The FTP Rebellion. Who wants to join? (Part 1)

please don’t start giving SG ideas on making this event even more terrible hahaha

3 Likes

Hey all! The costume chamber has come around again, which is a potential game changer for us F2Pers. I hope everyone has good luck on their summons!

I got 2 Gunnars and an Azar, all dupes. I was hoping to get a better chance at Sonya and Rigard before more heroes enter the pool, but o well. I had been on quite a tear though, so I won’t complain.

1 key short of a 4th summon, but the chests were not kind.

Good luck :crossed_fingers:

:beers:

3 Likes

Man, was I itching to summon with both Lianna and Vivica featured this time, but I’ve had really good luck with the four-star costumes that have already been released, and I really need to wait for the new ones, since it’s more likely I’ll get something I don’t have there. @TGW, you made the right call trying to get Sonya and Rigard before the pool gets diluted, though. They are every bit as good as advertised. Sorry it didn’t work out.

I have 16 key summons ready to rock, probably 19 or 20 by the time I finish the quest next month. I think I’ll only summon next month if Marjana is featured, since I don’t really need Glenda (November HotM) that much. Reuben (December HotM) doesn’t look like a game-changer, but unless I pull Gefjon tomorrow, I need a red legendary way worse than a blue one. Still fastidiously saving gems as well, hoping to get to a costume 30-pull at some point in the next few months. Can you imagine a FTP doing 50+ pulls (keys and gems) at one time in one portal? Madness!

2 Likes

They already made the Ice blocks unbearable, that made me unable to finish the Christmas event the first year, nothing I could say would not have crossed their minds. Including Ice-block Valhalla Oni Stones!

My first pull was Ishhtak (new), the other two were Balthy and Baner, dupes. So I will at least get one new hero to work on.

I really don’t get their distribution pattern, this last batch would not include any Nature heroes because they were already all released in the first two. The overabundance of Holy heroes for this last batch is very strange.

I am still looking for Orange Peel Belith (I used her a lot in 3* events, but she has been substituted for now with FT the Explorer), Chef BT (stat boost), Gene Simmons Tibs (stat boost), Viking Sonya (stat boost), and my ultimate goal is still getting a costume for Isarnia, because she is the Queen (and stat boost). So maybe my next 10x pull will be for a costume event in which she was featured (and even then chances are slim), but things will definitely get tougher as the pool increases in size…

So perhaps SGG technically did not lie (too much)… Out of the all the new features they released recently (Revamped Seasonal events, Valhalla, Tavern, Ninja Tower, etc.), Costume chamber is the “most” F2P friendly in terms of getting new things (despite still behind a paywall). I wouldn’t mind they make it even friendlier by making costumes attainable through higher levels (or Advanced TC).

Off topic rant… I really hope they not name the purple mythical Titan Hades… It is a clear slap across the face to Athena, Ares, and mostly to Poseidon. Why do they get to be regular heroes and Hades a Titan with 50 million hit points that can one shot them with impunity?

I typically don’t see keys dropping from sources (such as chests or MV) “during” when the costume event is active, unless they are elemental chest where a key is a confirmed loot drop.

1 Like

Just from initial head portrait from POV, she looked like she used a tad too much Splenda… I kid, I kid.

I think Leonidas who will go full Spartan would agree with you… About the Madness part.

2 Likes

If I thought I would get Leo’s costume, I would genuinely hesitate about giving Joon the darts when I get him to 3^70 later this week. I already have Poseidon when I need a fast yellow sniper, and Leo’s costume looks legit. Drawing a Mist or a Guillinbursti (or both :drooling_face:) tomorrow to give my yellow feeders to might be all the excuse I need to wait and see.

1 Like

I thought you already had a maxed Leo? Costume also do not use 4* mats. So you can give Joon the Darts if you want.

1 Like

Nope. Leo sat sadly at 3^70, watching Poseidon, Onatel, and Vivica take darts before him. He was probably positioned to get the next set, as I had pretty much decided on him over Norns, but just before the most recent Shiloh quest - BAM! - Joon shows up from my training camp. So I’ve been leveling Joon since then, and he’s now at like 3^63. I only have seven darts (thanks to a recent lucky raid chest), so whoever I don’t choose next will be waiting a while. I will do some Valhalla pulls tomorrow on the off chance of landing Gefjon, and if no other yellow projects come up from that, I will probably go ahead and ascend Joon, even though I feel like vanilla Leo is a better hero than he gets credit for.

And thank goodness for that, even though I haven’t had the good fortune to pull a five-star costume yet. I would still get use out of Leo’s costume at 3^70. The elemental defense down could help with the baby titans I fight and maybe add just enough oomph to yellow tiles for a late war team.

1 Like

I really admire your confidence in your off chances.

1 Like

Not confidence, per se, but if you’re saving your pulls to target a hero, you have to at least plan for the possibility of landing that hero.

3 Likes

Lol, that’s confidence in the chances, to a certain degree, or in a manner of speaking, wouldn’t you agree? Looking back at my 30X pull in this Atlantis. My primary goal when I started was actually a simple “I can say I did it at least once” in this game. If I can get some heroes that I don’t already have, that’s awesome. If there were any kind of plans I set for myself ahead of time, leading up to the 30x would have probably been:

• Set Atlantis as the target of the 30x :white_check_mark:
  • Continue to not purchase roster space :white_check_mark:
  • Set aside enough gems so if I somehow landed more unique heroes than my current roster can handle, I will have the currency to buy roster space for the first time. :white_check_mark:

So 8400+ gems took me almost 10 months to hoard. It all went down the drain in less than a minute.

• So did I do the 30x pull on Atlantis :ballot_box_with_check:
  • Did I get any unique heroes out of the 30x? :ballot_box_with_check:
  • Did I get someone I was hoping to get? :ballot_box_with_check: (I got Fishface, and Atomos was cherry on top)
  • Was I able to avoid buying roster space? :ballot_box_with_check: (Out of the 30x pull, only 2 uniques, needless to say the rest of my roster dined very well that night on Atlantean seafood).

Any way, best of luck to you on your off chance on tomorrow’s Valhalla (or whenever you decide to spend get your daughters to join your summoning party). I am still holding onto my 2217 Valhalla coins (that’s 1920 from finishing all currently released 24 provinces on Normal/Hard, the rest were RNG trickles with more coming) until Season 3 is over, as you know.

2 Likes

I guess, to a degree. But it’s basically “if I don’t pull, there’s a zero percent chance that I get Gefjon, but if I pull a few, there is a non-zero chance that I get Gefjon”. I didn’t have any use whatsoever for the panda in September, so I intentionally did not pull anywhere in September. I am pulling Valhalla this month because Gefjon is the featured hero, and she would benefit my roster more than any of the other previewed S3 heroes at this point. (Thor and Odin are both yellows, and I have a backlog there anyway.) But it’s not like I’m pinning all my hopes on Gefjon. I would also love to land Mist, Guillibursti, and/or Almur, who are all more realistic targets. But I can get them any month; trying in October because of Gefjon. Ideally, there would be a desirable HotM also, but Zulag is kinda meh. If I get her, I’ll still weigh her against Quintus, but if I don’t, no big loss.

It’ll be the same with the costume keys I’m hoarding. Ideally, I’ll summon those in December or January, depending on whether January’s HotM looks better or worse than Reuben. But if Marjana’s costume is released and featured in November, I’ll probably pull then, even though I don’t really need Glenda. But again, I’m not just pulling for Marjana’s costume. I need a ton of three- and four-star costumes (and all the new ones, obviously), but I can get those any month. Might as well pull when I have a higher chance of getting the long-shot I want most. (And if they feature Marjana with either Leo or Thorne, I’m going for broke with my keys and gems that month, regardless of the HotM.)

I guess that’s confidence in the chances, but it’s about like Jim Carrey confidence in his chances in Dumb and Dumber:

1 Like

Hopefully by going all out (Spartan style) on your keys would prove to be fruitful, mi compadre.

Since I had managed to pull Malosi in April and Noor in June off of single pulls, I thought maybe I was turning a corner or two on these. So while I probably could have done the 30x in September, I told my alliance mates (who knows F2P) that I am going to hold off on doing my pull because I don’t want another Holy HoTM (trying to go for a rainbow here, Bai Yeong’s usefulness as a card aside) and say, hey maybe I’ll get a purple HoTM in Zulag if I pull in October.

Of course one of them was being the realist and thought if I might not be over-estimating my chances, and of course, just like you, if I don’t pull, there would be 0% chance right? Well, 30x pull done, Grimforest coins pull done, Ninja Tower coin pull done, Costume Keys pull done, which means the end of my October summoning activities, no Zulag. Yeah, a good lesson to pull myself out of reality and lower my expectations as to not feel disappointed if something I go for does not happen even if I try to increase my chances many-times fold.

Perhaps the next time I do my large volume gem pulls will be when Isarnia is a featured costume once again, but I will probably still spend the keys to try to shore up unique costumes.

1 Like

Yeah, I’d be bummed by doing that many pulls and not getting the HotM, even knowing the odds. As you say, I got Onatel on two pulls, Poseidon on two pulls, and I think Ranvir on four, so it kinda feels like it’s either your day or it’s not.

@Shohoku79 I gotta agree with @Noble_Weasel on this. especially if the hero you’re pulling for is a 3* or 4*. and HOTMs have decent chances too.

I saved up for a 10-pull to try for Hansel, Gretel and Pixie. Ended up with 2x Hansel and 2x Pixie, who serve me well almost daily :wink:

Optimistic? yes. Confident? not really (no control over that). But hey, expect the worst but plan for the best, right? imagine not planning to get that hero, and suddenly getting it, and oops well I already spent my ascension mats on another hero, dang why could I not have waited a month…

of course, I agree, sometimes we got horrendous luck with pulls (I remember 7 pulls during Guardians with nothing to show for it, and I’ve done over 15 in Valhalla now with Shadereave as my “best” result)… but that’s why I expect the worst. But plan for the best :stuck_out_tongue:

**still impressed at your patience hoarding up for a 30-pull, I don’t know if I could manage that, frankly. I think I will give it a try, now that Leonidas and Marjana costumes will be elemental defense debuffers, and I feel less of a need to try for Falcon and Jackal in Guardians… so Valhalla looks like the portal to be.

Dear @akionna @amrath @Muchacho , I remember you all have Fura.

and @CaptainjaKCsparrow not sure if you have her, but saw you posting on her disc thread with some good tips :slight_smile:

How are you finding her? I just pulled her from Valhalla, gonna level and ascend her as I have no other Purples in queue (except a 2nd Sartana), and I have 7 Trap Tools currently so why not? (holding my Tabards for a few months to see if I get lucky in Valhalla - saving up for a 30x pull).

Plus, I lack Purple hitters (though I know Fura’s special doesn’t hit that hard). And I don’t have any Purple heal blockers either.

I’m definitely ascending her, just wondering how best to use her. Any tips welcome :slight_smile:

Field aid wars for sure, and against healer-heavy defenses.

Currently have the ff. Purples:

• Seshat +9 (still the Queen of my roster!)
  • Sartana w/ costume +6 (going to +7 soon)
  • Aeron +3
  • Proteus +19
  • 2nd Proteus +6
  • 2x Sabina +20 (I don’t have many other Sorcerers!)
  • Tiburtus +11
  • 2nd Tiburtus +3
  • Cyprian +3
  • Rigard (no costume) +15
    *2nd Rigard +2

Domitia’s stuck at 3/70, but could get bumped up if I pull her costume.
2nd Sartana and costume are approaching 2/60, but I’m not too hot about ascending a dupe 5* just yet.
Obakan’s at 2/60, and not impressed by his costume stats reported from Beta so far, either.

1 Like

Congrats, new heroes are fun!

To date I am not a huge fan of her. Field Aid wars she can be helpful, same with healer heavy raids. That being said those types of raids can be protracted and she is relatively squishy. I think her power would be better if it’s amplified by Almur or another Fura. She rarely goes raiding with me.

If you’re curious about her heal reduction and damage abilities I broke down the math in her thread a few times. The gem is her heal reduction, not the -100 HP. That is secondary to amplify her heal reduction IMO.

Provinces you don’t run into healing which reduces her to a decent A value, AoE, average speed hitter :man_shrugging:. My normal set up would be c-Tibs, Fura, then Quintus to drop the hammer. This clears boards fast.

Mine is emblemed to +18 primarily because I literally have no other wizards. If a decent one were to come along I would strip her in a heartbeat. Even with no other wizards I am not doing nodes +19 & +20 in the foreseeable future. I would point out that doesn’t mean I regret maxing her.

Her high A value is good for tile stacking and titans. The reason her A value is so high is due to emblems, so if she gets stripped is she as useful, maybe not. That depends on your roster. You have a good list of purples though.

Even without emblems I would use her, though it is mostly because I am like @Shohoku79 and don’t keep dupes.

She is a neat hero, with a cool mechanic, and potential, so I get SG’s reluctance to her abilities. If tweaked incorrectly she could be pretty OP or really out there. That being said I think in her current version they were a bit too cautious.

Here is mine:

Play around and let me know, maybe I am missing something you’ll discover.

Good luck out there! :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

thanks @Muchacho , great balanced write-up! Appreciate all the thoughts. I’m looking forward to maxing her and testing her out, keeping your balanced assessment in mind.

I think she’ll come out to play in 4* Tourneys where I go mono. That’s my weak spot re Purples. She’ll at least be a 2nd direct hitting Purple after Tibs :slight_smile: (something which Proteus, Sabina, Rigard and Cyprian can’t do lol). And will be a good back-up vs. other healers in case Proteus can’t mana block em.

2 Likes

I hear she is good in fast tournies, but I don’t play the raid tournies much due to time. One other perk is she provides hitting in some wizard trials. She is my only damage dealing special wizard.

I hadn’t thought about it in this context before, but Tibs is the only damage dealing vanilla purple 4*. She could certainly help there too, especially if you’re a mono guy. The again you’re the luckiest F2P I know you’re probably just like “I will just bring my Panther and Jabberwocki” :rofl:

I saw someone had a +20 Fura attack path. There is another damage node so she would be over 820 A value. Given how relatively abundant emblems are and that fact I still have no other wizards I may just do it. My wizards are Kiril +20 and Kashhrek +1. If I get Kashhrek’s costume it’s a whole different ball game. :crossed_fingers:

Let me know hit it goes. I still hope I am just missing something with her still.

2 Likes

HAHAHAHA I wish I were that lucky. My luck just happened to start early, but then it also ended early, Malosi is the last non-vanilla 5* I’ve pulled :rofl:

Purple 4s have always been a weak spot for me in terms of actual hitting. I do have great ones, but it’s in 4 tourneys where I struggle - no Merlin, Gafar, Jabbar to back up Tibs. So it’s double Proteus, mana block / DoT / stall, and two healers to buy time for Tibs and tiles and Protys to actually kill t he enemy lol

Will keep you posted. I say go ahead and emblem Fura bit by bit, the emblems won’t do any good sitting in your inventory. And unless you have another Wizard waiting for mats… that’s my personal approach anyway :slight_smile:

Kash costume is worth it. Ninja tower and the Mysticism class quest made me realize how amazing his boosted HP thingie is. hope you get it!

2 Likes