The Fusion Fighters recruitment thread! šŸ˜ [27/30]

Been using ā€œhit the titan for POVā€™s sakeā€ with some frequency lately. Works on two levels, of course. :wink:
Butā€¦ ā€œhit the POVing titanā€ just doesnā€™t have the same ring to itā€¦:thinking:

Consider us at Fusion Fighters toā€¦ puzzle stuff! :grin:

Finally we prevent breaking an unwanted record. Do feel like we got really unlucky for a few wars there.

Titans seem a bit more predictable now. Finally. :relieved:

Come puzzle 'emā€“

Weā€™re full.

How did that happen? :thinking::man_shrugging: :laughing:

1 Like

1 Like

Another war completed. Bit of a war obsessive here. :laughing:
We had an unfortunate run of bad wars and just won our second on the trot! :smile:
2022-01-29 War
Thatā€™s (as far as I have on record) the highest points weā€™ve ever scored! :astonished:

Hey, team. Letā€™s try and break the 7000 point barrier this year! :laughing:

And in our idiot leaderā€™s moment of joy, he forgot to mention the alliance is currently fullā€¦

Phew. Third alliance war victory on the trot. Will we ever achieve that fabled five consecutive wins on my E&P bucket list? :thinking:

Anywaysā€¦ beta for the new War of Three Kingdoms mode. With the whole warbands and kingdoms thing in play, I must resist the urge to kick members out who arenā€™t in my kingdom. :persevere:

Erā€¦

And another weekend war completed. With a resounding win! :grin:
The first step towards five consecutive victories! :persevere:

Life happens sometimes and flags will be missed. It happens. But weā€™re not so strict as to make that an immediate demotion/bootable offence. I have the probation system in place after all! :laughing:

Iā€™m proud of the team we have here.
You might be too, if you join us at Fusion Fighters! :slightly_smiling_face:

I am happy to report I managed to obtain some new shiny trinkets for my Lady (of the Lake) for our second anniversary! :grin:

Also somewhat dismayed to find out some of my team mates have got a new outfit for her which I was unable to gift to my Lady. :scream:

Erā€¦ahem. Consider joining us at Fusion Fighters.

Boy, did we go through a rough batch with wars. There are certain colour tanks I dislike because they seem to take away the tiles I need! :angry:

Still, I put it down to the system trying to find its balance when a new member joins us (in this case, an old member rejoining). I think weā€™ve now found our footing and things have balanced out. Time to get those sacrifices to the tile gods for war wins! :laughing:

And he forgets to mention weā€™re fullā€¦

Erā€¦

2022-03-27 War result edit
Woahā€¦:astonished:
In accordance with my records this is our highest points total during my two stints at the alliance. This war is in the middle of the typical yo-yoing of wins and losses. Yep, weā€™re at that point of the matchmaking algorithm! :laughing:

I am very proud of the team we have here. :slightly_smiling_face:
Currently full, but do check in every now and then to see if we have a spot.

(Hmā€¦ I should try and keep our profile up. What else is there to do while the alliance is full? :thinking:
A-ha! :bulb:)

Itā€™s been a while since the over-promotion, so how have things been? :thinking:

OK, I guess. Alliance has been full for a short while now. Oddly Iā€™ve never really been too bothered whether the alliance is full or not, but the recruiting aspect has sort of led to a fairly consistent attempt to make this the case.

On a practical level it does mean the alliance can consistently take down higher level titans. I estimate our current ability to be around 12* titans with frequent skips. Why ā€˜estimateā€™? Weā€™re effectively capping titans at 11* for the time being.

I remember reading on the forums about titan loot a while back, and I rechecked the info being proceeding to propose the idea, that there is no meaningful difference between 11* and 12* titan loot. So why bother potentially use more items to take down a 12* titan for the same loot levels as an 11*?

Next step on the titan thing is managing hits so everyone can get a hit in, because 11* titans are a little flimsyā€¦ :laughing:

Another factor about alliance size is the seemingly endless pursuit of keeping it full. One thing I do like about a full alliance is the possibility of a full on, 30 v 30, war. Thatā€™s just a lot of fun. The downside is thereā€™s a lot of data to logā€¦

As with any group of people, itā€™s whether thereā€™s enough in common in the allianceā€™s general attitude and approach, and that of the individual players in it. Itā€™s ticking over quite nicely, I think. :slightly_smiling_face:

:thinking: I was planning one of these for the last post, but circumstances change. Itā€™s always a shame to lose good team members. :slightly_frowning_face:

One had work commitments, and two found the power creep with S5 a bit too much to stomach. So back to recruiting! :laughing:

Who are we? We are ~~~ Fusion Fighters. :fire:

No fire. Itā€™s a safety hazard. :fire_engine: :fire_extinguisher: :ocean:

:scream: NOOOOOOOOOOā€¦
Anywayā€¦

2022-04-22 Banner
Thatā€™s our general info there. :point_up_2:
We are a proud top 10,000 alliance! :grin:

2022-04-22 Leaderboard

What else?

Activity levels
Our main requirements are in the alliance banner above.
Collectively weā€™re generally daily players who take a real life first approach. :slightly_smiling_face:
Aside from titans and war, we havenā€™t imposed any requirements for Alliance Quests (i.e. Clash of Knights and Mythic Titans).

Titans
In the middle of evaluating where our strength lies.
At previous full strength we were capable of chaining 11*, beat some 12* and the occasional 13*. Iā€™m guessing weā€™re around 10/11*, but yet to confirm. Had capped at 11*, so 12* (unless rare) are automatic skips.

War
We coordinate tanks, currently green, and follow a wave strategy.

War behaviour policy in effect!

Player is placed on ā€˜probationā€™ when war flags are missed.
A one war probation period for missing flags of a winning war.
A two war probation period for missing flags of a losing war.
If flags are missed during probation, then demotion.
If probation is passed with no incident then all is well.
If two wars with no flags used, then automatic boot. (Unless exceptional circumstances.)

Other stuff
We use pom-poms for motivational purposes.
BYOPN = Bore Your Pants Off News
Eurovision = 0 points (we prefer to hand out Eurovisions rather than receive them)

And finallyā€¦
Entering a new alliance is a learning experience for all - even us in the alliance youā€™re joining. Do we fit and complement each other? Itā€™s a two-way thing.

Most importantly, have funā€¦ :slightly_smiling_face:

Psst. You. Yeah, you. Looking for a new alliance?
Consider us at Fusion Fighters.
You might not regret it! :laughing:

For POVā€™s sake hit the titan! :laughing:

This isnā€™t in-game chat, you knowā€¦ :roll_eyes:

It isnā€™t?! :scream:

Anywayā€¦ check us out at Fusion Fighters. :grin:

The last couple of wars sure have been nail bitingly close. :scream:
Itā€™s why we strive to use all flags! :laughing:
Seriously, every little helps.

Someone in marketing has already used that line.

Wha?! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Anywayā€¦ consider joining us at Fusion Fighters! :grin:

Hmā€¦ been a while. Time to waffle! :laughing:

I like to consider us a real life first sort of alliance. We take the game seriously enough to dedicate some time to it, but not enough for it to dominate our personal lives. So if real life happens, then thereā€™s still some leeway within the alliance to account for it (with a bit of persuasion, so to speak). In this sense, Iā€™m not particularly concerned with what the real life incident is (a remembered incorrectly time to use war flags or emergency); the most important thing is you are safe.

Soā€¦ we lost our weekend war. :slightly_frowning_face:
But itā€™s one of those where even if all remaining flags were used then we would still have lost. In short, all flags or not, it wouldnā€™t have made a difference to the loss.

Itā€™s also these types of losses where it doesnā€™t hurt as much either! :laughing:
The ones which do hurt begin with mathematically possible wins. Even then they will fall somewhere on the scale of unlikely and highly probable.
The losses which do hurt are those on the highly probable end. You know, ā€œwe could have won ifā€¦ā€ type.

At least, thatā€™s how I see it. :laughing:

Consider joining us atā€¦ Fusion Fighters. :grin:

1 Like

Following up from our last (and my first) mismatch in warā€¦

ā€¦ our midweek war was also a mismatch! :scream:
Time to find those shin kicking boots. Failing that, break out the kale to chuck it at 'em!

Soā€¦ data time! :laughing:

Opponents (War score - 108907) Fusion Fighters (War score - 108886)
Team TP Total Points Tank DEF Team TP Total Points Tank DEF
Team 1 3275 35 511 Team 1 4062 48 691
Team 2 3540 41 520 Team 2 4430 54 747
Team 3 4313 54 757 Team 3 4503 53 807
Team 4 4314 53 771 Team 4 4592 57 940
Team 5 4338 50 830 Team 5 4611 56 1003
Team 6 4492 56 939 Team 6 4663 54 948
Team 7 4634 56 802 Team 7 4700 57 836
Team 8 4668 59 919 Team 8 4718 54 888
Team 9 4670 56 878 Team 9 4733 57 948
Team 10 4757 56 939 Team 10 4763 56 872
Team 11 4777 62 959 Team 11 4773 60 985
Team 12 4807 62 817 Team 12 4815 60 1054
Team 13 4814 59 937 Team 13 4830 60 890
Team 14 4814 59 878 Team 14 4900 60 836
Team 15 4829 57 870 Team 15 4961 59 894
Team 16 4840 57 991 Team 16 4966 60 836
Team 17 4848 56 1003 Team 17 4968 60 1072
Team 18 4868 57 888 Team 18 4974 65 1036
Team 19 4898 56 1054 Team 19 4994 62 884
Team 20 4937 57 863 Team 20 5018 65 1036
Team 21 4986 63 982 Team 21 5043 63 1036
Team 22 4996 59 977 Team 22 5049 63 894
Team 23 5016 62 927 Team 23 5101 62 971
Team 24 5049 62 931 Team 24 5115 62 935
Team 25 5099 62 899 Team 25 5118 60 1072
Team 26 5129 66 965 Team 26 5121 60 1072
Team 27 5138 60 992

As the above post, and received knowledge from past forum posts, we know the war matchmaking algorithm supposedly prioritises the war score as the metric rather than number of participants which can lead us to these situations.

Having overlooked part of my war data prep work I didnā€™t notice the mismatch until the team mentioned it in the chat. :laughing:

But I ordered the above data according to TP for ā€˜easyā€™ reference, as many tend to use it (and then be misled by it). As can be seen, our opponents have a wider range between their highest and lowest TP defence teams. This is also true of point spread due to how points are actually a representation of health contribution to the allianceā€™s health on the field.

What I tend to assume is the defence team is somewhat representative of the playerā€™s potential bench depth. My prediction was their lower TP teams would run out of firepower, and we would essentially outlast them despite the flag discrepancy (in their favour).

The result?
2022-05-18 War result u
I do find we need to score over 6000 for a solid chance of a win.

Of course, the initial reaction to see thereā€™s a mismatch in participants is to think itā€™s unfair. In this case, the strength in depth was perhaps telling in the end.

Soā€¦ keep calm and carry on! :laughing:

It strikes me the Eurovision jest I use no longer has the impact it once did, because the UK finished second in 2022ā€¦

Erā€¦ join us at Fusion Fighters. :grin:

The Ukraine was always going to win with the public vote.
And quite rightly so.
I am from the U.K. but my phone vote went to Ukraine :upside_down_face:

Indeed they were. I wouldnā€™t have expected any other winner, to be honest.

I was genuinely surprised to find we came second though. We havenā€™t had a half decent result since a certainā€¦ incident from a while back.

1 Like

There are times when misreading something is really easy to do (when out of context).
Capture2

I thought this thread was about heroes you previously liked! :laughing:

See, communication is important. Especially in an alliance to avoid misunderstandings. :slightly_smiling_face: