The FTP Rebellion. Who wants to join? (Part 1)

G Falcon and G Panther are definitely worth pulling for. I use Falcon on my red team in every war. Proly have 80% win rate with this team: Boldtusk, Falcon, Kelile, Mitsuko and Scarlett/Anzogh.

You could also play and save the summons for next Teltoc and make more than 1 pull then.

2 Likes

That should always be a deciding factor. They are your heroes on your roster to the play the game you want.

Gross, TMI :laughing:

Yeah that’s why Morlovia was a bummer. I had no Morlovia heroes and only got Vlad. I did get Glenda, which is good, but she isn’t Morlovia.

At this point I basically want Falcon and Hansel for 4’s. Small part would take Peters, but none are in the same group. I will probably just stick to my plan this week before Teltoc came up. Good luck to those playing!

:beers:

4 Likes

Somehow I missed this sub-conversation about Thoth-Amun, and I just got caught up on it. Here’s my summary:

Amrath: Why shouldn’t I level Hero X?

Everyone: Because he/she isn’t as good as Rare Hero Y.

Amrath: But I don’t have Rare Hero Y. I have Hero X. I wish they would buff Hero X to make him/her has good as Rare Hero Y. But they probably won’t.

Muchacho: Hero X isn’t that bad. He/she is only bad if you don’t have Rare Hero Y.

Amrath: Well, I don’t have Rare Hero Y. But I have Hero X. And I have the materials to max Hero X. And I think Hero X looks pretty cool. Using Hero X is fun, too, except for people who have Rare Hero Y, apparently. But I don’t, so I’m going to level Hero X and just have fun with him/her, and I’ll not worry about not having Rare Hero Y.

Switch out Amrath for Noble Weasel and Hero X for Thorne, and you have the conversation I had with myself about a year ago. Today, my Thorne is up to +15 and gets pretty regular use. And for two Trials of Justice in a row, he’s used the Icecold Finisher to kill all three bosses in the same hit. That’s fun. Do I wish he was King Arthur? Sure, but he’s not. He’s Thorne. He looks cool, hits pretty hard, brings me enjoyment, and wins a lot more fights than 6 scopes in my inventory would. Max that Thoth-Amun, @amrath; then come here and tell us of his glorious exploits!

4 Likes

I thought I was being pro Thoth Amun?

Yes, you were. Didn’t mean to make it sound otherwise. You were simply explaining why Hero X has a bad reputation, but also disputing that by saying, “They aren’t as bad as their reputation. People only think they are bad because they compare them to other, rare heroes.”

2 Likes

Read this a few hours ago, but couldn’t respond then. Wasn’t going to, but I feel very strongly about this, so I decided to add my 2 cents…This is a game, and should be enjoyed. That should be the bottom line. Life itself gives us enough stress and problems. So I think it’s great that a major reason you are going to level up Thoth is you like his aesthetics. I have several heroes that I love that don’t get much respect. I’ve also gotten rid of some heroes that are stars around here. I tried them, and I didn’t like them. But what I used them for would be considered sacrilege to some. So good on you! And may you have fun and success with Thoth.

5 Likes

Well said @diecast, thanks for chiming in. Especially since most people on the thread are tired of hearing that from the same few :laughing:

5 Likes

indeed! cheers to us enjoying our “useless”" heroes like Noor or Margaret or Thoth-Amun or Inari.

Margaret is still a mainstay in my Green stacks and I use her a lot on elite enemy stages where each enemy has a special!

Inari is a key part of my mono Yellow stack, she combos very well with Joon, Malosi and Lady Wooly to keep my team alive.

:slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks for all your encouragement @Muchacho @diecast @sleepyhead @Noble_Weasel ! I’ve been so busy trying get it “right”, I forgot to have fun. :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Happy to help @amrath!

I have been tinkering myself with new leveled heroes and dusting off some others I forgot about myself.

I had a team set up for color stacks that worked, but revolved around the same heroes, etc so I was getting a little bored. Now I am doing a lot of AoE heroes with pretty much 0 snipers. Results are mixed, I have been surprised both ways. Today is generally not a surprised in a good way with raids though TBH :laughing:.

Point is even if I lose some I know my normal teams would have beat I am having fun and the game is less redundant then it was before. I hope Thoth does that for you too :crossed_fingers:.

Justice on offense in raids has been super fun and effective it turns out! You wouldn’t know from generally reading the boards. Even if she fires late the subsequent misses allow my healers to kick again so my other heroes live and recharge :+1:. That has turned around multiple fights already.

4 Likes

Fellow F2Pers, I have a D question as I strive (and regularly fail to date :laughing:) to get a D to keep me in diamond. I had recently switched to this:

This performed better than my previous Quintus tank. I was winning more defenses. As of this morning I finished moving some stuff around and have set this D:

I thought this was a better set up as I got fast special D boost, fast D boost to 3 and my tank is very sturdy. If she fires it is a pain as well. I considered adding a Joon wing next to Kadilen, but I thought color diversity would be better. :man_shrugging:

We’ll see how it holds up, but I wanted to get your take as I am likely missing something since I have been unable to get a team to do this to date.

Again, I just want to hold diamond, I am not looking for the unicorn known as the unbeatable D. :laughing:

EDIT: I just noticed I am doing my own vanilla D challenge apparently! :man_facepalming: :laughing:

3 Likes

I kind of prefer your first attempt (with Richard at tank). You balance out having two greens by having a sturdy blue tank. Not surprised that one held better than your Quintus tank. I know Justice is a fine tank, but the rest of your team in that D doesn’t really punish the attacker for stacking purple against her.

I wonder about going Quintus - Kadilen - Richard - Elkanen - Joon. This moves the flimsier Joon to the wing, where he’s less likely to take damage early, while putting Elkanen, the potential one-man army, on the flank. Both are fast mana and still likely to fire, but Elkanen’s cast will also heal him a bit. Again, the attacker that stacks against your green flanks still has to find a way to deal with your blue tank.

I get what you are doing with the Justice defense. Magni and Kadilen give some nice boosts to the defense of an already robust tank. I tried something like this with my Brynhild tank, putting Vela and Magni on the flanks, and it just didn’t work. In that case, those buffs were undispellable thanks to Brynhild, and the attackers were having their attack debuffed by Vela, but it still didn’t work. On the other hand, Brynhild isn’t as sturdy as Justice, and she doesn’t really punish the attacker when her special casts, which Justice clearly does. It was basically just a hang-around defense. Also, my Magni had no emblems. So this may work for you, but I think the early returns on your Richard-tanked defense are indicative of it’s potential effectiveness.

3 Likes

Thanks as always @Noble_Weasel.

In option 1 I slipped Joon to flank because when I looked at the core of Kadilen-Richard-Elkanen I just thought it was too easy to bring a green stack a pummel it. Maybe it wouldn’t work out that way, you never really know since you can’t see your D team fight.

I thought Justice could allow me to drop Joon as she’ll blind everyone, not just one. I thought her firing is more devastating then Richard too. I also thought Magni was a more helpful flank than Elkanen too. Not just for the D boost but because if he fires it hurts a lot more than Elkanen.

I think when I finally decide if it is Richard I would reset Justice as she performs well for when I use on offense without emblems. She got them just to maybe be a tank. If Justice stays my tank I wouldn’t reset Richard but wouldn’t add more to him until Justice gets higher.

What’s your current D @Noble_Weasel? You hold diamond, right? I think what’s hurt me the most is two things:

1 - Not focusing on troops.

2 - Spreading emblems to my attack heroes instead of piling them into D left them weaker than they could be.

2 Likes

That is possible. Kadilen and Elkanen aren’t especially punishing flanks, so that might be a concern. Also, green has some good dispelling options for Kadilen’s buff. Like you said, might just have to play around with it to see.

These are both true statements - if Justice fires. At slow mana, that can be a big if. In my experience, it’s about 50/50 for Justice to fire at all, where Richard almost always fires once, and sometimes twice. That could be a function of the relative strengths of my purple and green stacks, though. Also, Rigard is the natural counter for Justice, assuming you can hold him until she fires. Green doesn’t really have many natural counters for Richard’s attack down. Tarlak, maybe?

Yes, this is what I would recommend. If Richard is your guy, go all out with him. Justice won’t need the emblems if she isn’t tanking. I can’t really comment on emblemed vs. unemblemed Richard, as he is one of just two classic legendaries I don’t have yet, and he’d be behind Isarnia and Raffale for scopes anyway.

My current defense is Domitia +18 - Marjana + 3 - Brynhild +19 - Vela +11 - Poseidon +18. Yellow and purple troops are crit, the others are mana. That’s just the order I drew them in, and I stuck with it. All are level 23 or 24. You can see it a few posts above.

Probably about 75% of the time, yes, depending on how my offensive raids went during the day.

Possibly. I usually just use my barracks as a food sink until I run out of feeder troops. I haven’t paid much attention to how much the troops help. It’s possible this is why my Vela - Brynhild - Magni center didn’t hold up, though. I only have one set of blue troops leveled.

Again, this is possible, but you notice that I have a four-star at tank and a +3 hero at flank, so that might not make as much difference as you think. I’m inclined to believe that hero synergy makes better defenses than raw stats. I could be wrong, though. As you said, we can’t watch our defense’s performance, so it’s hard to know.

3 Likes

one thought on this one: whether @Muchacho 's center is Kadilen/Richard/Joon or Kadilen/Richard/Elkanen, I would still stack Green against that defense. I would not stack Red even with Kadilen and Elkanen flanks, as Richard is Blue.

But putting Joon as flank now opens you up to Purple stacks too - if Joon were your flank over Elkanen, I would bring Purple OR Green. If Elkanen was your flank, I would bring Green and not really consider Purple.

I would still go Elkanen as flank over Joon for reasons stated above; Elkanen is sturdier and can potentially survive longer due to self-heal. Added bonus is he will then protect your Joon, hopefully buying time for Joon to fire repeatedly.

I also agree with @Noble_Weasel 's observations re Richard as tank vs. Justice as tank. Even when stacking mono Green v. Richard and mono Purple v. Justice, Richard is WAY more likely to survive to fire in my experience.

4 Likes

Just finished all the completion rewards and spent all my coins in the perpetual pursuit of Jackal and Falcon. Twelve pulls total; seven classic three-stars plus the bat (dupe), three classic four-stars… and Falcon! After having saved for this event three different times, I finally hit paydirt. (Incidentally, I did split the pulls with my kids, per usual, but for once, it was Daddy’s finger on the button when Falcon came out!)

Would rather have had Jackal, as he pairs better with Poseidon and Joon, but I now have elemental defense down in blue (Nordri), green (Almur), and red (Falcon), so it’s tough to gripe too much. Didn’t get Glenda, obviously, but I’m not really upset about that, either, as I’ve already got Isarnia and Raff to level in blue, and I don’t know that she brings that much to my squad anyway.

Best of luck to all that will summon this event.

3 Likes

Woohoo :partying_face:! Congrats @Noble_Weasel! I have Jackal and no Falcon, but think Falcon is better TBH. Jackal is more desired because yellow has no vanilla Gormek equivalent, but Jackal can still only drop the D of one hero, not a whole side of a formation, per shot.

Thanks to you and @sleepyhead for the D team opinions. In asking elsewhere, and reading the boards in general, I think everyone has a strong purple team. It is just a very strong color in the sense of vanilla and special heroes. I may just pump Justice’s emblems onto Richard and call it a day. His high D with paladin bonus means he’ll fire at average more likely than not. With purple being so strong Justice won’t fire even if on paper that team looks sturdy. Richard should end up +10-12 or so. I know there are expensive nodes in that range to get through.

Speaking of paladin emblems, Guardian Falcon would be a great home for some :wink:.

3 Likes

Hi all! How’re you doing? I’m doing well this morning. :slightly_smiling_face:

Been fighting with Sif and I just do not know how to use riposte. :thinking: She is at 4/17. Used her on titans and don’t know if she adds anything. Same scores. My team is Neith 3/70, Sif, Li Xiu +3, Drake +7 and Poseidon +7. Switched Neith out for Vivica 3/70 and gained 2,000 pts. But that could have been the boards. Not a great increase though, I’m sure.

So, how to use Sif. And does she add anything to titans?

Good point. Yes, my purple titan team needs lots of help, and Jackal would have been great for that, but you are right about Falcon being able to drop elemental D on a whole side of the field in a raid. Feeling better about that pull already. Thanks.

I truly think that’s the right call. Raiding between 2500 and 2700 cups, I almost never see Justice, but I still see Richard with some regularity. Nodes 8 and 10 are really expensive, but then it feels like cruise control to get to 18. My Vivica picked up 3 nodes just on the completion rewards from Guardians legendary mode. She’s now at +13.

Yeah, I’m gonna be in a quandry now. I’m loving my Thorne +15, as you know, but all of a sudden, he has upcoming competition for emblems from Falcon and Zulag. Good problem to have, I suppose, but it’s gonna be tough to decide whether Zulag is a good tank without being able to emblem her out.

Open questions for me - leave Shadereave at 3^60 and start Falcon, or finish Shadereave first? Both will make my green titan team when finished, I suspect. Also, save challenge coins for next Guardians to try and get Jackal, or save for Grimforest instead, since I think Pixie, Hansel, and Gretel would all be great additions for me?

1 Like

Unless you have a specific reason otherwise, I would do Guardian Falcon first. Shadereave will help survivability which will indirectly help your score. Falcon will make your damage/scores explode. I believe you mentioned you fight 3-4* titans so I don’t know if survivability is as big of an issue. The reduced percent D drop from an elemental D drop is huge.

Sounds like Grimforest as you have more targets, therefore more opportunity for success. Jackal would be great on titans, but your yellow raid team is already solid, so adding him, if you do, would make for somewhat limited increase to the team. Possibly even a survivability issue in diamond as he is flimsy. You could see yourself down a hero early A LOT with him.

Hansel and/or Gretel add increased functionality/use in more areas of the game over Jackal IMO if you don’t already have Hel, Proteus, or other A level mana controller.

For a tank position, yes. I do think she can be a great addition to a grinding offense team in provinces and raids and in that scenario she needs them less. If it were me, I would get Falcon to +18 and then do Zulag. You could throw the first node in Zulag for the chance of D bonus, but her power alone increases her survivability. You have a D that keeps you in diamond so you can play with a tank down the road. Playing her elsewhere first will give you a better feel to her spot in D too.

3 Likes