The FTP Rebellion. Who wants to join? (Part 1)

With a total of 30-ish leveled heroes, the bulk of them 3* or c3* I was able to complete ToL up to and including stage 8.

Only stages 9 and 10 elude me as of yet.

Sadly had to use a number of bombs and dragon attacks, because frankly after stage 4 battling with 3* is way uphill.

Got a total of 2 free pulls because I had 90 coins from the previous ToL saved.

Free as in “Cost me 30 midnight roots and 10 dragon bones”

Got Gunnar…and Gunnar.

My GF did the same btw, she pulled Hawkmoon + Renfeld.

As expected.

6 Likes

That’s impressive @Saros! Three-stars all the way to stage 8? Wow.

For me, 2-stars for the first two stages. Then 3-stars up to stage 5. Then mixed in 4-stars and 3-stars up to stage 7. The last three stages, I broke out pen and paper, mapping out which 5-stars went where. I used a mix of 4 and 5-stars.

Kid pulled Lianna from TC20 today. He was convinced that the Tavern would cough up an elusive HOTM.

Silly boy.

We got Dawa and Oberon.

2 Likes

Congrats on that Lianna, @akionna .

My TC20 has produced its first trainee Wednesday evening, and it was a dupe Boldtusk.
At least he’s useful even in multiples. Sadly I am drowning in red heroes as it is, worthy or less worthy, and have only 3 Hidden Blades. I was really hoping for a yellow or purple since I have the 3* mats to ascend at least one of each color.

Probably tonight. It’s the second trainee from TC20 coming up.

As a side note, I think that after a certain amount of time, when I can colorstack at least three or four 4* of each color, I should switch to all 4xTC20 training for a while, in hopes of increasing the odds of getting a useful S1 5* hero, even in multiples. Hopefully that way I won’t have to wait for ages to get Lianna, Joon or Marjana.

2 Likes

Never. Worst portal. Haven’t gotten a single 5* since the beginning.

4 Likes

Ugh. That hurts.
20groans.

Congrats for Malicna, I was curious about her! Would be happy to hear your opinion about her if you level her soon.

Sounds a good idea to me, to improve your roster.

The steady state that I had kept up during months was two tc20 and one tc11, while the fourth was flexible and used as tc1, tc2, tc19 or sometimes one of the colour-specific uncommon levels. This seemed to reach a good balanced run: the two tc20 produced exactly the right amount of missing 4 and 5 stars that I could colour-feed, and never ran out of either heroes to level, or feeders to feed them with.

2 Likes

And by the way, that’s really awesome to get up to stage 8 with 3*s! :clap:
I managed to do that just for fun until the 6th stage, but then I felt no amount of dragon attack would save me in the next stage, so I gave up…

I’m fairly sure I haven’t even gotten a single 4* since the beginning from ToL!

4 Likes

I can lvl her up to 3/70 fast but since I ran out of tabards (thanks to Zulag), Malicna will stay unmaxed for some time :confused:

Got LiXiu today…

When you don’t have enough heroes, you have to be creative.
I did mono teams so that I could punch through the mob waves. Bombing did the rest.
Hu Tao came out of training today. Is he worth my orbs at all? I will bring him to 3/60 for sure, but is he worth it any further?

1 Like

Most people say no, but I am a big fan of Hu Tao and Justice. The AoE blind is great. Your healers don’t have to account for damage that misses. I consider them a defense you bring with your offense. This is especially true when you don’t have the firepower to just obliterate the enemy.

They aren’t there to damage, they are there to prevent it.

:beers:

1 Like

Off-topic, but I meant to tell you I like your new avatar, @Muchacho. I take it this means you’re still finding Elkanen useful on defense?

2 Likes

Persona non grata, priore membro checking in. Glad to see you’re all still kicking butt in the game.

Quick browsing through posts…

ToL? Hate it, never given me anything good (Tavern of Rares). NOT WORTH.

@Saros Getting up to stage 8 with only 3* heroes? WOW! Now that is impressive. Kudos, and best of luck in your summons. You deserve it for that.

Hu Tao is moderately useful on defense at mid levels (gold-low platinum maybe)… beyond that…? Eh. Let’s just say, “diminishing returns”.

@Muchacho :beers: Good to see you still kicking around here.

@Noble_Weasel :beers: to you as well. Will say that Elkanen is not the worst defensive hero, he can be annoying. Me when fighting him:

50ktz7

7 Likes

He’s okay. I just wanted something different. I was scrolling through my heroes I already had pics of that I could crop and he was the least dumb. Tried Buddy at first to be funny … hard pass :laughing:. That was TOO much. Almost did Raff but he is stuck I 3:70. Didn’t want to false advertise.

Elkanen is doing okay. My D isn’t great but that isn’t because of him. I am liking him selectively on offense more. He survives well. :+1: Me having to rely on 4’s in many color combos survivability without bringing a second healer is big.

I need to do the last level of ToL still, probably get around to it tomorrow. I am actually really pissed with myself about it though. Usually my struggle is levels 5-7 because I don’t transition out 3’s fast enough. I remember (for once, duh) but then choked on level 9. I was in a hurry and had all 3 bosses almost dead. I ended up dying and didn’t want to start over as I was in a hurry, even though I have the heroes, and burned 75 gems. Super pissed. I didn’t look ahead and was just making whatever teams. I forgot a dispelled and Ares critical hits are brutal. I am just dumb mostly though. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Is this some kind of cheese?

Not really lately. I am losing ground lately I fear.

:beers:

3 Likes

Completed the titan Path of Valor challenge today.

I guess I could be dubbed “dragonslayer” if there was someone eligible to do it. Inflicting personally more than a million damage to a titan is a tedious job…and I had to do it 9 times. Last one was a 7*, Emperor Dragon. Still managed with 18 side accounts and my GF using a couple titan flasks.

Most of the 6* titans didn’t give me or my GF anything useful. That RNG…however side accounts got a bulk of 3* ascension mats and even several 4*. Loot tiers 7 got better items than us with loot tiers 9+.

The idea of course was to get that Mysterious Tonic at milestone 48, but my GF and I decided that the package deal from the Valor pass is now excellent and thus forever became vc2p. No longer f2p…

As a side note, I’d like a bit of a help with choosing who amongst my reds to ascend next. I was thinking Sumle, who sits diligently at 3/60 and awaits her last Hidden Blade to ascend. But now I trained a dupe cBoldtusk…is it better to be him instead? Or Reuben to 3/70? Or Azlar to 3/70? WIth the Path of Valor’s pass I have 5 Mystic Rings already, so is it better to prepare one of my 5* reds for ascension? Thanks for the input.

1 Like

It depends on whether or not you need healers for war. If not go Sumle(I didn’t know she was female…that’s cool. Good to have representations of women of all body types.)

I dont have Sumle leveled much yet, but from what I’ve gathered, she’s worth having: hits like a truck they say. :slightly_smiling_face:

At some point in the game you will have more orbs than heroes. So you can just ascend any 4* you want.

He was on my team finishing last level Atlantis hard mode. I preferred him 4.70+1 over a few 5*. In my eyes it is definitely a YES, SIR.

2 Likes

The offer is good. No need to be ashamed. I bought all POV I to VI. Think VII will be the first time for me not buying it.

Got Sumle very late. Maxed her. Even with the lately maxed Wilbur I still prefer Colen over her. May be it changes with emblems. Sumle will never see emblems. I don’t like her. If you have her early in the game things may be different.

Leveling 2nd Boldtusk for war teams is useful but adding a damage dealer to your roster might be more useful in general.

At your point number of hidden blades play a role. You need 4 for an 4* but you need 8 for a 5*.

You can’t use 5* in tourneys and epic challenges.

My advise still holds: finish 3x 4* first before leveling a 5*.

Reuben or Azlar? Wow difficult. If you finish Sumle I would go with Reuben first (fast mana and element link).

1st Sumle
2nd Reuben 3.70

1 Like