The FTP Rebellion. Who wants to join? (Part 1)

A not-slow red legendary. That’s basically what I’m in the market for. Yang Mai isn’t spectacular either, but at least she isn’t slow.

Yes, I see the value there. I was just aiming for bigger fish today.

2 Likes

Sorry to disappoint you, Reuben isn’t worth any rings. The few I encounter on defense I ignore - they are no threat whatsoever (even with the 20% + to attack). On offense…hm…not good attributes, weak special ability, and his anti-DoT mechanic isn’t useful either. I’d suggest you look for more Marjana copies to max instead. I have Reuben and am seriously considering to eat him + the second Azlar when my roster becomes too clogged.

Vollermork isn’t Elizabeth. He doesn’t hit, he doesn’t slow mana generation. Even in 3* bloody battle or rush tourney he just isn’t good enough. I pulled him and ate him ASAP. He is either a win-more (when you are already winning anyway) or can’t help you when it’s too late. I prefer Jahangir with costume bonus for rush (20 nodes of sorcerer emblems ofc to fire in 6 tiles) and cNashgar with emblems and possibly LB for bloody battle - these are way more useful even in multiples (not to mention cNashgar LB and with emblems having 766 atk).

1 Like

Thanks for the advice on Griffin, it all confirms my impression. Oh, I got yet another Tyrum this morning from one of my TC20… And Richard from the other one :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

I’m also on the disappointed not to get a Reuben bandwagon @Noble_Weasel had thought I was the only one…

1 Like

For me personally my only red 5* was Azlar. My red teams were +18-20 4’s (pre aethers) with low survivability and max attack for the most part. Azlar didn’t jive well with the rest.

Reuben offered faster speed to match the rest of the team, a hit 3 to follow Gormek and Scarlett to clean up a side, a high A value for tiles (he probably would be on my titan team).

He also helped survivability with minions. I know they were weak via my experience with Glenda, but my HP and D on my reds was so low anything helped. My big red hitters rely on rogue evade, which DoT avoids and he could reduce DoT. Both of these help because Boldtusk has a fairly low heal percentage compounding my low HP/D issue at the time.

I have since gotten Zim from HA10, and the balance of the vanilla red 5’s so I have more variety. I am confident if I had gotten him I wouldn’t regret maxing him now that I have more options though.

I understand for deep rosters he had little upside, but more mine he would have been a really solid get.

:beers:

4 Likes

Can I just scream at the sky here for a bit?

Yesterday, the first day of present raid tournament, and I was feeling pretty good about myself, as I went 5-for-5. My Heimdall and newly emblemed Bertila were shining. Today?

• First team has not one, but two Alfrikes. Instant loss.
  • Next match, mono green team against a Krampus tank with a Frigg flank. So few tiles to charge my greens that the first time Frigg fires, there are only three green tiles on the entire board. But what it does do is set up all my heroes with def down, so that the cascade that finally brings some green tiles to the board occurs just as she’s charged again and can nuke all my heroes at once.
  • Next match - a win.
  • Next match, Alfrike tank. Four out of my five heroes hit with cubes before they can fire. Instant loss.
  • Last match, I go yellow mono, considering Hel wing and Boss Wolf flank, plus Poseidon mana protection against Telly tank and Hel. So few yellow tiles that Telly tank fired twice - and Hel wing once - before I got a single hero charged.

Five battles, four losses, and a total of eight enemy heroes killed. And I don’t think it would have mattered what teams I brought - the result would have been the same. What do you do with Alfrike in a very fast tournament? Bring yellow and hope to take her out or, in my case, fire Poseidon to keep the mindless attack from attaching. You don’t get six tiles before she does… game over. And in one case, thanks to a Lidenbrock flank, the enemy team had double their starting health by the time my team fell. How broken is this tournament format going to be when Ludwig shows up?

Oh, well, I guess I should be happy with the darts that popped out of a random raid chest last night. Just one more set, and I can ascend Devana. It’s the little things for FTPs. Not like my tiny little alliance has anything to look forward to in SGGs newest cash grab event that starts tomorrow.

Sometimes you just need to vent. Getting completely annihilated in a single day of a raid tournament is one of those times. Thanks for listening (or not).

5 Likes

Hey, I went 4 battles with 3 losses today and knocked me out with the loss of yesterday. So a total of 5 heroes killed.
I usually go rainbow and what got me were:
first loss: Alberich, going 2 for 2 on revive, bringing back cVivica and cQuintus
second loss: LotL tank. I was able to get Proteus off to slow them down to start, but strangely didn’t get enough tiles to kill anyone (via specials)
third loss: Santa tank with monk resistance going off twice when I was able to fire Proteus. Santa goes off multiple times.

It was frustrating. I doubt that color stacking would have helped since I was getting various colors and not enough to fire once for certain heroes.

2 Likes

Yeah, this Alfrikes are very OP in Rush…

Yesterday my only loss was against a team with Alfrike + Miki.
Alfrike disabled some of my heroes, and Miki silenced the rest. - Instant loss

Today I against an Alrike team, but it was a close call. In the end it was Devana against my Mist fight, but my first star hero was too weak against Devana with two of her minions…

My other loss today was against a Kadilen team.

I am waiting with a single life the next battle day…

2 Likes

In another thread (the Hungarian one) someone posted a team with 3 Alfrikes (one at 4.80 +20, two at 3.70) plus Heimdall and Mother North (here).

The whole thing is crazy. Feeling for everyone.

I got only one Alfrike today, and was able kill her before she fired. Thanks to G.Jackal, Uraeus and Joon, and, of course, the clemency of the board. Unfortunately, yesterday I forgot to use some of my hits.

3 Likes

This is the “easy” team what @Gartenerbsen is talking about:

2 Likes

oh… my… %#)($)(!()(@)(!** bleep bleep bleep

even with 2 of the Alfrikes at 3/70, that’s just… ugh

commiserations, everyone. Rush Attack 5* tourneys are also the ones I hate the most.

1 Like

@Noble_Weasel
Not sure if you would like to hear how I treat Raid Tourneys… But it is with a brush-off.

Since I don’t raid at all. Essentially, every week on Sundays when I opted into Raid Tourneys, all I am expecting is just to set some defense, collect some participation loot every Friday, and see if I can fill some raid chests that I don’t really bother filling in a timely manner (I will literally sit my raid chest at 39/40) for an entire week until the following week’s raid tourney, instead of trying to raid some players to get that chest filled).

Rush Raid Tourney with 5* and no color restriction means I am already expecting to be out the first or second day. Because

1. Too many non-skippable specials animations will be appearing on my screen than I care to view.
  2. Too time consuming to play.
  3. I am generally too lazy to switch out teams to find the combination against the team I am paired with.
  4. See number 3, because most of the time when I do, RNGesus will make sure I won’t have the color I needed. So I don’t even bother.

Monday I went 4-1, got lucky on tiles and no over the top animations. My lone loss came with a Miki tank, and with tiles not playing nice, it pretty much means he can continue to silence my entire roster and the rest of his team picked the rest of my team off one by one in very fast fashion.

Today, I took my exit to this week’s tournament where two of the losses were determined pretty much right from the start, and I wasn’t about to give the game giving the non-skippable burn burn burn defeat banner, and just fled each time.

Just don’t feel like wasting the time.

4 Likes

One of the most satisfying revenges I’ve had in a while !

7 Likes

Especially because they attacked me with this!

4 Likes

Nice! Make the spenders pay!

What was your logic in going mono purple? With two greens on defense, especially a beefy Heimdall tank, I would have rolled the dice and gone with mono red, even though my mono red team isn’t especially impressive.

3 Likes

thanks @Noble_Weasel !

Purple is my best anti-minion and anti-fiend team, where Bera helps get rid of fiends (so a soft counter to Elizabeth and Hannah).

and Proteus is my only mana controller who can block more than one enemy hero. I usually go Purple when there’s more than one enemy resurrector :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s where the penny was failing to drop for me. I forgot that minions can push out fiends. My minion makers are all average or slow, so I usually don’t consider them a counter to fiends. I just count on healing to get rid of them. I figured Proteus was for mana control. Nice strategy, and nice win.

2 Likes

thanks @Noble_Weasel :slight_smile: it doesn’t always work, but thankfully this time it did - luckily the enemy only had Morel as a “hitter”, and I was able to mana control.

3 Likes

So after the initial connection problem when CoK opened the wee hours this morning that caused a small uproar, it looks like things went ok (I stayed up to try a few stages to see what the whole hubbub was about, but couldn’t do any of the stages because of the hiccup), so I finished up the Trials that popped up at the same time and went to bed.

$GG sure likes to have many events that vies for WE show up at the same time to attempt to make a quick buck off of WE Flask purchases, don’t they?

So this morning got me looking at the this event a bit more after they are working.

Story-wise, the Wolf Family just seemed like a bunch of snobbish bullies and Raven Family was no where to been seen (only 2 representatives, a 3* and a 4* in the portal? There “has” to be more somewhere, even the story kind of eludes to it, perhaps a multi-part series).

Stage-wise, Rare wasn’t terrible, only that every mob enemies leading up to the bosses were mana drinking Elite Enemies, no Elemental Barriers, and the DoT / Attack Debuff can be cleansed, but gets annoying. Only 10 stages per tier.

A new currency introduced, and aptly named Alliance Quest Coins, to elude a follow up story or future Alliance Quests that will share the same currency (kind of like pre-emptive strike to make sure they don’t try to make Clash of Knight Coins and later have to change it the same way they made Ninja Coins and later changed it to Tower Coins because, you know how they operate.

Now, aside from War Loots, Raid Tourney, Popeye or opening your wallets, this would currently be the only other avenue where Aethers can be acquired. For all players looking to advance their rosters, this would be something to take note of. But since it looks like the tiers are locked behind the combined best scores for each participating member, unless you are satisfied with minimal rewards for participating, it kind of forces solo / small alliances to sign up to bigger and more active alliances because better participation means better potential rewards.

Small alliance members looks like they will have to spend a ton of resources if they want to stay in their current environment just to unlock the higher difficulty tiers. While this encourages active participation and can promote some healthy competition amongst members, but the fact that every member can see who or how much someone hits, it “can” potentially create some rift between the more active members and the less active ones.

I do see this being more of an issue with casual alliances such as the one I am in. While I am not sure if the rewards at the end are offered to this alliance as a whole regardless of member participation (like avatar rewards) or more like Titan loots where at least a single hit have to register in order for that to member to count as a contributor and get Titan loot, titan kill count on their profile and POV progress, etc., the former might end up creating some instances of “freeloaders.” If they are inactive for a while, and non-communicative for that matter, they might have already left the game, but if they don’t participate and only log in once in a while, they might be benefactors of more active alliance members who spent time and resources to open the doors, so to say. Will have to wait and see how the rewards are distributed after this first event ends.

While I can see some people will probably just try to go as far as they can with their small alliances or just forego the quest all together, I can see some people making in-game address changes or roster movements amongst all different levels of alliances in the near future because of the type of environment the devs have created, and it doesn’t look like they will stop with just this one alliance based event.

4 Likes

I already responded on the Quest thread my opinion

I thought about moving to a bigger alliance for this event, and decided I just didn’t care :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes