliances), and our war strategy is time sensitive.

Unlike the really serious alliances we donā€™t have performance targets to meet. We donā€™t demand you:
get X amount of damage on a titan,
get six one-shots in war,
score over X points in war,
or keep above 2600 trophies.

If we had performance targets Iā€™d likely be the first out of the alliance because Iā€™m a bit rubbish. :laughing:
Donā€™t tell anyone in my alliance. :shushing_face:

We also donā€™t demand you to:
use of an external chat app (though we do have Line which even Erazer isnā€™t on!),
have 30 fully leveled 5* heroes with at least five fully emblemed up,
have all the fast mana 4* troops fully leveled,
show us your bench before allowing you to join,
or interview you.

Nope. Nothing like that.

We are a pretty dedicated bunch of players. Barring exceptional circumstances weā€™re active daily. A bit of communication will let us know if inactivity is expected. :wink:

Sound like something which suits you? Consider joining us at Fusion Fighters! :grinning:

Following from this post in another thread I have to agree with princess1ā€™s usage of ā€˜relaxedā€™.
It might be a good descriptor for us at Fusion Fighters. :grin:

1 Like

2020-07-04 Banner
We at Fusion Fighters are a ā€˜casually competitiveā€™ alliance.
We hit titans daily.
We coordinate tank colour in war.
We follow a war strategy.
We use all war flags.

And now I need to pee. Wait? What?! (Cough)

Come check us out and see if weā€™re the right fit for you. :slightly_smiling_face:

And so another weekend war is over. :relieved:
Twas another close one. :worried:

Anywayā€¦ the marathon grind continues with base building.
Come join us at Fusion Fighters as we all develop our bases together! :grin:
Wonder if those builders get over time pay? :thinking:

Looking back to the start of this thread it came to my attention the number of our members have increased by the huge total ofā€¦ two! :laughing:
Success in recruiting! :grin:

During these last six months we did manage to have a full alliance which was nice. So close to having that full 30 on 30 war. One day!
What do you mean this sounds like a journal of sorts?

Come check us out at Fusion Fighters and fill out our member list so I donā€™t have to keep posting here on the forums! :laughing:

What are my responsibilities in the alliance again? What do you mean I only shake pom-poms?! Theyā€™re supposed to be motivational!

Join us at Fusion Fighters to be shook at by pom-poms! :laughing:

As Fusion Fightersā€™ resident pom-pom shaker I am glad I donā€™t have to deal with leadery things.
Goodness forbid what would happen if I had to deal with disciplinary issues. :relieved:

Join us at Fusion Fighters to hopefully not be disciplined by not-me! :laughing:

If you are not too busy shaking your pom-poms, could I askā€¦what colour tanks do you use and what level titans are you hitting?

Cheers
Merlin

1 Like

Hi.

Weā€™re currently running green tanks, though generally depending on members we review what colour we use. Weā€™ve changed it up a few times this year already.

At the moment weā€™re hitting 9* titans.

Hope that helps. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Empiresāš”ļø_Screenshot_2020.07.09_22.53.17
ā€˜Old man shouts at cloudā€™ type titan spotted. :grin:

Funny how weā€™ve had a string of 9* titans and then we get a 10*! :laughing:

Sounds good and thanks. I will try and join after the next war. Please keep a seat warmā€¦

Cool. Look forward to seeing you there. :slightly_smiling_face:

2020-07-12 War A
And here concludeth another weekend war. :relieved:

Both alliances used all their flags. Fantastic effort by everyone involved. Always proud of our team here when we use all flags. Yes, life does happen but that canā€™t be helped.

As warmongery as I come across (still my main participation point on the forums besides here), Iā€™m really not that fussed about winning or losingā€¦ :thinking: :laughing:

Come join us at Fusion Fighters for (potential) cake after war victories! :grin:

2020-07-13 Alliance
Join us at Fusion Fighters!
Eat, sleep, puzzle, repeat. :fire:

I should rethink that one, makes the game sound boring. :laughing:

Letā€™s seeā€¦ Iā€™ve just come across an idea to rejig my spreadsheet to analyse my war performance. With this Iā€™ll be able to calculate how many points the opponent gets off me. Bit clunky though. Now I think I need an ultrawide screen monitor. :thinking:
Not that this analysis has made my wars any better. Iā€™m still distinctly rubbish! :laughing:

Oh, join us at Fusion Fighters for more puzzling opportunities. :slightly_smiling_face:
Thatā€™s ā€˜puzzlingā€™ as in the puzzle gameplay rather than ā€˜puzzlingā€™ as in ā€˜what on earth is going on?ā€™ :grin:

ā€¦ :astonished:
I think Iā€™m in an alternative universe; this has never happened before. :thinking:
At the very least, itā€™s a sign of the apocalypse. :laughing:

Join us at Fusion Fighters for puzzling action before the universe ends! :grin:

Havenā€™t done this for a while. Time for anotherā€¦

War musings

As Iā€™ve mentioned before I do try to assess our chances once we know who our opponents are. Typically Iā€™ll look at their XP and raid TP. There are obviously some weaknesses to this.

• XP only accounts for how much someone has played, and doesnā€™t account for skill level or bench.
  • Raid TP is only a snapshot of how the player treats raids. A cup dropper wonā€™t be giving out anything useful. If lucky, I might estimate what sort of bench they might have.

Iā€™m now tracking our war score and titan score. War score is more reflective of bench and form. Iā€™m thinking titan score might be a potential indicator of depth of bench. Unless the alliance is new, a settled alliance will be trying to defeat their titans. And typically, as a player, youā€™d be taking your ā€˜bestā€™ characters for that particular fight. The alliance may skip the occasional titan, but wonā€™t be deliberately throwing it away.

Needless to say, that will be something Iā€™ll be keeping an eye on to see if this becomes a reliable thing to consider. :grinning:

Join us at Fusion Fighters toā€¦ not think about anything Iā€™m waffling about! :laughing:

It took me ages to realise the different starting times for midweek war and weekend war. So much for being predisposed to look for patterns. Hm? Ohā€¦ erā€¦ hang on.

2020-07-18 Alliance banner
Join us at Fusion Fighters for more puzzling action opportunities. :slightly_smiling_face: