The Fusion Fighters recruitment thread! šŸ˜ [27/30]

Most of the alliance is in the US, a handful of us in the UK, and a few further afield. As long as youā€™re on during the last hour or two to use flags it should be fine. (Miss most of the real time sensitivity aspect of war.)

Weā€™re currently open if you still want to pop in and get a feel of the alliance. :slightly_smiling_face:

Heya, I will do so after this war. Matchmaking is already over and I donā€™t want to leave them hanging. :slight_smile:

(Iā€™ve been really lazy in my recruiting efforts lately. What can I write about?
War. Thatā€™s what I seem to focus on a lot hereā€¦ :laughing:)

Due to the clocks going back it has really thrown my routine off. Curse you, time! [Angry fist shake]

(Hang on, whereā€™s this going? :thinking: Ahā€¦)

By the time I got round to assessing the opposition I believe I uttered ā€œ[swearing censored for family forum]ā€. They looked like a tough group with several members being there for over 1000 consecutive days; thatā€™s quite remarkable. So weā€™re facing an old, established alliance.

Throw in the new war rule of Rush Attack it was a potential bloodbath. We stuck to our guns after some discussion, and I even rejigged my war defence! Win if we can, lose if we must; but always kick 'em in the shins!

By the time war actually started and we saw what we had to deal with on the fieldā€¦ oh, boy, did it look bad. Might be the first time weā€™ve faced a TP4700+ team on the field with the vast majority of them in the TP4400-4500 range and the lowest above TP4000. Plus their low end starts up higher than ours, which is certainly a cause of concern strategically.

In the endā€¦

2020-11-15 War A

The scores might mislead somewhat. Our defences handed out 12 Eurovisions to their six, and we did expect a lot of them to happen in this war.

My poor Lady (of the Lake) got attacked 12 times! :scream:
But she did me proud and held the line. :smiley:

So now weā€™reā€¦

Weā€™re full.

:astonished: When did that happen?!

Ah, wellā€¦ check us out from time to time to see if we have a spot. :slightly_smiling_face:

Capture 1

Still a top 10,000 alliance! :laughing:

Always interesting to see how rankings change with membership changes. :thinking:

:thinking: (Need to think of something to write. Aha!)
A space has opened up! :grin:
Who are we? We are Fusion Fighters! Thatā€™s who!
Do we really need all those exclamation marks?
Erā€¦

Capture 1
Tagline: Casually competitive
We do our best. Itā€™s what we expect of ourselves and of our teammates. Bad boards happen to everyone, but isnā€™t due to a lack of commitment.

Titans: Hit them! :laughing:
Generally thought to provide the most consistent source of high level loot in the game, I believe.
Currently hitting 10* titans mostly.

War policy: optional
Use all flags if in following alliance strategy. Somewhat time sensitive.
Iā€™ve waffled on about war in this recruitment thread enough. :grin:

Capture 2
Come join a top 10,000 alliance with us at Fusion Fighters!
(Whaddya mean I should rethink that ā€˜10,000ā€™ thing?) :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

A new Terms of Service pushed out today and itā€™s interesting to note that basicallyā€¦ we own nothing! :laughing:

So whatā€™s the point of anything? :thinking: :scream:

Come and join us at Fusion Fighters for pointless puzzling shenanigans where you own absolutely nothing!

Iā€™ve always been a rather mediocre war participant. This time I wasnā€™t. I was just awful! :laughing:

Join us at Fusion Fighters to share your war experiences of tiles and whatnot. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Thus wraps another weekend war. :relieved:
I have no graduated from being awful to being below average. Not long until I regain my mediocrity! :laughing:

Funnily enough, the bad run of tiles and anticipated loss of potential form has meant I changed my own tactical approach to war. I have embarked upon ā€˜spoilerā€™ tactics.

Swearing at opponents?

:thinking: I should do that more often.
But no. Basically I just charge at whom I judge to be the strongest on the field hoping I do enough damage so those left with clean up teams can flip our opponents.

Check us out at Fusion Fighters every now and then to see if we have a space. :slightly_smiling_face:

Sleepy hits in the morning for the end of midweek war. I do hope my phone can hold up as itā€™s really starting to show its age.

Check in on us at Fusion Fighters to compare phones if thatā€™s your thing. Or donā€™t. :laughing:

Has to be said, these new war conditions do change things up a bit. We had a good go with war equaliser the first time round, but not the recent one. Ah, wellā€¦ Luck of the tiles and things.
(I need to curse at the opponents more. :laughing:)

A spot has opened up. Have a look to see if weā€™re the right fit for you. :slightly_smiling_face:

I didnā€™t have time to curse at our opponents for the final hour or so of midweek war. Too sleepy for that sort of effort. :laughing:

It was one of those wars where I surprisingly did far better than I would hope for. Considering that in most wars once youā€™ve used your strong colour heroes it tends to be a struggle, and I tend to rely on neutral colour ones instead. And tiles fell in my favour for most boards. :slightly_smiling_face:

For all thatā€¦ does your playing routine fit into ours at Fusion Fighters?
Check us out every now and then to see if we have a spot. :grin:

(You know, this is becoming The Philosopherā€™s war diary thread more than anythingā€¦:thinking: :laughing:)

As indifferent to winning or losing as I am, I do take war seriously. Does that even make sense? Hmā€¦
And this new war condition of rush attack is a really fun one to participate in. :grin:

Once again we faced a tough looking alliance fielding two TP4700 teams and their lowest TP was a touch higher than ours. :persevere:
But it was a joyous war for us. :grinning:

Capture2
My poor Lady was attacked 15 times during this war, but she did me proud and held the line.
We also handed out an alliance record of 23 Eurovisions! :laughing:

In such wars, especially when facing seemingly stronger opposition, I do think some war coordination can be a difference maker. Of course, one can never account for tiles but thatā€™s part of the game.

If these sort of shenanigans sound like your sort of thing, consider us when we have a spot. :slightly_smiling_face:

Time to update info as we have a shuffle! :grinning:

Find us atā€¦
Currently two spots available if you think weā€™re the right fit for you.
What do you need to know? :thinking:
Weā€™re still a top 10,000 alliance. :grin:

(Yes, it is factually correctā€¦)

Suitable forā€¦

• Daily players
  • Hitting 10* titans
  • Coordinated war

On an aside, while Iā€™m indifferent to whether we win or lose a war, but I would prefer to win as I still want that five consecutive war wins record! :laughing:
(I feel I could retire from the game thenā€¦)

Well, weā€™ve had a reshuffle and another space has opened up.
Rather unfortunately it was a concern over the lack of activity and no previous communication about it.
(Still glad I donā€™t have to do any leadery thingsā€¦)
Remember, communication is important. :slightly_smiling_face:

Feel free to ask any questions.

Time to whack a titan!
I do other things beside war, you know! :laughing:

Come check us out at Fusion Fighters for titan whacking shenanigans.
And hope you get some tiles to actually do damage! :grin:

Join us at Fusion Fighters where we have a (very temporary) global top 100 player! :laughing:

Now to break that -300 trophies barrierā€¦

So I only got walloped for -313 trophies and managed to stay in diamond raid tier. Was expecting to be sent to platinum! Normal service resumes. :laughing:

Come join us at Fusion Fighters for perfectly normal (and more often than not, in my case, mediocre) players to play aside! :grin:

So after the fun that was the rush attack war we find ourselves at the precipice once again. That is to sayā€¦ we have four consecutive wins and one short of establishing a new, to me, alliance record! :grinning:
The reason this is a big deal for me is itā€™s on my E&P bucket list of things to do. :laughing:

Check us out at Fusion Fighters. :slightly_smiling_face:

Prepping for the next war. :persevere:

For anyone fancying a change of scenery consider checking us out at Fusion Fighters. :grin:

Sorry to interrupt the monologue Phil:)

Very friendly alliance. Every war celebrated with pom-pom shakes & cake. Plus try and win the Eurovision competitionā€¦

1 Like