The FTP Rebellion. Who wants to join? (Part 1)

Team I used for epic 10

Can ignore the items. 2 sets of arrows were used to kill the end mob enemy before boss as didn’t have tiles and had been timing for Gullipig to go off almost immediately got to boss stage. But no other item usage due to the meter

It was slow (10mins) and methodical but went ok. I lost Wilbur, but everyone else had boosted health left at the end.

4 Likes

I finished Epic on the first try with c sabina, treevile, Franz, proteus and jott,

I really only fire treevile and franz and once sabina just for health. definitely the key was proteus with the mana control, Tree was more for the debuff and no items

Thanks for the strategy advise everyone. I will definitely use proteus for legendary

2 Likes

I beat epic 9 and it was easier than 8. It took like 6 minutes again and I don’t use any items. It just doesn’t work out with the counter when I would need them. I essentially have 4 mana controllers and an overhealer:

costume Chao to fire right away (and make a 3 stack in yellow for tiles)
Gretel and Merlin I hold until need.
Ferent reduces mana gain when you hit his riposte (least effective of the 4)
Then the pig.

If 10 is more like 9 than 8 I should be fine. They haven’t seem to hit that hard to date, they just have so much HP.

The mobs dying easy almost works against me as I can’t charge the pig that fast and go in with double health, or atleast it is harder to.

Anyone get a gargoyle hero yet?

:beers:

3 Likes

I don’t even know what I would do if I did have him :laughing: I guess bring more damage dealers? Luckily all my heroes have decent A values aside from Ferent.

Ugh, I keep getting commercials for a pet store chain that is notorious for selling puppy mill puppies. Of course in the commercial it implies they find these adorable puppies in an unfenced field where the weather is always 75 and sunny and everyone is just constantly laughing for no reason …. I couldn’t watch that for more than I already do.

My issue in events is always speed. I can go through and lose no one and use virtually no items, but your score is only good if it is done fast. Kind of lame IMO.

4 Likes

You are right and this approach from SG is simply ridiculous.
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, how do they expect people to read - not to mention understand - skills whose descriptions are longer than some mathematical proofs in a timed competition?

This is ridiculous: just tell us what the frigging enemies are and do.

Now, I want to be very clear about one fact

i.e. it’s not like I’m unable to finish or I’m performing poorly.
But if you lack Proteus, Gullimbursti and Treevil this is really not fun particularly at level 10.
If things go south because a combo inadvertently brings you to last stage, you are flooded with green - that most likely you didn’t bring - or have to deal with Wu Wrong you are a sitting duck exposed to oneshots.
That’s FAR from funny or entertaining and basically the reason no one has ever thought to develop Duck Hunt ™ the other way around.

Can you finish the event? Yes.
Can you enjoy the event? :thinking:

5 Likes

Nice scores your queenly-highness.

I only have the pig on that list. We’ll see what my hodge-podge band of brigands can muster on epic 10. I am certain my score won’t be near yours.

The red boss has hit a ton previously, I am not worried of him. The blue can prevent my mana control I believe as it is an ailment, so he shouldn’t fire. Killing purple is the big threat, but with 3 stacked yellow hopefully that works. Otherwise make sure riposte is up and see? :crossed_fingers:

Also, you managed a great score for someone who doesn’t play the game anymore. I suppose any score would have been great then.

5 Likes

The only thing I know about the gargoyle heroes is the green one looks like Hellboy. Other than that no idea. I see them fire and hope I still have people standing.

4 Likes

Knowing them matter more in raids and PvP I think. Just like bosses on maps, they skew the stats and power levels so you kind of know what they do, but they never tell you the tweaks in PvE so you still don’t full know what to expect.

2 Likes

I was focused elsewhere* so I am up to Rare 10 atm. I haven’t touched both Epic and Legendary. :sweat_smile:

*Finishing off Zeline plus I had to pause playing to time my level up with the titan. :wink:

3 Likes

At each difficulty i breezed through 1-9 with zero problems. and then died on 10 in each one. although i do have to say, the prospect of going back just to improve my score on 10 seems much less onerous than just trying to finish it the first time. And I have some other heroes i could try people have mentioned (Treevil, Franz) though i lack some others (Wilbur, Gulli), but it seems like i might do better now that i have a better understanding of how the stoneskin works.

yuck. 9/10 times for me it’s royal match or some zombie-themed game. and i just put the phone down for 30s and come back and get my gem and arrow attack.

Since I might go back to do a few levels again, i’m going to wait and see if i can get enough coins for 3 pulls, i seem to always have better luck that way. and i’m only 3 coins short of that. although i don’t really care for any of the gargoyles, it might be worth it to try for Kara i guess.

For me, ‘sort of’ and ‘not so far, no’. :laughing:

4 Likes

That is the sole reason I will summon on it. Although non-vanilla yellows hate me. Devana dropped me like I was hot. Clearly I am over it….

4 Likes

@Harlikwen Thanks for sharing your team and strategy. :+1:

Sorry, I know some people here don’t have a Wilbur/Proteus; I don’t have Sergei either but appreciate @Harlikwen. :smile:

2 Likes

I’m trying to pass on summoning this event. Challenge Festival will be back next time, and I’d prefer not to miss out on Treevil again.

It seems like Treevil has replaced Bauchan’s place as a 3* I keep trying for, but don’t get. :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

Thank you very Much[acho] :kissing_heart:

I have none :sweat_smile:
I’m far from a deep knowledge of Gulli so have no idea how relevant it can really be, but I can see how the overhp can get you through one of those oneshots, especially if reposted.

I believe you can score higher, really.
My tools were basically Sabina (with costume bonus), Kornel, Mist/LJ, C.Grimm and Wu Wrong.
Kornel was the game changer and it wasn’t immediate to get it going with rest of the cast and the stoneskin bar but he does matter.

But it looks like you really need to be able to read the situation (being good at math on the fly helps) which would be nice if there weren’t plenty of situations whose only read is “this is lost”.

It’s a new event so my guess is I’m as prepared as anyone else for this. When facing new problems I’m generally pretty good, but I expect scores to get much higher in the next two days.

Truth be told I did replay a few levels, but that was mostly to understand how my mates could get through them.
I ranked curiously high from the get go :woman_shrugging:t3:

That’s one of the bad things of this format.
For many F2Ps the way to deal with these enemies is “whatever, if they start firing I’m dead anyways”

3 Likes

I don’t know… We’ve had what, 3 Festivals so far and about to get another one here next month. The frequency of the Festival has been pretty frequent, and it looks like they are doing this on schedule with each new set of costume 5* they release. Bauchan was different, because Avalon used to only return once every 5 months, so logically it took us both long to acquire the little goblin (I think we ended up getting him in the first Festival).

So your chances at Treevil is currently still every other month (until the event costumes are done being released, at least).

3 Likes

Levelling Zeline up is more fun anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Twenty necklaces of pearls of wisdom :relieved:

3 Likes

so, i just posted in the main thread about it trying to help someone with L10, but i just went back and redid it and beat it on the first try no problem. i had been trying so hard - too hard - to not set off the stoneskin meter, but that basically doesn’t matter. in fact, you can intentionally set it off using small items, do some move that’s not going to trigger a cascade, then in the next turn fire Proteus or whatever mana control you’re using and it’s like that meter barely matters. a couple times i used a timestop to trigger the meter so they had almost no mana the next turn, then froze them with Proteus. very effective for Legendary.

I also realized i have some really good yellow heroes for this specifically so i stacked yellow and boy did that help. i ended up killing Goseck basically straightaway, and used 3 or 4 timestops but only Gailard fired once the whole time.

i don’t know if Epic will be quite so easy, but without timestops i’ll probably go with some combination of regular Chao, Li Xiu, Mist, Treevil, and/or Proteus for maximum mana control and some healer and see how that goes. maybe Griffin for pure damage in yellow. really wishing my Gretel was levelled up right now, but alas, she’s at 2/1.

congrats to those who finished and good luck if you’re still working on it!

5 Likes

Bummer. :-1:

We both know that RNG will RNG. :unamused::rofl:

3 Likes

You are correct. :smile:

The next Challenge Festival will include the last lot of costumes that were previously in beta - C-Panther, C-BK and C-Rumpelstiltskin.

I think it is just a question of when more costumes will be added to the Challenge Festival. Care to share what you think @PlayForFun?

3 Likes