The FTP Rebellion. Who wants to join? (Part 1)

Out of those four HOTM, Devana seems to be the most versatile IMO.

Thanks Muchacho! :smile:

How are you going with your Seshat? :heart_eyes:

She is still at 3:70. I have the mats. I am just bringing all my 5’s to 3:70. Then I plan to do a final ascension extravaganza. There will be like 7 or 8 5’s involved to then bring to 80. Using in color feeders for 5’s (only 2 left) and throwing everything else at my LB heroes in the meantime.

Isarnia is driving me nuts as her special just won’t max. I even had the odds over 50%! What a ….

:beers:

1 Like

I don’t think you should say that about Isa around @Shohoku79. :innocent:

1 Like

I think she should level up for people other than @Shohoku79 :wink:

2 Likes

You can not only LB the costume, but there is no need to ascend the base hero to 75/85, you can ascend the costume only. And breaking a costume is very cheap compared to breaking the base hero. Did it with Joon, took only the costume to 85, because I need the base hero only in monk class trial quests, and there basic Joon, with full CB, LB and 19 emblems is strong enough.

Happy gaming

2 Likes

I’m taking a break from the forums.

I’m just not feeling it at the moment. I’m a little bit done with seeing people get mocked on rant threads, called greedy and everything. I wish there was more empathy and kindness, I used to also get frustrated, and while there are still some kind posters around I think we are a dying breed.

Maybe I’ll be back after a bit. Maybe not. I’ll still be playing but I’ll stick to my little alliance for now - and the FTP Discord.

Cheers all. You know where to find me. Y’all have been awesome, fellow FTP Rebels.

7 Likes

That’s our loss, @sleepyhead , but you gotta take care of yourself. If there’s one thing this COVID mess has taught us, it’s to take mental health seriously. I’m working on a grant proposal right now aimed at improving mental health and coping for healthcare folks, and the numbers were staggering.

Not just here, but everywhere. It makes me sad to see how divided my country (the US) is right now, and instead of fixing it, most folks seem intent on making it worse. I have very strong political opinions, and I am very far to one side of the political spectrum, but I still try to disagree agreeably, and I can’t understand why most other folks don’t seem willling to do the same.

Hope so. Until then, be well.

2 Likes

how do i get invited to FTP in discord

1 Like

There is a link in the very first post of this thread (easy jump up to top using the slider on the side)

3 Likes

No frets @SamMe and @Muchacho . See, to me, Isarnia is like fine wine. Comes better with age, you can’t exactly “rush” it, but if you just “slow” it down some, it pays dividends.

In an age where newer and more badassery of heroes coming around, she isn’t going to be a frontal assaulting forever, and like a fine wine that pairs and supports well to the main dish, her defense down is still one of the most potent in the game.

Ok, what are we talking about here again?

Ah yes, finicky specials. Although rare for a 5* to approach or at 3^70 and still not maxed, just got to see if you ever want to pull the trigger. Since you can’t do specials any more until you ascend that final time, it is just a choice you got to make. Either go for it, delay it, or not.

For me, no second thoughts were given when it comes to Isarnia’s advancement. Because she is the Queen, everyone else is just extras.

First mistakenly posted this in another thread, but…:

Sorry @sleepyhead if any of my posts was contributing to your distress. You are a very kind person. Take care of yourself, and I hope you get back to FTP rebellion soon!

@Gartenerbsen oh you’re all good, you’re one of my fave forum posters, always thoughtful - as your post now shows. If your posts had caused me distress I would have replied and said so. Thank you :slight_smile: I had to reply I didn’t want you to worry!

Thanks, and cheers, and See you when I’m ready

2 Likes

This is so nice of you, I said you are a very kind person! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I love isarnia and a staple on Titan teams. Sadly doesn’t make war outside of rush right now but no regrets maxing her and embleming, using her usually weekly at least depending on red titans

1 Like

I have been raiding a lot lately. Turns out when I don’t go a week + without raiding I stay in diamond quite easily …. weird, right? Anyway, two things I noticed:

1 - Gretel can definitely hang in diamond once emblemed and LB. She helped me take out Victor in my last one. Got special damage and 3 consecutive turns, due to very fast mana, of damage from the special on him. A thing of beauty.

LBs on my key 4’s have been huge. When emblems first came out I put them on key 4’s and ignored 5’s. That worked out in the long run with solid depth. I won’t hit 4600 with a single team, but can field 6 war teams at like 4300. Not having a drop off and wide array of abilities on the heroes has been great. Doing the same with LBs seems to be working out over saving to make a powerful minority on my roster more powerful.

2 - People in my alliance say I am nuts, but nearly every raid I lose is to a rainbow attacker. I rarely see mono, 3-2, anything else. Has anyone else noticed this or is anyone else attacking in rainbow only themselves? It was really shocking to see almost no stacked colors of any kind in successful attacks on me.

1 Like

The majority who attack me are mono. Very few are rainbow. in the 2500-2700 cup range.

1 Like

I took stock of all enemy raids in my watchtower. Here are the results:

• mono: 7
  • 4+1: 7
  • 3+2: 2
  • 3+1+1: 1
  • 2+2+1: 1
  • 2+1+1+1: 1
  • Rainbow: 6
    So where I am (my average number of cups is a little above 2500), looks like there are two types of people, one who attacks with rainbow and another who prefers to have a dominant colour. If I count as “attacking with a dominant colour” the formations with at least 3 of one colour, I think the majority is still using the “dominant colour” formations. But there is a significant minority who prefers rainbow or only 2 of the same colour.

But if you say this is a very small sample, I agree with you. If we want to see the dominant attacker formations depending on our cup numbers, we should collect data (I am too lazy, but if there is a collective effort, I’d try to participate…)

I would’ve said so myself a couple of months ago, but I am now used to it :crazy_face: Actually, there are times when I lose a lot of cups by raiding, then while I am sleeping, Brynhild, BK, MN, Hel and Uraeus devote themselves to the task of getting them back, and when I wake up, I find I have gained some hundred cups… Nice team, I would appreciate it if the game offered a possibility to improve boss-employee relationships by giving well-working teams some bonuses… They merit a salary rise.

3 Likes

I would be willing to go through my watchtower for raw imperical data. I did get raided 5 times last night: 1 mono, 4 rainbow. Something about me says “I need to rainbow that guy”

I hover around 4500 myself when I raid and my D team is rainbow just under 4500.

1 Like

This is a bit interesting… So I looked at my watch tower as well and found the following:

8 mono
5 4&1
2 3&2
1 3&1&1
1 2&2&1
2 2&1&1&1
1 rainbow

Very high in the color stacking. Generally I am around 2500-2600 cups, but most raids against me are after I fill a box (when I am in the 2700-2800s)

1 Like

I won’t say, “I told you so,” mainly because you didn’t argue with me! :slight_smile: But she is great, isn’t she? Especially when you consider her competition at the four-star yellow level. Glad she is also working out for you.

Besides war depth, I still favor this approach, because who wants to have a roster full of benchwarmers that you can never use because of the power drop between them and your best five in one color? That’s boring. I still don’t get as much variety as I would like, but I have at least one spot in all my mono teams that I try to vary based on the team I’m attacking, to say nothing of costume switches (looking at you Caedmon and Sonya).

I raid mono almost exclusively now, but in war, I still always go rainbow. :man_shrugging: Force of habit from before I had such a deep roster so I wouldn’t run out of one color. Anyway, I find that it’s not super unusual for me to one-shot six teams, and I can usually get four out of six, at least, during war with my rainbow squads. And my job is to go after the big dogs on the opposing side, as my roster is the most mature in my alliance. If I time it right, sometimes I can take out the top team four times, since our wars are usually 2 vs. 2 or 3 vs. 3. So rainbow is not dead. It’s quite viable, with good synergy. Sometimes you can’t find enough on-color tiles when you go mono. Sometimes you can’t assemble enough in any one color when you go rainbow. Them’s the breaks.

2 Likes