The Fusion Fighters recruitment thread! šŸ˜ [27/30]

I demand coffee and suitably funny graphics whilst I peruse your thread. :grin:

2 Likes

So much for the ā€œI donā€™t have to do any leadery thingsā€¦ā€ :sob:

Come join us at Fusion Fighters where you get this particular idiot having to do leadery things! :rofl:

Thatā€™s not exactly a very enticing recruitment pitchā€¦

Erā€¦

1 Like

So after that escaped titan which kicked off some kerfuffles, we have become a bit more clear on hitting titans. Given long enough time within a culture (so to speak) this should become an ingrained part of activity.

Funnily enough, the titan which escaped was a 10*. Weā€™ve just taken down our second 11*. :thinking: :laughing:

Join us at Fusion Fighters for titan whacking shenanigans. :grin:

And weā€™ve just had to face our (my) first ever 13* titan. :scream:
Crikey, that escalated quickly. :laughing:

Join us at Fusion Fighters for titan whaā€”

Weā€™re full.
2021-11-11 Alliance banner

Butā€¦ Iā€™d just got back into the groove of bumping, I mean, waffling on the forums again. :slightly_frowning_face:

Looking over the forums at times, I canā€™t help but notice the grumbles with the game.
Funnily enough, Iā€™ve got back to enjoying more of it by tackling Ninja tower for the first time inā€¦ however many of them I previously skipped! :laughing:

I put it down to getting rid of FOMO regarding World Energy.

And you too can get rid of FOMO by joining us at Fuā€“

Weā€™re still full.

Ahā€¦

Woohoo! We took down our (my) first 12 * titan. :grinning:

Come join us at Fuā€“

Weā€™re still full.

B-but, we need to keep our profile upā€¦ :slightly_frowning_face:

Come to think of itā€¦ I think weā€™re still finding our footing with these new titans at the moment. Previously weā€™ve never been able to count beyond 11! :laughing:
As such, weā€™re still finding our equilibrium point as it were. Been a while weā€™ve had to do that really.

Keep us in mind if youā€™re looking for a new alliance. Weā€™re full at the moment, but check every now and then.

Isnā€™t that my job? :thinking:

One thing came up in chat recently which apparently is dubbed the Thanos challenge, or something along those lines. Basically trying to create a diamond of each colour on the board. A tricky task to say the least, but one of ours managed to do it which is why it came up.

And I finally got to participate during Ninja Tower! :laughing:

Share your achievements with us at Fuā€“

Still full.

ā€“sionā€¦ (Sigh)

[Deflated pom-pom shake]

We. Are. Fuā€“

No fires, please.

Spoilsport. :unamused:
Regardlessā€¦ Weā€™re still a top 10,000 alliance! :laughing:

2021-11-16 Alliance ranking

Amidst the grumblings on the forums there are occasionally interesting thoughts being expressed. One of the recent ones tends to be thoughts of Homaclese on roster selection and play style.

Simply put, there are two extremes of character selection: mono and rainbow. Homaclese is (at time of writing) an advocate for (close to) rainbow for win consistency. Reading their various posts across inter-related topics is interesting to see how it actually works.

I gave rainbow a try with my bench andā€¦ it didnā€™t quite work out for me! :laughing:
Amongst Homacleseā€™s thoughts was something which probably explains the main difference of playstyles at the two extremes (and trying to find a balance between the two). With their (approaching) rainbow selection and playstyle there is a reliance on character synergy and specials.

A player can only choose from the bench they have though. Iā€™ve been of the mind our playstyles are dictated by what we have available. And when starting out, the game would seem to push us towards mono due to the lower stat characters going up against tougher enemies even on the maps. Arguably, at this early stage of the game one rarely has the bench depth to build synergy. But over time? Luck dependent, I would think (between RNG and potentially money spent).

From a mono playstyle, I would think it is more tile damage dependent with specials being a bonus. (I favour 4-1.) When the tiles favour your stack, the opponent falls very quickly even without using specials.

So the spectrum seems to be from tile damage to specials synergy. At least from a simplistic interpretation.
I favour tile damage because I donā€™t have the bench depth for rainbow synergy teams.

Thatā€™s my thought anyway! :laughing:

In the end it doesnā€™t matter which style you favour when you join us at Fusion Fighā€“

Still full.

ā€“tersā€¦ (Sigh)

Check in on us every now and then. We still existā€¦

It occurs to me that Iā€™m really good in tourneys. Whenever I participate I consistently finish in the top 100ā€“

per centā€¦

:shushing_face: (You trying to ruin my image or something?)

Share your successes with us a Fuā€“

Still full.

.ā€“sioā€¦ (Sigh) Do check every now and then to see if weā€™ve got a spot. :persevere:

Join us at Fuā€“

Still full. You know this.

(Sigh)

Anywaysā€¦ it seems weā€™re settling down on titans lately as the team has essentially stabilised for the time being. As it is weā€™re taking down 11* titans with relative ease at the moment. :slightly_smiling_face:
If memory serves it means the possibility of more mediocre loot! :laughing:

Iā€™m guessing we should be able to take down a favourable 12* or two before it overtakes our hitting strength. Having good boards help. Which is something which seems oddly absent latelyā€¦

Usually after we kill a rare titan, the next titan goes up a level. Didnā€™t happen with the last twoā€¦:thinking:

Share your experiences with us atā€“

Nope. Still full.

Gee, golly whizzā€¦

Keep an eye on this space. We may have a spot coming up in a couple of weekā€™s time.

One of ours has been somewhat inactive after one of those special life events, which may mean an impending (forced) departure. :slightly_frowning_face:
But as one door closes, thereā€™s a jam jar. Or however that saying goesā€¦:thinking:

Noooooā€¦! We lost the weekend war by 4 points. :sob:

I have certain set messages for post-war announcements. One of these is specifically to do with effort (i.e. flag usage). Nowā€¦ I wonder if anyone in the alliance has spotted when I use these? :thinking:

There are three terms:
Fantastic effort
Great effort
Good effort

And yes, thereā€™s a reason I ordered them as I did above.
Fantastic: all flags used
Great: one participant didnā€™t use all their flags
Good: two or more participants didnā€™t use all their flags

Well, thatā€™s been demystified.

Assuming they read through this! :laughing:

Still have an eye on the date as I do suspect a place will be available then. Maybe some targeted recruitment? I do have one particular idiot I might consider persuading to come and join us. :thinking:

Fu~sion Figh~ters. [Pom-pom shake]

Do you really think that helps to encourage the team?

Worth a shot. :slightly_smiling_face:
But we won our weekend war with all flags used. Woohoo!

Life happens and one of ours has left in order to deal with those things. All the best out there. :slightly_smiling_face:
It does mean an unanticipated vacancy has popped up as a result (with the impending one approaching this week).

Soā€¦ come puzzle 'em up with us at Fusion Fighters! :grin:

That still makes no senseā€¦

:thinking: :man_shrugging: :laughing:

Midweek war has come and gone. And thatā€™s our third win on the trot! :grin:
I still hope to see that five consecutive war victories one day! Hope springs eternal and all that. :slightly_smiling_face:

Soā€¦ let me seeā€¦

2021-12-18 Alliance banner
Thatā€™s us there. :point_up_2:
And still proudly a top 10,000 alliance! :grin:
2021-12-18 Leaderboard

Top 10,000? That wonā€™t persuade anyone!
But it arguably has more zeroes than top 100. :thinking:

What else? :thinking:

Tagline: Casually competitive
While we are pretty serious players, we take a real life first approach. :slightly_smiling_face:

Titans: Hit them! :laughing:
Currently hovering around 10* titans.

War participation: optional; all flags if in
We coordinate tanks (tank review coming up soon), and follow a wave strategy.

War behaviour policy in effect!

Player is placed on ā€˜probationā€™ when war flags are missed.
A one war probation period for missing flags of a winning war.
A two war probation period for missing flags of a losing war.
If flags are missed during probation, then demotion.
If probation is passed with no incident then all is well.
If two wars with no flags used, then automatic boot.

Other stuff
We use pom-poms for motivational purposes.
BYOPN = Bore Your Pants Off News
Eurovision = 0 points (we prefer to hand out Eurovisions rather than receive them)

Come check us out at Fusion Fighters to see if weā€™re the right fit for each other. :slightly_smiling_face:
Yep, itā€™s a two-way thing.

2020 in review :rofl:

From my war records we began with 24 members. Now at yearā€™s end we sit at 28 members. Recruitment success! Or players just randomly joining us success! :laughing:

Along the way weā€™ve had some comings and goings, including myself when I took a break from the game. The general atmosphere of the alliance remains a pretty relaxed place. Weā€™re quite similarly minded, I think, which helps towards generating this atmosphere. :slightly_smiling_face:

Canā€™t remember what * titans we were taking on back then, but weā€™re floating around 10* at the moment. Itā€™s been a little inconsistent lately with the titan after the rare not going up in * level which is strange. Originally it would be a definite skip titan due to increased * level, but not lately. Certainly been progress on titan difficulty in this respect with more members and gradually increasing strength.

What else? Wellā€¦ being over-promoted after returning to the alliance after a break from the game. Then leadership shenanigans (most interesting cases documented here). A few oddities, transparent war behaviour policies, and attempts at consistency. And we shall endeavour to carry on into 2022! :laughing:

That isnā€™t really a laughing matterā€¦

Ahem. Anywayā€¦ I have a new spreadsheet to set up.

For a new start or change of environment, come check us out atā€¦ Fusion Fighters! :grin:

1 Like

And to start off the new year we had a stomping war win. :grin:
So close to the 7000 points barrier tooā€¦ :persevere:
Truthfully, over 6000 tends to be a good score to give a chance at victory.

Hoping to tick off one of the hardest to achieve things on my E&P bucket list: five consecutive war victories! :laughing:
Join us at Fusion Fighters for a chance to achieve this!

It is a chance. Thereā€™s no guaranteeā€¦

Still early into the new year of 2022 andā€¦ titans are still wildly inconsistent! :scream:

Here I am trying to assess our strength and chances against 11* titans when the game throws a 12* rare at us. Like some we kill rares for that additional chance of those ascension materials in the hope someone in the alliance gets it. What usually happens is we flask on rares, which artificially bumps up the difficulty. I was still puzzling over why we got a 12* rare in the first place.

Staying inconsistent, the titan after the 12* rare wasā€¦ 11*. It didnā€™t bump up to 13*, or stay at 12*, but dropped back down. Thatā€™s justā€¦ what is going on? :thinking:

For peculiar titan shenanigans, come join us at Fusion Fighters! :laughing: