The FTP Rebellion. Who wants to join? (Part 1)

Whatever I did at the end of 2020 to anger the Costume Chamber has carried into 2022. Not sure what I did to deserve such bad juju. Best thing from the bonus chest was an orb.

Kind of a bummer as my list of missing 4’s is still pretty long relatively. Still no use for purple aether a either.

I am glad I didn’t spend gems.

Time to collect more keys so the chamber can :poop: on my hopes again in 2 months.

:beers:

EDIT: All dupes.

1 Like

It’s only ugly if it doesn’t work. Congrats on finding a way to grab those uber-rare mats. And on completing the Masquerade on hard.

I agree with @SamMe here, @Muchacho . If you don’t have a specific need for one of the villains, I find the Starfall heroes better. I really want Candy so I can have a healer for my mono rare yellow squad, and I’ll be saving my challenge coins for that event (the few I’ll have after breaking the bank on Challenge Festival).

I need to do this also. Having one in costume and one out of costume should be brutal. But my list of blues remains long, and so I’ve fed away all my dupes of Grimm to this point. Needed the roster space worse, and he’s not super difficult to replace now that I’m running HA8 until C. Cat shows up.

I had dreams of Boril as a super tank, since I didn’t have a good tank hero. (My tanks were Danza and then Domitia for longer than I’d care to admit. When I finally got my Boril rounding into shape, I drew Krampus, and all bets were off. I then found Boril so underwhelming that I reset him from +18. But now, I’ve been stacking up cleric emblems like mad, so Boril is back to +18, but he only comes out in buff booster epic tourneys.

Sorry to hear this. If you find out how you angered the costume portal, let me know. I must have done the same thing to HA10. WIth this morning’s Elkanen, I am now an eye-watering 1-for-64 on getting non-S1 heroes from that thing. I would say I must have stolen Jobu’s rum, but I don’t drink! :laughing:

4 Likes

Aren’t I glad that I haven’t seen touched Season 4? Not one single stage touched, not one single summon made, and my exposure to Season 4 material has been looking through hero art in the summon portal, facing against S4 heroes in raid tourneys, and receiving Underpants coins via RNG?

You bet.

1 Like

I was really hoping they would slow down the release of seasons… but I guess some things are too much to ask for…

It’ll probably be a few months before I complete all the Season 4 missions, but the upside is that they should have the S4 event with reduced WE map stages when S5 is released.

3 Likes

Ironically, I decided recently to make a push in S4 for the rest of this month to see how many coins I can accumulate to make some more pulls in search of Viscaro. That could change, though, if a March or April HotM shows up in beta next week that looks worth going after. Not that Isis (February HotM) looks bad, but blue is already my strong color. A good red in March could make me hesitate, though.

Same here with the exception I have done 2 summons based on coins from monster chests, etc. They both resulted in vanilla 3’s. Oddly I do have an S4 4* via BF portal!

Anyways, almost done with S3 hard. Over 75% done. It’ll be nice to do all S4 at reduced cost though if I am still playing. I intend to stick to my S3 proclamation.

Missing 3* costumes: none

Missing 4* S1 costumes: Rigard, Hu Tao, Cyprian, Gormek, Melendor. From these really only Rigard, Gormek and Melendor’s are an issue.

Missing 5* S1 costumes: Only cMarjana. Seriously, she’s the only one I’m actually missing, although I only have Thorne, Magni and Elkanen’s :rofl: Still if I get several more red mana troops for the Falcons, she won’t be missed that much.

HA 5 had been strangely helpful the moment I decided I need six Shrubbears for rush…today got the fifth one. No Bauchan yet, and once I get him, I will terminate HA 5, even though I am a bear short :slight_smile:

I got one more key and pulled. Yes, you guessed it, a 3*.

Kailani’s costume is great! Grats.

Both are great. At the beginning I used Grimm’s costume only for the bonuses it provides, however nowadays I think I respect the costumed version better. Plus, it is a rogue, and that Evade talent is much more significant in raids compared to the Barbarian’s Wound. I use both costumed and non-costumed Grimm in the vast majority of my raids.

That is what I’m running since I got the costume. cKiril, Grimm and cGrimm.

Ugh, feel you there. Kiril’s cotume is great by itself. Scarlett’s mostly for the bonus, however the upgrade of her attack is significant and tile damage matters, especially if you go around like me beating people’s 5000+ tp defences with 4* mono…

Jahangir’s costume allows him to charge in 6 tiles for 3* Rush. One of the few AoE where costume bonus matters in rush actually, the other ones are cUlmer and cOberon.

I got Snow White (with costume) on an alt. Not really amazing or anything :slight_smile: I think Frank is still better. Have a couple of his costume on alts as well. I guess alts don’t count though.

If I may suggest, focus on building your 4* force first. Anyway, a 3* without full emblems is mostly dead meat nowadays vs all those LB 20-emblemed defences everyone musters at every 3* tournament. Even for events 3* without emblems aren’t worth much. It’s good to have at least one team for events of course…It’s just that emblemed 4* will win you a lot more in terms of 3* mats and emblems from just completing Legendary challenge event, whereas even if you have several heavily emblemed and LB 3*, it’s still not a guarantee that you will gain anything big out of them.

Doesn’t always work however yes, that was my early tactic as well. You will find a hard time versus Damage over Time (burn, poison) unless you bring in double cleansers like Rigard.

Against the foes currently listed in the quest you should have no trouble with the Riposte + heal tactic. If they hit too hard, use an axe to decrease their attack.

Grats. It seldom is unless you have OP 5* heroes which allow you to press Auto. Of course, then it becomes boring…

Great progress there, I simply cannot keep up, the Valhalla forever lasts for only so short a time and I don’t really want to push forward at the absurd regular WE costs… Anyway on the subject of Villains, I’d say Starfall is better looking because of two 4* shinies, Marcel and d’Andre.

3 Likes

Star fall is definitely one I will do as I haven’t done it yet. That’s where colors change or something, right?

I just like the aesthetic and idea of Villains. It is close to CoK, which was kind of a lot. I am a little event burned out. I typically don’t have time for titans when I do events. We have strung a few 10’s now. I would hate to be the reason we skip to 9’s (although we will eventually).

I do events wrong, they take me too long. Hoping G Falcon helps. :man_shrugging: I did best CoK, but still. Some were saying that was still too easy …

1 Like

Yes, exactly. I frankly thought you complete them all. Color change is not random, but chameleon-like (turns your heroes to their strong color match, so purple-yellows alternate, however it’s a bit tricky with the other three colors). And it deals damage to everyone which cannot be guarded against. It’s a good tactic to prepare and keep all sorts of power shards for the boss fights on the last stage because you will need them all as colors change…And of course, don’t bring a purple mono unless you hope to finish a stage in less than 5 turns…

1 Like

I complete them all at least once. A while ago I decided they got boring and skipped them some times. Now they’re a lot of new rules making them interesting. For a while the challenge didn’t matter, it was the same thing with a new skin.

I may start “competing” at them soon. By that I mean usually do slow and steady to complete. I will go faster than that. Certainly won’t be competing in general. Maybe my mindset has never lent itself towards those kinds of teams. The grinder come naturally somehow.

I haven’t mono’d an event before. Using mana controllers I have multiple colors. I will see what I can muster.

Yeah, with a yellow reflect. Personally, I go with RGB teams to avoid that issue. It does mean that many mana controllers aren’t available, but Hansel and Peters are still there. You can roll the dice and throw in a purple or yellow hero, but then you’ll have to be careful not killing them. It does lead to some interesting situations where you might be out of colors to charge a hero, but then they switch colors and you get the tiles you need.

1 Like

Sounds fun actually.

I have a fair amount of mana control, but it is only in yellow and green. Not sure Peters will be ready, but LJ and Hansel will be.

Another key strategy is overheal, but it sounds like the pig is out. Maybe the master thread for it has some good ideas.

nice, I often use base Kiril, C-Grimm and normal Grimm together too.

And yeah, I would be much more annoyed at not having Kiril’s costume if he wasn’t +19 with a level 17 mana troop… as it is, at least I’m mainly missing the stat bonus. I usually use base Kiril with C-Magni or Isarnia anyway, so his attack buff is more useful than having a defense debuff

Honestly, I hadn’t been using Grimm too much because I have other options for def down (Athena, and cKiril), but the costume attack up is definitely a good option. It’ll be something that I’ll have to experiment with, and I didn’t realize he was a rogue, so that’ll be something to check out.

Keep in mind, Director Zuri heals for insane amounts - ppl have been complaining about fight going on forever, neither side can win if you go too passive (with minion makers, healers and riposte heroes for example). However I believe this time she’s been slightly nerfed as a boss.

It actually kind of is. It’s the only one of the new mechanics I generally like. I still usually go mono, but if things go well, about the time you exhaust all of your strong color from the board, the color changes, and you’re in business again. Of course, when it all goes to crap, you usually get the color you need right about the time it changes also!

1 Like

yup, I like the mechanic for the same reason - gives some flexibility. is the board awful for your color now? then set it up for the next color in the cycle…

1 Like

I like starfall (most of the time). It’s another event which u actually have to think to play.

2 Likes

I just want Rigard’s costume!!! Please please RNG, just give me one :cry:

Booooo from me too!!

2 Likes